Private Practice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 21, 2007.

1. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I'm gonna say the complete opposite :D

Addisson/Sam, I thought the little moment was cute. And I think they both realised that something was off, cfr. the giggling at the end.

And I love the character of Charlotte. Private Practice always seems a little too er.. fuzzy sweet to me (despite of the major dramas every week). Charlotte brings an edge to the practice. She's obviously been hurt bad in the past, and built up a wall around her. She takes no sentimental crap from anyone, and definitely not from Violet. She's also a very proud character, so owning up to something that failed (even if it's not her fault) is hard for her.

Speaking of Violet. I'm still not warming up to her. Charlotte was right that she wasn't supposed to meddle in her patient's private life. Especially when the patient wasn't even hers to begin with.

I do agree about Kate Walsh though. The scene where the woman died and Addison couldn't take it anymore, was really powerful.

2. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Okay here we go.

Lets start with things I hated. Hate Saddison. Hate,hate,hate it! It's wrong in so many ways. Hated how story ended. Pure horror movie material . I was traumatized. I couldn't even eat that night.

Okay things I loved.

Charlotte King steals the show! I love her to bits!
    And Kate Walsh should get Emmy for acting in this episode.
    That's all!

Ok actually the woman who played Dawn , is Det.Daniels in The Closer, made me scream and grin! :D

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Finally, I have been able to watch the last two episodes :thumbsup:
    I have never liked Violet too much, but in the last episodes of the previous episodes I really thought I was finally going to enjoy her. Well I was wrong...she seems completely off lately. Ok she was attacked and she's dealing with lots of problems both with the baby and Pete (and Sheldon...never forget him LOL), but, to me, she came back to work too early and I think the episode when she wanted to erease her patient's memory kind of prove it....was that 3x06, right? 'Cause I watched lots of episodes all together LOL

And I still can't stand her when she keeps look for a reason to argu with Charlotte or, better say, when she keeps looking for another imperfection of the girl so that she can throw it on her face. I may love Charlotte way too much but, to me, it looks like Violet always tends to exaggerate whenever it's time to find anything negative in that girl. Surely, she's not the best woman of the world and I understand her will to protect her best friend (Cooper), but oh boy can't she leave Charlotte a little bit of her own space?

As for Charlotte I am loving more and more. She's a special character for the show. She still seems to be a little bit an outsider of the practice, but hey it happens and I kind of loved her on 3x06 when kept complaining she had no patients....I thought that was cute. As well as when she kept saying to Williams that she had lots of work to do. I thought it was kind of cute for a character like her to show all her weaknesses.
    I also find myself loving this new plotline (the previous marriage one) for the girl, though I truely hope this is not gonna ruin her fantastic relationship 'cause these two are tooooo cute to break up :adore:

Watching 3x07 I was shocked when I heard Sam's quetions to Addison. I don't know why, but even if I'm against relationships between best friends also on TV show, I've thought this couple as a cute one and I've always been curious to see the two of them together. Well I'm glad they did so that they proved me I was completely wrong. They're prefect for eachothers in my mind, not on the screen LOL. Please spare me with Addison & Sam.....they're cute...Sam is cute and I kind of love the idea that also the two of them felt this was completely awkward....so I would be more than glad to know that this was their "opportunity" and they decided not to explore it anymore.

As for the last episode, I thought Addison was gonna freak out immediatly....right when she found herself trapped in the car. Though, it was kind of cool the fact she couldn't take it anymore only once the patient died. Kudo to Kate Walsh for the whole episode, especially when Addison was trapped in the car as I really thought she was freaking out when Sam kept saying that the car was blocked by the rock.

Now I can't wait to see Addison's interaction with her father and her mother.....and oh well her reaction once she finds that her father slept with V*** LOL

Oh....since I haven't been able to watch all the episodes....what happened to Dell??? Where did he go? What about his daugher and her mother? :shifty:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I know this is a double post, but I just watched part of 3x10 - "Blowups" & wow this is another cool episode :thumbsup:

I must admit I chuckled a bit when Addison found her mother & Susan together, but poor Addison.....certainly her family is another disfunctional family of TV. I just wanted to hug her especially in the elevator scene with Sheldon.

