Wallace/Hodges: Full Experience #3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, May 10, 2007.

1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

thnx for posting... (he is cute indeed...:cool:) looking forward to see this episode in full screen (considering the fact we are now at 10x19... it's gonna be a few more months however :shifty:)

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Thanks for sharing Raynn. Much appreciated :)

I thought Wally did a terrific job in last nights episode. As a friend commented to me on, and I also thought, "of course Wally was perfect for that story seeing he was/is also part of the Dino ride at Disney World."

Perhaps tptb noted that and decided to let Hodges have his moment with the dinosaurs in 'Cold Blooded' given the circumstances.

4. missyb

missyb Victim

There are some very interesting points raised. I have just watched Pool Shark and I'll agree, the scene with Hodges and Henry did shock me - I guess I've always felt Hodges has a temper (less of aggressive side, more of just the ability to snap) but I really wouldn't and couldn't see him dunking Henry under the water for a prolonged period of time.

Taking into account what had happened during the day and what Henry was saying to Hodges, I can understand why he would snap, but I guess for the sake of the storyline it was apt for Henry to go underwater to find the syringe. I am still unconvinced Hodges would do something like that, though.

As for Hodges being in the field - I think, yes, he has more experience than the writers/storylines are letting on. I wonder whether it is because he has supported Wendy in her quest to get out of the lab and into the field, and whether due to this he has opted to take on responsibility outside of the lab. I don't see Hodges as a "field mouse", I think he prefers the clinical side of things and I still think he is a bit phased by the kind of scenes he is met with out of his comfort zone.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Great caps, Raynn! :lol:

I like that Ray tonight at least said, "You wanted to get into the field more" to at least address the issue with the fans.

And I think he wanted to get out there to get out of the lab where he would be constantly reminded of Wendy. It was a nice followup to have that explored last night. Maybe now he really can move on.

7. DJRideout

There don't seem to be many on this board anymore, that are huge fans of Hodges... and I am not about to sit here and talk to myself. :lol: That would just be silly.

But thank you so very much for nabbing and sharing some snaps of Hodges from last nights episode. I greatly appreciate it.

And you are right Smokey...at least there was some explanation as to Hodges being out in the field. And while it seemed to be just him, he was reporting back to Ray so it wasn't like he just decided to go play CSI.

I can totally understand his attempts to venture out into the field. It obviously serves as a distraction. Like you said Smokey, from being stuck in the lab and being constantly reminded of Wendy....and why not? He seems to be quite capable of doing the work. While he may have originally insinuated that he much preferred the lab over the field...minds and opinions can and often change. And with Wendy now gone, who and what is really going to challenge him in the lab?

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I don't think I'm a "huge" fan of Hodges, but I definitely like the character. Especially this season, getting to see him dealing with losing Wendy, and seeing other sides of his personality in the field (I loved him in Cold Blooded).

There's certainly been sufficient (for me at least) explanation of why he's in the field. I wonder if we'll see continued development from the end of this episode - saying he's "done with the open road" - is that progress in moving on, or only about the motorcycle.

I was glad to see another CSI and a detective involved in the case, not just Hodges running some unofficial side investigation on his own.

9. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

just letting know you're not the only one..;) Hodges is still the reason I am more interested in CSI....

And I would like to post more in this and other threads... but...

I know the following can be interpreted as a lame reason, but considering the fact I am a person who is dedicated to writing and needs nuance and the right words to express an opinion.. it is very frustrating to realize that my knowledge of the english language is limited as I want to write down the right words.. the right sequence of words.. to express exactly what I think and what I want to say... and I don't have the feeling I am (completely) when I am writing in english...

