Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Thank you so much Aspirine for the site. I just discovered it roughly a half-hour ago and now I find you worked on it. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

It just makes me so, so angry at both TPTB and MK, albeit for different reasons for robbing us of one of the greatest TV couples of the last fifteen years.

TPTB did their damage by the swift decline in writing starting in season 6 and that Adam/Stella fling. What was that all about? Especially after "Grounds for Deception".

And then MK herself leaving like that, the end of SMacked, hopefully not permanently, and her leaving closing the door on M/S really damaged my respect for MK on a scale I hadn't felt in over a decade when my respect for Janet Jackson decline after the Super Bowl fiasco and the "Damita Jo" album prior to her rebounding. Until MK resurfaces with a new project, either TV-Show or movie, MK went from being a Greek Goddess to a perpetual bowling pin at the bowling alley that gets knocked down again and again. :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::devil: :evil::devil::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

I've even heard that Mac & Stella made/make for the greatest leading male/female duo since Mulder and Scully.

None of us, myself included are ready to give up on M/S, at not until Mac goes to New Orleans to visit her and her team there, he is married off (God, don't let it be Jo! Ack! Hopefully, he sees Stella and it's implied they get together), or God forbid, he is killed off or leaves the if/when Sinise opts to move onto other projects, or if/when CSI:NY is canceled.

Yes, the viewership is lower due to it's Friday Night slot but like a user said a while back, Stella's absence I genuinely believe, is the primary factor in the decline in viewership. The sense of being left hanging has left us bitter, angry, and even hostile to this show ever since we were shot in the chest over the summer. Yes it's a crime show, but at the same time, they aren't crime-scene investigating robots either.

I truly, truly would like to know what Mac is thinking when Stella is brought up when talking with Jo or the others. Did he have a falling out with Stella that ruined their bond beyond repair? Does he still talk to Stella on the phone, talking about the team she leads? Is Stella now going out with someone else? We'd like to know.

We should even have an episode, either during season break, or around the finale, assuming the show is NOT renewed and they're cancelling it, Mac gets an airline ticket with Stella's signature on a letter, with him smiling. The final scene is of him boarding a plane bound for New Orleans and when he steps off, we see him smiling and say "Long time no see Stella." and then, it cuts to credits and VOILA! The show comes to an end.

It would not even require MK returning but it would satisfy us once and for all and allow us to move on far more easily and heal a lot quicker. :) Not only that but I could finally accept Jo Danville and resume watching the show.

Afterall, the door is still open and we can still hope for something good.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Thanks for the site Aspirine.:) I'm glad you put that up because it's sites like that one that keeps Mac and Stella's relationship alive. I like to think of it as our own little smacked world that we can get lost in how it should be.

Ok, is it just me or does it seem like Stella has never even been there on the show now? Have they even mentioned her since the premiere?

3. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

You're welcome, guys! :D

CSIz4H, I know, right? I don't know but is it the last we heard of Stella was in the premiere? It's like Stella never exist in the show before. I feel very disappointed about that. The point is, Mac never mention about her at all... What has happened? Sighs. I missed her so much. In fact, I miss those moments Mac and Stella share even though it's subtle most of the time.

Seriously?!?! No doubt but they are the greatest partner I've ever seen in my life. Last time, CSI: NY were the only show I watch and I'm very satisfied with it. After the tragic news, I watch 5 shows now and I still can't find one that really moved me to want to run home and watch like CSI: NY before. I do hope Stella comes back one day or Mac go and find her. Oh...!

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Sigh*

I hear ya Aspirine. Stella not being mentioned since the premiere has pissed me off to the point that with the decline in TV-viewership, even taking into account thee Friday Night Slot, convinces me that the loss of the Mac/Stella dynamic, even non-romantic, or totally platonic, has killed the show for many viewers.

I truly am mourning this show for what it once was, and how tptb squandered making it a great show once more. I miss it terribly and even months later, I'm still struggling with trying to find a show that can even come close to taking the torch from CSI:NY. I seriously wonder what MK was thinking when leaving like this.

I could be misdirecting my feelings perhaps but solely from a TV-fans perspective, MK leaving like this, truly has pissed me off on a scale that rivals TPTB's handling of the show lately. It has been such that every time I go bowling, I keep pretending that MK is the front six bowling pins, TPTB being the back four pins and bands like U2, Front 242, or even Depeche Mode being the bowling ball, I kept getting scores of 180 or greater and watching the MK/TPTB pins getting knocked down again and again. I kept waving my fist in celebration whenever I got strikes or spares. Even celebrities who I'm giant fans of, when they piss me off, that perfume that smells so refreshing, when it catches fire, can burn the whole house down.

