"Bump and Grind" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Nov 1, 2010.

1. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Great episode. The case was interesting and the character moments were brilliant :D

Loved the continuity from the first ep for Nick/Cath, both scenes were good and Nick's line was very funny :lol:

I think Greg has reluctantly taken Hodges under his wing a bit and Hodges has grabbed on full force, which Greg didn't expect. But I like this new angle, it shows a realistic progression in their relationship that doesn't dampen how they used to act. They'll probably go back to snarkiness soon.

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

This episode was pretty good in my opinion. Got a little lost at the end with all the Lamontes running around but I was able to keep up.

Good points:
    -Sara taking a shower. Who told TPTB about one of my secret fantasies...I couldn't help thinking the whole episode if she smelled like lemons/decomp.

-Catherine does seem to have a glow like Dr.Rob said. It seems like she's content. Her clothes even seemed more relaxed. This makes it so hard though because I can't help thinking she's going to be gone in a couple more months.

-Nick...*sigh* poor Nicky. Nick needs to at least talk to someone about how he's feeling. It could even be Sara for all I care. You can't hold those traumatic experiences inside.

-The writers are finally figuring out how to write Langston into an episode without just planting an obvious character moment in an episode like season 9/10. Instead of being the focus his issues are becoming a sidestory to the main cases going on in the lab. I liked that a lot.

-I'm glad to see Greg is reminding me of that old Greg that was just the funny lab tech. It's good to see that Greggo charm back. I couldn't stop laughing at his calling about the weird charges on his card.:lol:

-Hodges needs a hug. Just a big old group hug to feel better about himself. Nothing makes me feel better after a break up besides a big ol' fashioned huggle.:)

-Welcome back, Brass. Where have you been? It's a been awhile since I've seen him be so...in charge of an interrogation. Even though when he was pulling over the woman who was the guilty party I couldn't help thinking, "God, he is really getting too old to be doing this cops and robbers routine."

-Just when I think that demon is gone for good it comes back to haunt me. The crime scene score board....:scream:. Why is it still there? They don't use it anymore. At least they took down Warrick's name but still...TPTB, why are you doing this to me?? You know I notice these kind of small details.:(

-Great special effects on this episode also especially during the autospy scene with Cath and Dr.Rob. Thanks special effects department for not half-assing your jobs.:lol:

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I disagree with that. I think the last two seasons have brought the show back to its old glory and focused on cases and the CSI team. Seasons 6-9 became all about the "CSI in peril" ever since "Grave Danger", where Nick was rescued from certain death. During those seasons, Cath was drugged, Lindsey abducted, Greg attacked & ended up killing someone, Sara abducted & left for dead, Warrick died, Grissom got burned out, the CSI lab had a shootout, Brass killed a fellow officer, Brass shot by a suspect, Ray & Riley held hostage, Keppler arrives & gets killed, ... I know I've missed a bunch of things. But anyway, those seasons were all about the CSIs in some kind of peril and we lost focus of what this show had been about for the first 5 seasons.

We still get the over-used serial killer storylines these days, but I think the changes in the past couple seasons (Warrick's death, Grissom leaving, etc) have turned the focus (FINALLY) back to how this show started out - the cases, the evidence, the team working together to solve those cases. Yes, it seems that the CSIs still draw their guns way more than is logically necessary, considering there should be detectives & uniform cops at all the scenes, but I don't see the writers changing that anytime soon.

last night's episode was about finding human body parts in a pile of trash, and we saw how our team of CSIs sorted through evidence and clues to find out the whole story. THAT'S what this show used to be about. I'm glad that it's begun to turn back that way.

4. electra

electra Pathologist

I LOVED yesterday episode.It was dark but with so many team moments with all these characters that I like so much.Brass,Catherine and Nick have always been my favorites so I am always happy when they have good material.But I liked how they have given Greg back his quirky personality and at the same time showing us how much he has grown as a CSI .Sara is the same compassionate and tough character that I liked so much pre - GSR.And Ray is getting better too.He works well with Doc,Sara and Nick.If we add a strong case ,is no wonder this is one of my favorite seasons.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh okay. Yeah, I agree then. I liked him at first, but enough is enough lol.

I completely agree. I think there was really only one episode so far this season that I found a little boring and I cannot recall what that episode was lol. I think this is by far shaping up to be one of the best seasons in a long time just based on how well they are balancing out character screen time alone. Perhaps I'm just easy to please as long as my favorites get plenty of screen time lol. I would like to see Mandy and Bobby again though.

I didn't know what a yurt was, so I looked it up and apparently its some kind of tent-like structure. But one of those and some snacks was that much money? Wow!

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Let me go out on a limb here. "Pool Shark"?? :lol: That's the one for me that I think wasn't quite up there with the rest of the season.

