Grade 'Hide Sight'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 5, 2010.

?

How would you grade Hide Sight?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep of CSI: NY tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It seemed like there was a lot of awkward dialogue this week.

And the award for Most Emo Serial Killer goes to...

I'm glad Sid is okay. *huggles him*

Also, I *heart* Jo. :adore:

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

So-so episode.
    The case was okay, nothing fantastic or anything.
    I don't know who's idea it was to put Danny in another grandpa sweater - but they should be fired form wardrobe.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

For me this is the most intense episode so far, maybe since Pay Up? This is all I can say for now. I'll watch it again this weekend. A+

Edit: Good to see the sniper case ends tonight. I thought it was a 3-episode arc.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I forgot to mention John Larroquette. He didn't get much to do this week. I guess this episode was mostly setting up the character and his conflict with Mac. I'm curious to see how things go in Larroquette's other two episodes. (I think he's signed on for 3, but don't quote me on that - these shows like 3-episode arcs. ;))

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

ok i was going to wait until i could watch it again because the sound didn't work so well tonight but hey! it looked GREAT! Love Mac preparing his team. He already know they are capable of the best but when he talks "in conference" he makes them focus on the same goal. Nothing in the world is more important than the task they have in front of their eyes. Also i found very touching how he almost regretted the instant previous he shot because it was like he understood what he had suffered being so young (it shows the change Mac got after all these years, specially since the second part of S4, the "understanding approach" and then S5)
    I LOVE Sid and Sheldon. Poor Sid! :D Love that scene with Jo at the end and the Danny and Don scene (short but effective). Also i repeat I LOVE teh casting this year. All actors are unknown to me (I mean most of them of course) However all seem to make their time worth in front of the cameras

Great job :D A+ (yes, another one! :D)

7. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I thought this was a very strong episode, a little bit of a departure from the usual episode structure. The reveal of the killer's face, and the swerve about his identity were well handled, although I really should've seen it coming. They made a point about it being a mitochondrial DNA match, I should've realized the brother would come into play. There were some really nice character moments, too.

The scene with Jo & Sid at the end was very sweet. I thought at first she just had his old glasses cleaned up nice, but to hear that she actually got him a new set that was even safer was very touching.

I liked the scenes with Mac and the "girl next door", they were handled quite well. I'm glad she didn't become another victim or turn out to be an accomplice, or anything like that. We've seen several episodes where the case has a link to Mac's past, either personal or professional, but this one avoided being repetitive. It feels like Horatio down in Miami is always the one rescuing the damsels in distress, I'm glad Mac got to be the one this time. :)

8. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

A+

Great episode! I didn't expect it at all, but I really enjoyed myself watching. The episode was case driven, they did pay attention to detail this time and the characters got a fair share of air time. Very subtle yet meaningful, personal interaction between the CSI team and that's exactly the way I like it. Less is always more! Although my two favorite actors are Eddie and Carmine and I'd have loved to see more of them, I still think "Hide Sight" was one of the most intense episodes so far. The guest-stars especially the sniper and Ted Carver were fantastic and the dynamic between everyone was acted out so well! The quality on the show is rising again, and this is certainly an episode I'd watch all over again.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  9. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I really, really enjoyed this episode! I gave it an A! It was interesting and visually appealing. I like the odd art the vic painted on the walls. And cool way to bring in weird bug stuff. I could write this in better way but anyway. I liked the way Mac handled the witness girl. I loved their window-to-window chat. First it was a cool way to interview her, but the camera angle was very awesome and Mac looked SO hot! But I digress, I thought the left-out son perp was a good way to go.

I felt so bad for Sid. Thank goodness he was all right. I will say this, knowing it isn't going to happen. But I think Jo and Sid make a better pair than her and Mac. Idk Sid needs some action. Gotta root for the older guys :)

I still wish they'd do a Sheldon episode. I feel like he isn't utilized nearly enough on the show and I like him. A lot of people love Flack and Danny, but I prefer Sheldon.

Overall, the episode really held my attention and I'm ready for more. Excited to see where they'll take the conflict between Mac and Larroquette's character.

10. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Recorded it and Blue Bloods b2b. I thought it was enjoyable, better than average. The idea of a sniper running around NYC simply because he didn't get enough attention is a bit of a stretch--the level of hysteria would immediately harken back to David Berkowitz, especially with the innate yippiness New Yorkers have post 9/11. The kid sniper was not very convincing: looks like Bieber, talks like Bieber, acts about as well as Bieber.

John Larroquette has aged pretty gracefully. If he's had work done, it's well-disquised. And wouldn't it be funny if they could find space for Richard Moll ("Bull" from Night Court) in one of these? :D

I noticed Sela Ward has a much less noticeable accent in this episode. Last week she was twangier, I assume since they were recounting her prior life in Virginia.

