The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Dear websites, such as IMDb and YouTube. Could you please give me an option that the site does NOT use automatic translator. No, I don't want to see Finnish titles, I don't want to see crappy Google-translatorlike Finnish in YouTube vids or IMDb searches...
    Our language's grammar struckture is so goddamn different from English that please, please please give me option not to use it. Crappy translation like that just makes reading more slow and rather annoying.

Like YouTube, all services are in Finnish (such as terms search, download, create account and so on) and it's ok, those are good - but I don't want viddesricptions or names to be translated automaticly.

Thankyous

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

To my significant other,

I thought we agreed to buy what we wanted when we did our grocery shopping trip so we could get what we wanted. You got a bunch of junk, I got the healthy snacks that I liked to eat at night. Why is it that you took it upon yourself to eat my frozen yogurt and like half of 'my' apples? You got the food you wanted, stop eating mine please.

Thanks.

3. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Dear dumb jerks in the mall:

Yes I understand that I am pregnant, you really do not need to point it out to your friends Kay? And by the way old lady who works in Please Mum, if you don't like kids WHY THE HELL do you work at a kids clothing store! Like really, if you hate kids so much then leave, and you have no freaking right to tell me wether or not I will be able to raise MY child. It is MY life and MY decision, so back the Frick off!

Also the jerk who told me I couldn't sing, SHUT UP! I was there to raise money for kids in need, instead of complaining about the entertainment why don't you give a donation and LEAVE! You were not forced to stand there and listen to me sing, so why didn't you just leave. Like GOD!

Ok I feel sooooo much better now :)

4. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Dear New Teacher

Yes, I do realise I have terrible handwriting, and no, I can't stop it. I've tried getting professional help for it but nothing's worked, which is why I need to work on the computer in class and exams. Normally I wouldn't mind that you keep harping on about how bad my handwritten work is when I can't go onto the PC, and I don't mind that you pretty much treat me like a retard cause of it, but what really bugs me is that your handwriting is barely any better! I can hardly make out a word you put on the board! I could handle it if you were just an unsympathetic jerk, but that's just plain hypocritical!

And those guys who like to bug me on a daily basis...It's called Asperger's. Not asparagus, not 'ass burgers', but Asperger's. Make fun of how I look, act and talk all you want, but don't you dare make fun of my mental disorder, you freakin' morons!

Sincerely,
    Pi**ed off Student

There is nothing like coming here after school and having a nice long vent :)

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Why oh why would you all leave the new girl all alone in the front lobby on a Monday during lunchtime?!! :scream: I mean ALL of you! Front office is gone. The other teller is gone. I'm all by my lonesome and waiting on all these people with all of these things they want done, half of which I have no idea how to do because you're all so laid back with your "training"!

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Dear idiot on a certain message board (not this one):

My opinion differs from yours. That doesn't make me wrong or evil or stupid or anything else. It means I don't like something that you do like. Get over it and yourself. I'm not going to get into the "Is not!" "Is too!" fight you seem to want to start because I am an adult and can handle opposing opinions. Grow up.

7. DragonFriend95

Dear 'Friends'

It's been a vicious round of volleyball, my back already hurts from last night and now my arms are in pain. The last thing I need is you guys 'playfully' emptying a canister of deodorant all over me! Don't even try to fob it off as a 'joke', cause this is the fourth time you've done it so you really shouldn't be surprised that I was none too pleased about it. You know that that awful spray stuff makes me gag and isn't good for my unfit lungs, yet you still pester me with it and act all innocent when I snap. Playful jokes are fine, getting on my nerves isn't.

And for that matter please stop sending me all these damn applications for your silly Facebook games! I've posted numerous times that I don't care about them, and that I especially hate that 'Farmville' thing, but I still have to spend close to half an hour deleting them all. Please, you're wasting my valuable time!

From that girl you know

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

To the mailman,

It would be nice to get our mail before 5pm once in a while! Once again we get something in the mail necessitating a phone call but, oh look, it's after 5 - they're closed! :scream: Our old mailman for years got it here at 2:30 in the afternoon.

To the cable company,

In Saturday's mail we get a bill. We owe 2 months, we know that. When it was up to my brother to pay it you let him get up to 4 months without saying a thing to him about it being outstanding. So how com on Monday - yesterday - we get a notice in the mail (when it finally came!) giving us a turn off date if we don't pay? A notice that, mind you, according to the post mark on the envelope was sent out one day after the bill. You that sure we aren't going to pay your bill? We've always payed the bill, it may be late, but we always pay it and any late charges.

