Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Pretty good episode. My only comment is that they should have consulted Garcia early on the episode right after they profiled that the unsub might be disabled! Because of that he escaped! :lol:

The next new episode will be in three weeks. :eek: The two repeat episodes before it will be 'The Uncanny Valley' and 'Mosley Lane.' Wow, those are great episodes from last season. Not bad afterall! :cool:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CBS screwed up. They had Matthew's voice saying "stay tuned for scenes from the next episode", yet next week is apparently a repeat lol.

Took me about a minute to realize the boy in this ep was Jesse from Supernatural lol. I knew as soon as I saw him that he was from Supernatural, but it took me a bit longer to realize which kid he was lol.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked this episode. I think the kids did a great job and my heart broke when Robert came back after the unsub took him alone. It was a good twist that they didn't catch the guy and they could very well use him in the future. The only downside for me is that there weren't a lot of team moments. Other than that pretty solid episode.

4. electra

electra Pathologist

I seriously wanted Morgan to beat the unsub badly!! I am biased with children and felt so bad for the kid.He was so strong protecting the sister and fighting back at the end that it was impressive.Overall episode was OK,not as good as last week but I was interested in the plot the whole hour.

Thank for the spoilers,destiny.

5. CCA

CCA Police Officer

This was such a bittersweet episode for me. Argh :( Probably won't get to see any new episodes until Christmas Exodus and that be like, one or two right? Hopefully by AIT I won't have missed to many and I'll be able to catch up rather quickly (runs around screaming)

For the episode, yikes. I thought it was a bit twisted, and I applaud the darkness it went too and I'm glad FINALLY a baddie got away. It's completely unrealistic to say they got them all. Because if we know how the real world works, they sometimes don't get it and sometimes they mess up. We are human. The boy and girl I thought did a beautiful job, sad thing is I just watched Firefly so all I can see is River and Simon, SHOOT ME!!! They were very believeable.

I agree hiphugger17 - I somtimes they would just break down and give nothing but character moments, I'm sure us fans wouldn't mind. Like the plane crashing, hahah

Great episode, and the spoilers for what's to come sound very interesting. Still dying wanting to know more of course hahah till next time, later yo!

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

7. whocares

whocares Victim

Wow at the episode.
    I was mortified that the guy got away, although I agree it's nice (well, not nice, you catch the drift) because they can't catch them all the time. I thought the kids did an excellent job acting, especially the boy. It was so sad when he came back with the flashlight, the look on his face, terrible! I'm glad that he let his little sister get away while she could and I'm glad that they found her. The boy was really brave to go through all of that. It sucks that the real criminal got away, but if he's going back in the woods won't they have all kinds of people canvasing the area in search of him?

8. Destiny

Source: EW

Under-appreciated Entertainer of the Year: The Final four

As November comes to a close, so does EW.com’s first Under-appreciated Entertainer of the Year Bracket Game. We’re down to the final four, each of whom is already a winner — they’ve been voted tops in their genre. The overall title, however, is the one that comes with bragging rights, so now is when they need your votes most. Who will you push into the finals?

The second semifinal matchup finds So You Think You Can Dance‘s Cat Deeley taking on Criminal Minds’ Thomas Gibson.

You may be surprised to see Gibson emerge the scripted TV victor: his fans not only outvoted those of The Vampire Diaries‘ Paul Wesley, the same ones who mobilized to help Ian Somerhalder defeat Robert Pattinson for the EW.com title of Sexiest Beast last summer, but also anyone still fuming that Sons of Anarchy‘s Katey Sagal was snubbed by Emmy voters this year. But let’s not forget that Criminal Minds is a Top 10 show, averaging 16 million viewers in its sixth season. Season-to-date, it’s the No. 1 show on Wednesday (bettering Modern Family head-to-head in total viewers). It’s also routinely among the Top 10 most DVR’d shows, which means those who watch it are loyal.

The delightful Deeley earning the reality-TV title, on the other hand, isn’t a huge surprise: Each year, EW.com readers lament the fact that she still has yet to nab an Emmy nomination for reality host when she’s so deserving (she cares about the contestants, she doesn’t make the show about her or the judges, and she dresses better than Heidi Klum).

Click here for more & Vote

9. Destiny

Source: EW

And the award for Under-appreciated Entertainer of the year goes to...

Thomas Gibson of 'Criminal Minds'!

Quick! What do American Idol graduate Allison Iraheta, So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley, Sons of Anarchy star Katey Sagal, The Vampire Diaries hottie Paul Wesley, Fringe scene-stealer John Noble, and House sidekick Robert Sean Leonard have in common? Aside from the fact that their copious talents don’t get as much recognition as they should, the sextet of entertainers all share the distinction of having been steamrolled by Thomas Gibson, star of CBS’ chilling procedural Criminal Minds, in EW.com’s Under-appreciated Entertainer of the Year bracket tournament.

Yes, folks, after a month of intense voting, fanbase lobbying, and crushed dreams, Gibson stands alone at the end of a competition that began with 64 players under-appreciated by the world, but beloved among EW readers. As the No. 8 seed in the TV bracket, EW’s team of editors clearly underestimated Gibson’s chances, but the dashing underdog could not be stopped. “Thomas Gibson IS Criminal Minds,” wrote a reader named GS. “The last couple of seasons he has done AMAZING work with the storylines he’s been given, and the show in general gets no respect. It has tons of fans but never gets recognized. That is the definition of underappreciated in my book.” Gibson’s final-round win against teenage rocker Iraheta (the No. 2 seed in the Music division) wasn’t even close, as his fans propelled him to a nifty 66.8 percent of the vote.