"you're short" :lol: Sheldon is just too cute. I don't know why, but I really enjoy this guy...he seems so realistic.

"Why am I here?" Addison as Sheldon's patient...I don't know, I find it cute as well

Certainly, seeing Stephen Collins & Catherin Hicks playing right the opposite characters than the ones they used to play for years....well thi is nice LOL

As for the other chracters all I have to say is poor Dell :(

One last final though: oh oh they're going on with Sam & Addison? Though, I must admit it was much less awkward :shifty:

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

It isn't considered double posting once the 24 hours period is over, because you can't edit your reply anymore :)

Loved the double episode. Sheldon and Addison in the elevator. Sheldon tells Addie she looks short without heels. He's like 5'3" and she's like 5"10' but he finds her SHORT. Mmmmkay... One more quote that I'd like to add to the Addison and Sheldon scenes: "You suck as a therapist." There are some really funny quotes, but the episode was really deep and intense.
    It was quite interesting to watch the transformation of Eric Camden to the Captain... (talking about the roles of Stephen Collins, jsyk). Did you guys realize that Addison called him daddy? It was so cute I just wanted to hug her.
    "Nothing compared to hearing that, because it made me wonder daddy. Why is it that you can be so good to every woman in the world except Bizzy and me? Especially when we're the ones that love you the most."
    Not sure about the spelling of "Bizzy". Anyway, Addison's parents dont even have a real name :lol: at least it wasn't revealed. but Addison's full name was. Addison Adrianne Forbes Montgomery. How awesome is that? "You have more names than anybody else I know."

Violet... I know it's totally wrong, but I still like her. I don't see the point of sleeping with Addison's father to help him cheat on Bizzy (who's been cheating on him for 20 years, lol, would anybody who doesn't watch the show understand this?).

Dell totally made me cry. I didn't even know that Chris Lowell was such a great actress. The thing that happened to Heather is horrible, and I'm not the one to judge, but it was the right thing to happen. Betsy and Dell will be a great family together. Maybe they should move in with Pete and Lucas and create a "single fathers" club :D

Thank God Sam stopped Addison when things started to get hotter. I don't exactly ship them, I actually hate the idea of S/A, but I really do ship Addison with everyone, because Kate Walsh is so good at playing a horny girl, so I can't help but believe it :lol:

Anyway, if Addison ever questions her sexual identity, I want to be the first one to know :lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

LOL that was the funniest part of that scene. Loved how embarassed he was while explaining to her the reason for his statement LOL

7. SunsetBoulevard

I know right? "Don't take it as a criticism, it's a nice change..." :lol: Sheldon, whenever you open your mouth, you screw up! Anyway, I used to hate Sheldon, but I figured out he's cute in his own way... in his VERY own way, lol.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly why I'm loving him sofar, though he, along with Peter, was way immature during 3x07.

Anyway, I've finally been able to catch up with 3x02 and I have to say that Violet really scared me!!! Ok she was attacked in her own house, but her behaviour seemed way over the top especially when her friends were with her. Though, I must admit, it was sooo cute how she kept distracting people by giving them such a cute little baby....I loved how Addison was soooooooo easy to distract (I found it sooo sweet), but, at the same time, I find this kind of behaviour from Violet over the top.

Addison and Naomi....obviously, there's something awkward ever since Naomi left the practice, but I do feel that also their friendship has been deeply affected by Naomi's choices. It's bad 'cause I loved their friendship, even if Naomi has never been one of my favourites.

Charlotte/Cooper....what's wrong with Cooper? He always looks like a homeless lately, and I find him quite irritating whenever he keeps blaming himself (or,better say, Charlotte) for not being able to "save" Violet right when he was outside her door. I do enjoy both of them, but, lately I find Cooper quite annoying....hope things will improve and he'll get back to his "childish"/innocent behaviour 'cause that's the Cooper I like LOL.

I still have to figure out what happened to Dell (I've been able to watch part of the premiere & and the last 3 episodes) in the first episodes 'cause I can't seem to remember him in any of them....or did I miss something? OFC, I missed something...can someone please tell me what happened to the guy?

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ah ah I've been able to catch up also with 3x03. I'm not very fond of cross-overs as any show has its own cool aspect and I do think that mixing them with other shows is a little bit annoying, but I must say this wasn't a bad episode...at all, as well as any other cross-over with Grey's Anatomy.