(ETA: Wow! 2:28 and mail's here! Never knew ranting on here would work that way. :shifty:)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Had a similar mail problem this week. :shifty:

Wireless box fails on the first week in November. Called for a new wireless box on the following Tuesday after numerous attempts to fix it on my end and the continuous run-around with the techs on the phone. They said it would take 3-5 business days, which is reasonable. Wednesday comes along, Thursday's a holiday (Rememberance Day) so I know I'm not getting the box. Friday, the NON holiday business day rolls around and no box. Okay, no problem, it's only technically been two days. I have to wait through the weekend of course and finally, I get the new wireless box today because on Monday, nobody got their mail for some screwball reason. Low and behold, the box had actually gotten here FRIDAY and the mail woman decided to take an extra long weekend for herself and delivered the box last night after 5pm. :rolleyes:

I sort of had bills to pay, school assignments to hand in and would have appreciated my internet on Friday, thanks. Canada Post really needs to keep track of its independant contractors.

Lesson learned? Two weeks without internet makes Finch go something something...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

If you don't want to receive notifications from FB games, then block the games. You can't control who gets the notifications or not.

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I have horrible handwriting as well :lol: :lol: I wrote lots of extra homework when being on first grades and I failed number "4" many times :lol: :lol: (we had these notebooks where teacher wrote example and we had to write that letter or number 4 lines)

And I HATE when teachers had even worse handwriting and they kept bitching about yours. First year in Upper Secondary School, our FInnish teacher had so bad handwriting that we couldn't read what she had written about our essays and stuff :lol: :lol: Then we got better teacher and usually comments end to word "HANDWRITING!!!!!!!" :lol:

ALso the same school, our English teacher had bad, bad BAD handwriting and everyone joked about it, even she. And it didn't help that it was a foreign language.
    Then 3rd year she wrote our course timetables with PC and we were shocked. No more guessing :p

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

to my dive camera: why did you have to flood at the beginning of the dive today? i saw the fish i have been wanting to get pictures of for months but they havent turned up on my other dives. i only have 5 months left in grenada and you had to flood now? j is optimistic you will dry out since you didnt flood fully, but i dont think there is much hope. i got you at such a good deal, i dont think i can afford to replace you :(

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh stupid library, I so hate to use your services.
    Always crowded and now you claim I need to search at home for my card. I actually had over year to look for it so why just don't accept you've lost my card, plain and simple.
    And no free computers? Don't let all those kids sit there all day long. They have pc at home.
    And all you can offer me is non-internet pc's, and of course I choose the best one. And at the best moment when I've loading my pictures on CD one b**ch has to ask me to move to another pc cause she needs Vista. Crap, you just needed pc your brain could understand. And now you've got it you're running around asking if someone knows how to make tabs on excel. Ha ha, that's my revenge for making me move.

And the worst is that other pc can't get my CD read, wtf it's almost empty. And my mp3 is not recognized, wtf is wrong?

And after that I still had to look for another library to use internet. Gosh it's far and it's dark outside, and raining.
    At least there was free pc and I finally could get a hold on my fanfic...

Can't wait till they build up new library. Will go there every day till I get my own pc.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh my gosh...seriously? You're a grown woman and you act like you've never left your house before! I know you're from Kentucky, but come on...the traffic rules are the same in Indiana. We have stop lights, street signs, two lane roads. You act like you're going to Mars! What the hell do you mean you can't find Applebee's? Are you incapable of getting to the mall and then...um...I don't know....LOOKING for Applebee's?? You've seen the commercial and you can read, so I assume you can find the sign and point your car toward it!

And yes...I know...it's dark. Somehow everything goes invisible in the dark and you can't find your way back to dad's house. HOW many times have you been up here??

Gotta go. It's almost time for you to arrive at the designated spot by the mall where I am to meet you so we can find the Applebee's together. But I'm not taking you all the way back to dad's house!

15. DragonFriend95

Dear Sister

I know it's you who, for some truly inexplicable reason, opens my door every night. You probably do it just because you know that I hate having my door open cause it's so noisy even at night, but what you seem to forget is that we have kittens now! Never mind that I wake up covered in scratches and bite marks, but we both have a bus to catch in the morning and I can't waste ten minutes fishing them out from under my bed or from the back of the wardrobe.

Oh, and for your information, you will be paying for those headphones. You were the one who let the cats in, so its your fault that they somehow managed to climb onto the top shelf and chew the wire in half. Sure I only use them for entertainment, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one forking out cash when it's your fault!

From Your Big Sis

And to my Invigilator

I'd get it if you were mad at me for being late, but the timetable specifically said that the exam started at 1pm- and I even came in ten minutes early- not your 'own time' that was about half an hour earlier for some reason you won't tell me; the kids that didn't need computers started at 1pm so I don't see why I should be any different. And for the record no, you didn't tell me to be back in fifteen minutes, you said I could take a break for lunch. Which is an hour long according to the timetable. I was seriously not comfortable giving you my exam answers when you were acting so unprofessionally.

And you calling me 'Number Ten' because that was my computer number irked me too. Really? There were four other kids in the room, and the exam was about three hours long. You honestly couldn't remember five names in that span of time? It's rather trivial, true, but I don't like to be delegated to a number.

And the other student, really, you're sweet, but I've had four years of computing lessons, I think I know where a USB stick goes in the computer and how to save/print files :rolleyes:

From Number 10

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.