And it's absolutely me, for I know (as far as I can see) that the people here on talk csi are definitely not bother if someone from abroad is not using the correct grammar or otherwise... I know..
    In a way this board is very instructive.. I am forced to look for the right words and verbs.. I learn every time when I'm posting a longer post..
    Still it's a long way there... (again in my opinion)

If english was my mother language and if I could express my opinions in the same way I can as in Dutch I would post a lot more... (maybe it's a good thing then ;))

okay... the above is something I have wanted to write for a long time..
    I apologize for using this thread... It won't happen again

on topic:

Great pictures...especially the fourth :cool:

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm a fan too, his character is astonshing and remarkable, and sometimes bizarre. He's funny, quirky [can't figure him out character]. Smart in his lab, but sometimes, most always clueless on other areas . Mostly in ths social skills dept. What would we do without Hodges, and he's so nosy with everyone. I think Wendy brought him to a level of happiness which he'd never before experienced. It's sad that she's gone, Hodges was a warmer nicer person with her presence:thumbsup:

11. DJRideout

I knew I could count on you PalmTree. Just I haven't seen you around for some time so I wasn't sure what your status was with the board.

Now I am not going to discuss the relationship between Wendy and Hodges in this particular thread, but I do have to say that because of her, and her interactions with Hodges over the past several seasons, we have witnessed some decent character development with the trace tech. Perhaps some are not in favor of it, but it's nice to see that it's not only the CSI's that we've seen mature of the years.

I mean, I do sometimes miss the arrogant sarcasm that only Hodges can dish out. Or the completely off the wall personality/situations that make you mutter "wtf?". It's what makes him...well, him! But it's also nice to see that he too is human, and he too has feelings and can be hurt.

In my personal opinion, removing him from the show at this point, would leave a void in it. Sure it wouldn't be like removing Marg or George, where the possibility of the future of the show would be in jeopardy, but it wouldn't be quite the same. But like I said, that is just my opinion.

12. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I agree he's earned his place as one of the major characters in the show. Even at his most snarky he was somewhat endearing. I hope that he sticks around for a long time and that his actions at the end of the last episode aren't a foreshadowing of anything negative.

13. Desertwind

What's also noticeable is the way Ray treats him vs Grissom, who he adored and worshiped, but didn't receive any thing back. Grissom was snarky and insulting and put him down almost all the time. Once when poor Hodges was in his office [don't remember ep] Grissom goes 'Close the door' and Hodges all thrilled thought he meant there, and Grissom goes "From the other side":( and another time whne Hodges wanted to talk Grissom goes If you want to talk" Hodges goes 'Yeah boss" :eek:Grissom goes "We've got a psychologist here on Wed. and Fri", shot down again. One time Hodges was so thrilled when he connected the bleach factor in the 'serial killer case' Grissom goes "Good job Hodges", but still basically told him to get out of his office "if you don't mind", Grissom said. But, he was so happy on the compliment & was over the moon, and even did a little jig out in the hallway And when Grissom announced he was leaving Hodges pulled his 'ignore' act. and wouldn't even wish him luck. Ray treats him as an equal, and even went to the dinosaur exhibit with him. And in last Thurs. "Man Up" helped him out with the screwed up motorbike, amonst other things. He doesn't seem to judge him and is 'nice' to him. I love the Langston character, so it's cool that he treats everyone on the team with respect, including Hodges:bolian:

14. Desertwind

I thought this was a great cap. of Hodges and two of his co-workers:thumbsup:

RAY..NICK..HODGES

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well I am here too:)

But as we are not on the same shows as you we - for one - haven´t lost Liz yet and so it is hard to join in or post when I am still laughing from some good Wendy/Hogdes scenes and you are all debating a post Wendy Hogdes.

But I would like to support - in this tread too:lol:- that LV was a special show that found it´s niche in the sum of producel shows by being "odd". Grissom in particular was different. The science guy that save the day. Langston is doing a great job but he is not odd or speciale like Griss. So Hogdes IMO is still the type of edge character that show needs to stay special. Cath and Nick and.....are all doing a great job and are great characters but that is not odd or twisted as such. I hope it makes sense