As for this one and Haskell...he has sooooooo run his course. If he's going to bother Ray all season and then end up being ANOTHER season finale story, that's just...just... :scream::scream:

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Geez that trash heap looked like all the junk the woman had in "House Of Hoarders":eek:Idenity theft on the highest level:scream:

What I enjoyed the most in this episode was the team camraderie..so tight working together on this disturbing case. Nick looked cute in the head-hat Greg too. There they were working and going through this shredded crap. [How'd ya' like to work there?]. The paper, plastic or, metal or yuck Sara got yuck, pretty disgusting and sickening, with pieces of a credit card amonst the mix. Doc and Cath going over the chopped up corpse, putting the skull together and the Vartann mention. If she's so involved and smitten with him why does she refuse to discuss it, even with her 11 yr. old buddy Doc:confused:

Ray getting that creepy note from freak-show Haskell with the kidney bean inside. Ray sure does have beautiful lips so sensual and pouty, and those big hunky arms:p Sara entering and asking him "Are you allright" he answers "I'm fine", she cares about him and maybe is making up to him for the rude behavior in last week's ep. she asked him twice if he was OK. and said how "she smelled " Ray says "You dont want an answer to that":(

Hodges telling Nick and Greg what he found Clam Chowder with pieces of a credit card in the mix:angryrazz:

Larry LaMotte & many other people using that name..and poor Greg had signed up with this bogus company, how Nick found this humorous. Brass and Langston funny as always. and the mention about Hodges haircut.

Ray and Sara sharing their theories and ideas, great chemistry between them so then my tape bit the dust:klingon:.. and the rest is from memory. So it was the abused secretary who did the dirty deed~

The last scene with Sara sharing her "pearls of wisdom" to Ray "Don't let him get into your head" amonst other splendid pep-talk ideas, which was great and I think made him feel better~

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  8. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

Yesterdays episode was great. I love the scenes between Ray and Sara. They have more in common then they know.I fell sorry for Greg :( I.D theft is never fun, but he should know better then to trust those ads on the internet. They lead to nothing but trouble.

All in all a good episode :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Smokey, I'm not sure if it was Pool Shark that kind of bored me or not. I can't remember lol.

ROTFLMAO! It kind of did, didn't it? lol.

I agree completely, DW. It was really great to see. I still want to see a few more scenes between Greg and Ray though lol.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

First off...I would have to agree with most everyone here. The episode was pretty decent. Again, the writers and tptb are finally doing something right this season. The screentime for all the cast was nicely dispersed. Each character had their moment which really added to the episode.

I am not sure who mentioned it, and perhaps several have, but for a show and a franchise that is not known for the continuity factor, they sure as heck did a 180 degree turn and are really a great job with it. Don't know if it's the fact there are some new faces in the writers room, but whatever it is, it's making this CSI fan happy.

Okay okay, I too would have to apologize in saying that I found the kidney bean amusing. And even though this little angle is getting a little old and overplayed, I do like the twisted mind of Haskell. But when I first saw the address, I also thought of Ray's "wife." Not that I am looking forward to that particular storyline, but she is who I thought of first before Haskell.

I am wondering if this whole Nick giving up on the shrink is some sort of foreshadowing...and Catherine's growing concern over Nick

And of course, enjoyed Hodges and his random blurts of awkward moments once again. Funny it usually seems to happen around Greg.

:lol: You should always play nice with me PC. Mutual antagonists..heehee, that is what I love about Greg and Hodges. And it's usually done in a sarcastic yet fun sorta way. And if they are gonna become "buddies" then they better not change that aspect of their personalities toward one another. But I think the possibility of a friendship is great.

Which leads me to....
    Its kinda looking like there are hints of that friendship, Diz. Imagine that! :lol:

Episode overall? 9/10 ...I'm impressed!

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

Thank you, and amen!:thumbsup:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On creep-show Haskell and sending the note and included the kidney bean. Lets say someone stabbed you and you lost a body part your kidney, had to use a cane..and the one who did this sent you a reminder of that horrific act. Would you laugh or get angry?:klingon: I totally related to his anger. This guy is a psycho from the crazy ward, and Ray is trying to get over this, but he still gets a constant "I know where you are" message. I think his mail should be censored and filtered and they shouldn't let him receive any correspondence from this snake:mad:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I think my feelings about Haskell now are more along the lines of "if they're going to force him down my throat two seasons after he stopped being interesting, then yes, I'm going to root for his twisted little mind." I really appreciated the way that he got his lunch back in Shock Waves, after Brass was so petty and moved it away (more than the kidney bean thing).

I would definitely prefer that we just never hear from him again, because he's locked up in jail.

14. whocares

whocares Victim

Everyone who I watched with found it extremely funny instead of anger-inducing LOL. And Sara's "You dropped your bean" topped off the whole thing PERFECTLY! :guffaw:

15. kidbizkit

kidbizkit Civilian

The "crime solved board" shows nick way ahead of catherine and joe... does it mean that he may take the supervisor position when catherine leaves (if grissom dont come back)?

and who is that "joe"?