[mod note] On Thomas' Twitter page he wrote the following
    "Wow! I'm overwhelmed to be so underappreciated...just proves again that y'all are the GREATEST fans! Thanks!"

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yeah, I think all us TG fans had the baffling failure of his being nominated for an Emmy on our minds, and so we wanted to make darn sure he won the EW contest! :scream::thumbsup::drool:

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm prerty sure this news isn't posted here yet but Rachel Nichols is promoted as a series regular, according to Deadline, TVGuide etc... She was supposed to do only a 3-episode arc but it seems the producers liked what they saw and promoted her.

I'm happy for the show because we'll get some new stuff to watch. I'm glad AJ Cook is happy and doing great. As a fan, I think it's time to move on too like her and welcome the new character.

Regarding Thomas Gibson, he is indeed very under-appreciated, like Gary Sinise. They should have at least earned an Emmy nomination for their outstanding work. But I don't know, maybe the writers need to write Hotch as a flexible character, not always serious so that the award giving bodies will notice him. Not sure. But I'm satisfied with the Hotch we have. I don't get why Emmys are given to shows that are not popular.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  12. GregNickRyanFan

Well, this isn't going to go over very well with some fans. Originally she was going to be AJ/JJ's replacement, but then after negative fan reaction they bumped her down to three episodes... now they're back to making her a series regular? I'm beginning to think that she never was only gonna be there for three episodes and that's just something they "leaked" to the media to appease fans for a little while lol.

For the record, I'm neutral on her as of right now because I haven't met the character yet. I'll make my conclusion after the character's debut.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

YAY for Thomas Gibson.:thumbsup:I sometimes do not like that the show does not get the recognition that deserves ,especially the cast.

I like the idea of a new team member despite being upset about JJ.So I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

14. Destiny

Source: TvGuide (spoilers will be boxed)

Criminal Minds: Meet the BAU's Newest Team Member

Rachel Nichols knows she's in kind of a tough spot.

The former Alias actress, who joins Criminal Minds with a three-episode arc beginning Wednesday, is fully aware that longtime viewers of the show are still mourning the loss of veteran cast member A.J. Cook, who was let go from the show this season. But Nichols says the show allows the other characters to somewhat speak what the audience may be feeling about the new girl in town.

"I knew that JJ had left and then there was a lot of uproar. People were all wondering, who is this girl coming in?" Nichols told TVGuide.com last month. "What they wanted to do was introduce this character and have people like her because you can't have people angry and hate her right off the bat.
    some scenes in the first episode where [the characters] kind of talk about it, and they're definitely a little wary. But it was all intended to be a very warm welcome for this girl who was going to be here a short period of time."

But that period of time might not be short after all. Deadline.com reported last week that Nichols was in talks to become a series regular. CBS and ABC Studios, which produces the show, would not confirm the report, though Nichols hasn't shied away from tweeting her feelings about the news.

In any case, viewers will get to make up their own minds Wednesday, when Nichols' character, Ashley Seaver, a cadet at the FBI academy, is brought in to help the BAU
    a serial killer in a gated community. Even though she's still technically in training, she has a very specific insight into this case, according to Rossi (Joe Mantegna), who crossed paths with Ashley in the past.

"This episode deals with a gated community — everybody has the white picket fence, kids, a dog and a station wagon," Nichols says. "They're trying to look for an unsub who really carries off life as a perfectly normal individual. The experience Ashley grew up in [was] the seemingly idyllic childhood with a very dark underbelly. Rossi thinks they need someone with a new perspective and because of the way she was raised, she may have this perspective."

But is she ready for down-and-dirty field work? "She's green; she's not an agent who's been out in the field a lot," Nichols says. "But she asks if she can finish out her training sessions with the BAU because that's ideally where she'd like to end up one day. For the first time ever, she's looking at very gruesome crimes and seeing a lot of blood, and severed limbs. She's the one who asks a lot of the questions and it's helping her figure out if she wants to do this seriously or not."

And if she's going to be sticking around, she'll have to make some bonds pretty quickly.

Enter Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler), who was handpicked at age 21 to join the BAU by Gideon (Mandy Patinkin). "They have a bond by having grown up as outsiders," Nichols says. "She's fascinated by Dr. Reid because he's got that memory, and she knows he can give her insight into her past because she doesn't have a lot of details on it. They could certainly develop something there with the two of us having a lot of similarities."

Criminal Minds airs Wednesday at 9/8c on CBS.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Reid rambling about Star Trek was cute.

Loved Emily's mouthed "wow" at learning Ashley's background.

The detective's profile was pretty good.

LOL at Garcia teasing Reid. You know, as much as I don't want them to hook him up with Ashley, they'd have a really cute pairing name at least (Splash) LOL.

Only five sequences for the garage openers? Yikes! I need to check into that for my area. That is scary.

I figured out that it was Jacobs as soon as he asked Ashely to come inside.

Who was it that said "S.O.B." when they realized Jacobs had Ashely?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010