Did MK even consider the fans that would be incredibly upset? Did CBS's increasingly mysogynist treatment of Stella do it all in? I miss Stella terribly though I truly despise how they flushed her down the toilet after the end of season 5 and almost pretend season 6 Stella never existed.

If and/or when Sinise decides it's time for him to move on, we should absolutely see Mac leave for New Orleans to visit Stella and her team, even if we never see it but it would surely heal the damage both TPTB and MK left in so many of us.

You just CANNOT replace the dynamics that Mac and Stella had over the last six years overnight, nor even over the course of an entire season. To see how it peaked with "Grounds for Deception", and then flushed down the John in the season 6 premiere with the Adam/Stella debacle, then finally just sunk overnight over the summer, the heartbreak has been enormous. This is why I simply and profoundly reject Mac/Jo, especially so early on when Jo has been on the show for only a couple months at most. I didn't embrace Mac/Stella until some time after the second season and I certainly WILL NOT accept a Mac/Jo pairing under any circumstances, at least not even remotely until perhaps late in season eight, if the show even survives beyond the seventh.

Even from a purely platonic standing, Mac and Stella simply had a dynamic that is irreplaceable which is why it's absence made me stop watching new episodes. Hell, I couldn't even watch old re-runs until just a week ago. My grief over MK's abrupt leaving was that great.

Let's hope I never endure another TV-demise like this ever again because this one truly hurt like a S.O.B. and repairing my TV heart has been a long arduous undertaking, the greatest since moving on from "Gargoyles" and "Carmen Sandiego" ending in the late 1990s. It took me a very long time to fully recover from those two. It will take me a long time to get over "CSI:NY".

'Nuff said for now. Over and out.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

I didn't understand it. I don't know why Melina decided to move on and I don't know why TPTB is handling this in such a way. And honestly, I don't know what on earth is going on with CBS! Recently there's an interview which Melina says, it's not about money but she follows her heart to move on. I'm relieved to hear about that though and she says don't give up on her as she'll be "visible" soon. She's been working on a few projects. I do hope her "visible" do mean something.

I totally agree with you, Axatallux. What they have built these years, these six years in the show... more than 10 years of relationship maybe not as couple yet but best of friends, come on, where has it been? Someone who has worked with you and known you personally and professionally, someone who has been there for you each and every time things goes wrong never exist before? Memory wiped or something? We never did ask for more.

I haven't watch any new episodes or any re-runs either. I have all the six seasons DVDrip in my computer and I don't even dare to open the folder. But the unexpected thing is, I don't know why each time, I would think of the moments they shared instead of Stella leaving, those beautiful and priceless moments, it shed my tears. I didn't know this would give me a great impact until the day I heard Melina was leaving.

Mac and Stella do have a special bond and they're not just some ordinary TV show couple. This relationship they have, even though it's just friends, were enough to amaze us and tugs at our heartstrings. This is the first time I experience this because Mac and Stella were the first and only couple I've ever shipped in my life as I rarely do get moved by anything on TV but this two... cause me to think about them even by just listening to a song, cause me want to get home as fast as I can after work just to watch their scenes, cause me to want to spend time doing something for them (e.g. making videos for them, avatars, icons, websites, and one thing I love the most: screen capturing each and every scene they share). It's so nice to spot those little glances and gaze they share. And also the slightest touch on the arm, small of her back makes my heart skip a few beats. Geez... Ah, even those subtle things could brighten up my tired and stressed out day. Thinking about it now makes me smile... :)

I'll talk to you soon ;)!

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I hear ya Aspirine. The way this all went down, TV-Wise, just has left me in sheer grief.

These writers pondering the idea of a Mac/Jo romantic paring just makes my blood boil and hurl the TV straight out the window! The total disregard for the long-term bond that Mac and Stella HAVE warrants the show's demise. A user somewhere said that MK's departure reminded him/her of a TV show called "Beauty and the Beast" where the female leading lady left, was replaced, but the show got cancelled in the third season. I feel very much the same way about CSI:NY.