A lot of the new cases are ones Mac has been on before. If we're taking a trip back in time, I'd like to see another trip to Chicago, or something involving his time in the Marines.

I'm not usually home on Friday night, but the combo of CSINY and Blue Bloods might force me to change that.

11. Country233

I am glad she is toning it down. Hey, I am a Southerner and I realize it is endearing to some but annoying to others. I for one, get the impression she over-did in the earlier episodes. There's a difference in being natural and acting extra "folksy" to come off as a certain way.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Just watched it again, and I enjoyed it very much. Kind of fast-paced. I also like Jo working with Lindsay.

Everytime Mac says or acts that he has some connection with the case, like this one and in 'The 34th Floor' when he said he's still in the building when the murder happened (just to name a few), I just say "sure you do." :lol: At first, I kind of doubt Mac could work a missing persons case. But yeah, it's possible since he's a CSI, which is used by other NYPD units (Special Victims, Homicide etc.) to helped them solve their cases. At least, he's not on the file video when the Michael returned to his family.

It's weird there was no mention where Michael and Tom's parents were. Or did I miss it?

I like the character moments as usual. Jo and Sid are sweet in the end.

The showdown between Mac and Tom in the end was intense. It reminded me a little of Suspect X's with Mac on season 4.

Overall, an intense and exciting episode. My favorite so far this season.

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ They said they were on their winter vacation in Florida, and that they'd been gone for about a month.

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. The storyline, for me, was interesting, because it makes you wonder about kids like Tom (and Michael too, for that matter) as they try to move on from a horrible family tragedy. It's amazing.

But, on a less serious note, what has been going on with Flack's hair this year? Seriously...

B+ from me. :)

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm not sure emo quite covers it, they made him out as a textbook case of borderline personality disorder i think, although it rarely results in that kind of violence. you couldn't say he was socio/psychopathic because there was too much emotion driving his actions, but borderline entails abandonment issues usually stemming from neglect, feelings of emptiness, impulsive acts, sometimes violent (more usually directed at the self), difficulty controlling anger etc - i thought they made quite a good case for it really [/mental health geek]

agreed, they brought her in with a link but didn't try to push it :)

i didn't want to review til i'd seen it properly instead of on a dodgy link...

anyway, over all i really liked it. stuff that stood out was:

good:

mac's exchanges with carver - i love when mac gets a verbal sparring partner. i know a lot of people like him as action mac but i think i probably prefer smart, headbutting but witty mac. especially when he said "this time they were smart enough not to send me any paper" and "you can tell them i didn't utter the word sniper" - you tell him! i also liked when he said "me too" to the reporter - gotta love mac ripping up the rules (literally in this case).

lindsay and jo interacting a lot and not being too sickly, i quite like their dynamic!

nice to see DL split up a bit

mac's scenes with the girl next door - as someone else said it wasn't too heavy handed and worked really well. and oh god, when he rescued her from the cupboard i was like :adore::adore::adore: *melts*

other stuff that stood out, maybe less good:

forearm hair? seriously?!

ny alert system? really? and omgscary!!!:eek::eek:

also, why did they pick up on the brother so fast: they said that any maternal relative could share mito dna (which is true), so why not the mother? i mean, ok, it's unlikely i guess, but there was no mention of her being dead so why did they automatically assume the son? they could at least have made an effort to rule out the mother.

we never found out why he shot those people specifically. i am assuming they were just random people that caught his eye, but they never really cleared that up.

hawkes is bothering me more and more, he seems so preachy these days, even when he's just doing routine work.

other random observations:

video tape: old skool :D

jo giving sid the glasses was a lovely touch - i kinda like them establishing her as a mother figure, which i don't think stella ever really was, she was more like a kick ass big sister.

oh yeah and when mac was waffling about nature combined with nurture i was yelling at the screen "it's called epigenetics, duh!" - haha sometimes neurolinguistics classes are useful :D

another thing i liked was that we got sub-teams again - lindsay and jo went off to do one thing, hawkes and danny elsewhere, it was reminiscent of early episodes, even though it wasn't 2 cases, in that we got to see little mini-dynamics instead of them all working together.

i liked it overall, so it's an A-

15. Country233

The emo guy reminded very much of an ex-friend of mine, who was manic or something. He would get the wild eyes and have quiet rages. The whole time the emo perp was on the screen I thought, "Wow glad Jordon is out of the picture now."

I think it was a good way to create a motive, but I really felt bad for his brother, victimized twice. It is a cruel world in CSI land.