UNDERCOVERS

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Another new series that debuted last night at 8:00 on NBC. I watched it today and it was OK, not thrilling a bit too over-the-top with things and happenings that didn't add up. The stars Boris Kodjoe [Madea's Family Reunion] was good and very handsome but not fantastic. The gal Guga Mbatha-Raw I've never heard of her, she was also good but not great. The one who stood out was seasoned veteran actor Gerald McRaney, the boss of sorts. They run around all over the world kinda of magical but not realistic, hunting for this operative who works with them and doing things that didn't make senese to me. I will give another chance to see it it improves. This might be just the gem that action and fan-fiction fans would like, but not really my type of scenerio~

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/undercovers/EP01264338

It came in #2 at the time slot it was featured in, with 8.7 million viewers~

2. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I thought it was just OK too. Like Alias-lite :lol:

3. Desertwind

A scientist is abducted and her captors plan to force her to make a bomb to be used in an attack

TV Guide..Sept. 27-Oct. 3~

4. Desertwind

OK this is it for me, I've got a great imagination , but this is absurd. Too many loose ends that don't add up. This couple run a catering business, but leave it at the drop of a hat, to run all over the world, leaving an assistant to run this business:wtf: from Caracas, to Stockholm to Pakistan, hunting down some terrorists.. It never shows how they got their, or why and it's a mish-mash of stupidities, that make no sense. At one time they're in Stockhom for a Global warming conference. They have their evening clothes all stuffed in a suitcase, but miraculously when they pull them out including a tux and a cocktail dress, there's absoutley no wrinkles, and they dress in a underground garage. She's got her hair in a pony tail, and takes it down and she's got a fabulous flowing hair-do, with no combing and her make-up is exquisite, and she's been running around all day:rolleyes:And the couple Boris and who-ever have zero chemistry it's forced and scripted to me. It never really explains what the H their doing..Boris Kodjoe is darling but no so hot in the acting dept. I do like Gerald McRaney, but he's too good fo this dumb show. I don't see it making it:(

5. hammer

hammer Dead on Arrival

it is good...
    I like it very much..

6. Desertwind

I do enjoy this show, but so many twists and turns without explanation. Their after this mercenary over in Ireland but why? If this was better explained, I'd more be in tune with this show. Very vague and murky:confused: I don't see it even in the top 25 in the ratings, so we'll see on this one~

7. Desertwind

Locating a physicist's child finds Stephen and Samantha in North Korea going up against another pair of spies

TV Guide.. Oct. 18-24~

8. Desertwind

The Blooms track a painting that's hiding a formula for a biological weapon

TV Guide.. Issue Oct .25-31~

9. Desertwind

This starts with a tour bus in the outback of Australia, and a guy testing a poision and he's got on a mask, he escapes and they all die:(

McRaney comes to Steve and Olivia and has another job for them in Tuscanny She will pretend to be an old friend CIA's member's wife. thus the title "Undercovers". The have to find a painting with the formula of the poison for a possible terrorist attack. I did write the whold drama down but to cut to the chase it was one of them a girl named Tessa who had the painting and split to Hong Kong where they found her. The kinda of off the wall part of this show, The fly all over the planet, but it never shows them on a plane also they've always got a great wardrobe, from causual clothes to dress up clothing and it's always pressed and ready to go. But never shows the luggage. They take down the girl and are back home reminicing how they met. how he knew Clive and saw her, joined up to meet her and pursed her and now their married. last scene a fireplace and then well, you figure it out~

10. Desertwind

"UNDERCOVERS AT MISSION INN AIRS

Riverside, CA..The Mission Inn stands for Lima, Peru in this week's episode of NBC's "Undercovers" The freshman spy series filmed on location in and around the historical site during the first week of September. Neither the hotel nor the production company would comment. The episode of the spy series titled "Assassin" features such sites as the Misson Inn's St. Francis of Assisi chapel, the courtyard and the circular staircase in the rotunda, judging from promotional photos and video. "Undercovers" is about a married couple [Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw] who run a Los Angeles catering company but were once "the best spies the CIA had ever known", and who get drawn back into the life.~
    In "Assassin" they are "tasked with foiling an assassination plot in South America"

PE.com~

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

So long Undercovers. We hardly knew ya!

12. Desertwind

A shame but I think I saw this coming, to many twists and turns that didn't make sense or add up, other than Boris Kodjoe and Gerald McRaney [they were good] the stories were a bit off the wall:(

13. whocares

whocares Victim

The leaders were gorgeous & great, but the story never hooked the viewers from the start, imo. It could have been much better. A shame, really.

14. Desertwind

NOT ALL SPIES ARE CREATED EQUAL

Here's the thing about formula TV: When the elements fail to gel, what should be breezy escapism becomes too painful to behold. In a lackluster fall, NBC's Undercovers ranks amonst the biggest disappointments. At first, this glossy spy caper with a J.J Abrams pedigree looked like a bigger-budget version of a USA Network-style lark. But that comparsion is an insult to the USA model. What went wrong with Undercovers? Lets start with the lack of romantic tension..or tension of any sort. Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw are both gorgeous as Steven and Samantha Bloom, lapsed spies reinstated to perform globe-trotting but generic missions. Too bad their domestic bickering lacked sparks, ditto their suspense-free assignments. Except for Gerald McRaney as their ammusingly disdainful boss, there's no bite to any of it. The supporting cast is a drag:an obsequious toadie who hero-worshipes Steven, an annoyingly cocky agent who once dated Sam, and Sams dithery sister, who tends to the catering business, in a state and unconvincing cover. Undercovers should think about jetting to Miami for some pointers, but I fear it's too late~

Matt Roush..Tv Guide~