Sure there's more to the show than just Mac/Stella but if the show was a car or even a giant robot fighter, Melina Kanakaredes is like the generator or giant energy battery that powers the machine and with it's removal, the machine simply stops working, much like a car with it's battery removed.

I also had been reading this sickening news of a possible romance for Jo Danville. If it's with her ex-husband and they reunite, wonderful. But with Mac? Come on! What is that all about? :mad: It's like TPTB are pulling this Mac/Jo nonsence right out of their digestive terminal exits and dumping it into our living rooms. I AM okay with Mac and Jo being good friends and all that, but to PAIR them up, who do these numbskulls think they are?! Even Mac/Peyton is light years better than Mac/Jo. I had always thought of Mac/Peyton as a fallback pairing but it seems even that is gone too. Now I'd rather Mac be alone.

It's like there was a supercontinent called SMackie Land with Stella on the west, and Mac on the east. A rift valley formed though between Stella on the west, and Mac on the east. Later, that rift-valley became a river separating them. That river widened, and became a narrow sea. Stella drifting west, Mac drifting east. Now that sea has widened into an ocean and thousands of miles of ocean now separate Mac and Stella, the only evidence is the similar rock formations seen on Stella's east coast and Mac's west coast.

Once one as SMackie Land, now Mac and Stella are separate continents, thousands of miles apart, evolved beyond compatibility, beyond recognition.

God, Aspirine, you have no idea how much spiritual medicine I've needed to clean my house, my mental world, and the neighborhood of the scourge of post-Season 5 CSI:NY. I've even had dark thoughts of where Mac and Jo fall into the Grand Canyon, apparantly to their deaths, and Stella on the edge, looking down yelling "Lots of luck Mac! Stay gone this time!". It's exactly how I feel towards this show.

In terms of how we feel about TPTB over their handling of the character, versus MK leaving, from my view, I now think of Pam Veasey and Melina Kanakaredes as players on opposing teams at a sports game. Both of them get red flags and get kicked out of the game and out of the stadium. I can hear the sports commentator in my head saying "It's a red card! They're outta here!" with the crowd booing both of them.

Sinise, Ward, and Mendolsen shake their heads in disgust when PV and MK get thrown out of the stadium with the crowd of 50K shouting "AND STAY OUT!!!!" in perfect unison.

I never thought I'd feel this way but it was extremely hard for me to stomach watching re-runs of CSI:NY, even online.

The least they can do is if Sinise decides to close the books on this show, he goes to find/visit Stella in New Orleans. We don't have to see it. We don't need to see it on the TV screens but if Mac goes to New Orleans, even just to visit for a few days, it would heal the wounds a lot more quickly. I just simply refuse to let this thread fall off the page nor let the audience forget Mac/Stella out of hope that MK could briefly return with a shot of New Orleans and Mac at the airport. :)

That's all I can ask for.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

YEAH! ASPRINE!!! Thanks for bringing life back to the thread!!:thumbsup::adore:
    I went to the website you have created and thank you so much but is there a way to have a talk forum like this one on your new site? I miss discussing Mac and Stella with fellow Smackies and to be honest I dont watch the show much either. I did a couple of times but it just doesnt do it for me:( Like everyone else I use to get REALLY excited for Wednesday night to come around just to get my Smack fix but dont care much for the show now. I still like to come to the forum though just to see whats up and I am glad others are stopping by to this thread because it is my favorite and I miss discussing Mac and Stella.
    You know I feel the same way. I cant understand the callousness of the show runner whom I believe to be PV. I use to think she wrote some good stuff and would have been fair to Smack fans but when she put Stella with Adam I dont know what the motive but it all went down hill from there. It was insulting to a whole slew of fans and as faithful as we were by keeping the ratings up and buying products as well, we deserve better treatment. Why cant they mention Mac talked to Stella or made a visit to New Orleans and mention it to her coworkers. And to use Lindsey as the vehicle for information of her departure?:confused: Why not Mac? The whole thing was insulting! Mac and Stella are best friends why would they not have Mac mention her now and again? It would open the possibility of more people tuning in to watch.
    I agree with you! And we can write our own story.:thumbsup: I think Mac has been down to New Orleans a couple of times since Stella left and he even helped her get settled! Well I know they are fictional but so is the whole show right?:lol:
    No your right it does seem like that and that is such a "cheap shot".:rolleyes:

I know right? It is like somebody was purposely trying to destroy the character of Stella just because they did not like the way Smack was going in GFD. The good news is we saw it for ourselves and we can come to our own conclusions and mine is that Mac and Stella will always be special!:thumbsup: There relationship to one another light up the screen and is so very natural:)

:lol::lol::lol: Whoa there! Thats gotta hurt!:lol: Well if you look closely
    Jo flirts with all the boys:lol: And if they write that as a suggetion the Jo/Mac shippers will have the pleasure of the "see-saw" game the writers like to play. After all thats what keeps them tuning in! They love to lead the viewer on that is what they do best:rolleyes: I tried to like Jo but she makes it difficult for me, I perceive her as a flirty know it all and she comes on way to strong:rolleyes:. Besides she does not have that New York charisma that Stella possesed and can never have the bond Stella had with Mac alot of intimate moments with Mac and Stella we have to cherish:) Just like Lindsey can never be as good as Aiden was Jo can never be as good as Stell. You cant take Manhatten out of New York and try to replace it with Montana and Georgia or wherever there From!:lol:
    Thanks again Asprine for Lighting up the thread again it has been a pleasure talking Smack with my Smackies:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Lori, you're welcome ;).

I'm working on the forum and a few other stuff but I need some time. :thumbsup: My final exam is here and I kind of need to concentrate but when December comes, the forum will be up. I do enjoy discussing and sharing our opinions and thoughts about smacked. It's what makes my day before. :lol: Guess now it just makes the four of us here on this thread including CSIz_4_H.

*Uses a megaphone* Helloooo, anyone out there still holding on to Mac and Stella? *knock knock* Okay, it's just my echo... :guffaw:Seriously, if you are here and reading, do post something here, we'd like to hear you ;). You are always welcome in the realm of Mac and Stella!!! :)

It's like a step forward and a billion steps backward! :wtf:

EXACTLY! I would tune in to watch even if Stella doesn't appear on-screen. Just to hear Mac mentioning about her is more than enough for us. As usual, we never ask for more. :scream:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Take all the time you need! I just thought I was doing something wrong. You just work on your studies and Ace those tests!:thumbsup:

Me too and it will be good to have another place to do that. :) It just seems if you dont care for Jo and want to talk about Stella or Mac and Stella your suppose to just forget about them because you might offend someone if you dont like the new Jo.:rolleyes: They dont even think they should mention Stella just because she is gone they say it is not normal procedure in the work place when someone leaves but where I work we reminisce about old co-workers all the time. Nice try thinking she should just be forgotten that isnt going to happen!:lol: The other shows who had people leave last season were much more respectful to there fans.:rolleyes:

Someone there could not handle the friendship Mac and Stella had and just decided they needed to destroy it. I mean just forget about her? What an insult to Melina as well it looks like they were trying to get back at her for leaving.

So that is the beauty of our own imagination that and the fact that we need to discuss Smack in this forum!:lol: So what do you think? Maybe Stella comes up for Thanksgiving and Mac goes down there for Christmas! She already has a place to stay remember Mac has an extra room!:devil:

10. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Thanks, Lori! :D

Offend who? :lol: I could honestly say that I dislike the new Jo. However, I'm not bashing her even though I don't like her. It's just my personal point of view. Do you like her, Lori? :) That's right! Stella is not just about to be forgotten! As long as we are here... :p

Gosh! I just thought about that scene yesterday and now we're talking about it. *gulps* Yes, yes, it would be a wonderful idea... :adore:

Maybe someone in the team comes up and ask Mac if he wants to spend thanksgiving with them and he says, "I have got to pass. I've got plans with Stella this year." Not necessary have to show on-screen, those few words will make us go out of our mind :adore: :guffaw:.

And that someone is... :wtf: They're not only destroying their friendship but also jeopardizing the show. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

You know, when I heard about this "possible romance" between Mac and Jo, I thought 'what the heck?!'. I mean Stella was there for six years and nothing supposably happened, yet Jo's there for not even a year and there's already talk of romance? Are we suppose to buy that?

Anyway, like you all said, wouldn't it be great if Mac did spend Thanksgiving down in New Orleans with Stella? He could even take Reed along. It'd be a regular 'family affair'.;)

12. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I hear you CSIz_4_H! The idea of a 'possible romance' between Mac and Jo just pisses me off to no end!