Bailey has always been my favourite character from GA and in this episode she practically showed why: she's a very tough woman who has been through a lot, but once you touch her family she can be very very sensitive. Plus her interactions with Addison are fantastic. I loved how she didn't want to know anything about her "relationship" with Noah at first, but then she gave her opinion practically destroying Addison's last hope, though she practically summerized my opinion. I don't know, I found it funny and sad at the same time.

Addison, poor Addison as much as I agree with Bailey, I wanted to hug her throughout the whole episode. Everyone practically destroyed her. As always, kudo to Kate Walsh.

The other characters oh well Pete is the biological father of the baby...cool, but I somehow wished it was Sheldon. I don't know why, but both Pete and Violet are annoying me while Sheldon always seem to be the funny guy....I don't know I always want to hug him :lol:

Cooper/Charlotte...well Coop seems to be recovering, but since I've already I watched the last episodes, I already know it's just temporary....such a shame 'cause I truely loved this couple till Violet's disaster. I still thing that event destroyed this couple as he always seems to blame Charlotte (just because she called him in the wrong moment) for what happened and I still feel he will nver truely forgive her. Again, such a shame.

One last note, Sam now is a cardiothoracic surgeon? How cool and insane is that? He hasn't been practicing that profession for too many years and in the episode he opened that woman like a melon knowing exactly what to do LOL? And I thought he was a neurologist :lol:

10. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

So my thoughts on 3x12.

Writers wrote Naomi's reaction extremely badly. She's a fertility doctor for Goodness sakes. She's always been pro-life and now what she did in this episode... it's kind of hypocritical.
    And please Cooper stop your moaning it's not like Charlotte cheated on you. So sick and tired of Cooper's cry-baby attitude, not sure why that tiny issue was blown over the top.
    And Violet ...sure hope she's going to do something about Lukas now.That's been also dragged along too long.

11. SunsetBoulevard

I agree, Naomi's behaviour was totally over the edge. But I kinda understand her, even though I'm not a mother. They have all they need, they have the money, car, good school for Maya, but you never know when bad things happen. Anyway, I wouldn't call this a bad thing. Of course in some way it is, because Maya is only 15, but it's a beginning of a new life.
    Haha, I totally disagree with you on Cooper/Charlotte. I think Charlotte is the one who needs to grow up and be more emotional. Yeah, she's a powerful woman, but who cares if she's heartless?
    I'm totally fed up with Violet. "Yaaay, I'm super normal." Violet, girl, it's up to you. What happened to you is horrible, but please don't make everyone else feel like crap because you do. Go and get your life back.
    Sam/Addison. Shonda, WHY? I don't want Sam to be another fling for Addison, like Pete, Noah, Wyatt and god knows who else. The friendship they had cannot be replaced. Their relationship was unique in its own way. I just don't see them as a couple (yet), because IMHO the way they came up with it was just not right. They shouldn't have had to bring up Mark to start Sam/Addison.

12. SunsetBoulevard

*pets dusty thread*

I can't believe I'm the only one posting here :eek:
    Season 4 has been pretty good so far. Still not as good as season 2, but I really like it. As much as I didn't like Violet through season 3, I'm totally falling for her now. It's so great to see her, Pete and Lucas being a real family.
    I don't even know how I feel about Addisam. I hated the idea first, but now it's pretty okay. I still don't really see the chemistry, but their scenes are pretty well written, so it's bearable :p
    I also really like Amelia, I'm glad she's staying. She definitely has some pretty funny moments.

13. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I don't know about you but I am really looking forward to THurs episode. Charlotte has been my favorite character and I think Kadee will knock this episode and storyline out of the park. Shonda has such a good writing style and tries to stay true to the line. The previews are killing me....can not wait.

14. SunsetBoulevard

The show needed this episode. This season has been pretty dull so far, but Thursday's ep blew everyone's mind (well, at least the ones I know). I still don't really like Charlotte, but KaDee rocks. She should be given an Emmy for that performance, she's an amazing actress. I don't really read stuff about the show anymore, does anyone know how long Naomi will be gone? I miss her. I really like Nae and Addison's friendship.