I mean come on! We saw the fire getting brighter with "Grounds for Deception", we've dedicated 19, that's right, NINETEEN Mac/Stella threads so far! That's REAL dedicated fanbase to Mac/Stella. I can't even remotely see Mac/Jo even getting more than maybe 2 or 3 threads before the site administrations may decide it's time to close up the site and retire it.

Like I said many times before, I would LOVE to see Jo AND Stella interacting, either the latter visiting NY, hopefully, just maybe with a baby in a stroller, and Mac, shocked to realize that he and Stella are parents of a son. Or Mac visits Stella in New Orleans, and meet her team down there.

With the exception of a re-run of "Officer Blue" a few weeks ago, I haven't watched ANY CSI, AT ALL, since the end of season 6. You are right, a few posts before me.

We kept the ratings up, as SMacked fans for so long, even with the downer that the sixth season was. Yet, MK's leaving, the rating for season 7, barely even registers with the lowest viewed episode of season 6. The lowest I've counted was I think "Redemptio" or "Tales from the Undercard" with 10.3 million viewers. The highest for season 7 was I think around 10.4 so far, and that is NOT a good sign.

Stella Bonasera is like the keystone in an archway, the center stone on the top of the arch. Mac could be the material the arch is made of. Yet, remove that keystone, the entire archway collapses. Stella's absence is like the removal of that keystone and the archway of CSI:NY collapsed over the summer.

Jo seamingly was put in Stella's place but that 'new keystone' was placed in mid-air, the arch already collapsed.

Once was a smexy gutter, now just an ugly scar on my mental landscape. A shame it came to this. I miss this show so much but I'm NOT watching it without MK!

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

No I do not like her either. But like you I dont want to bash her. My reasons for not liking her is not her fault I cant stand the way they write her.
    I remember when she left and they said Jo would not be "replacing" Stella but would be an addition...Well when they dont even mention Stella from time to time it sure seems like replacing her to me.:rolleyes:

AAAHHH yes the joy of memories!:drool:

EXACTLY!:thumbsup:

You got THAT right! :wtf: And when PV was talking about her infamous "triangle" she did mention Stella as a possiblity as well, but now I see she was just appeasing us:rolleyes: But Jo is there for a couple of episodes and all of a sudden Mac is "in love":lol:.....Not the Mac I know.

Oh but your suppose to just "Get over it" and I'm sure YOU TOO will just LOVE the new girl .:rolleyes:

Thats right!:thumbsup: I think GFD was really the all telling episode!:drool: Mac realized just how much Stella meant to him. By traveling half way across the world ...well how ever far he went:lol:. By doing that he proved just how much she meant to him.:drool::thumbsup:
    And this is the thanks we get kind of makes ya feel like a used cheap rag tossed by the wayside.:rolleyes:
    Me too I think they would have gotton along great! Poor Stella all she had for female compaionship was Lindsey how boring is that!:lol: If Mac had Stella and Jo in the office what fun the girls would have gaining up on him!:lol:
    Yea when we lost watching Smack we lost a "best friemd" So Mac when you said you could honestly say you couldnt do the job without her, well she was right...you could, but you just wouldnt be as good at it.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Mkay... so yea, you ladies don't like Sela/Jo that's fine. What I do mind is that this thread is for Mac and Stella. NOT for complaining that she's not on the show, not for complaining about Jo. Got it???

I've been letting lots of stuff roll hoping this will get back on track. I don't want to see any more stuff about Jo, her character, her 'possible' romance with Mac, any of that stuff in this thread!

I really don't want to have to lock this thread or give out official warnings, but I will if the Jo dislike happens any more in THIS THREAD!

There is a dislike/debate thread for all three CSI shows tacked to the top of the forum. PLEASE take your SHIP dislike there from now on.

You are free not to like a character. We are human, no one likes everyone. BUT, no more stuff about Jo in this thread unless it relates to Mac and Stella and THEIR relationship.

I think I've made myself clear now....

15. Emilie

Emilie Victim

I don't like Jo too... :shifty: But i would like to see her ask question about Stella to Mac or Flack.

She could one day ask to Mac, how was Stella, who she was to him "Did you to have ever?..." XD Not in a flirty way, but in a friendly way. And like that we could know how Stella doing in NO, i mean Mac could tell something like "Yeah we're still in contact, i talk to her everyday..." Just a little something, it's all we ask. For now...

She could also ask to Flack or to anyone in the team how was Mac and Stella, if they was more than just friend and partner...