Episode 9x05 - 'Sleepless in Miami' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 29, 2010.

1. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

Wow, this episode blew me away, for some reason I started shakin a bit, but thts prob cuz I was a little cold or tht the epi made me nervous. I especially like the part where the 'psychic' touched Ryan's face, tht made me laugh. At first he looked at Eric like "What the hell is she doin?" LOL. and Toms "OH, Ooh" was funny aswell, when he left you can see everyone stood there like "O....K" and did u see Calleigh when he left the room? She had her hand up and frozen in the same place, kinda like off the movies ya know when some one sez summat and then leaves the room in a rush like tome and leaves the other person wiv a look on their face while frozen in a position. LOL

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

After rewatching the episode (who wouldn't - it rocked! Way to celebrate Halloween! :rommie: ) I do have a couple of questions:

1. Why didn't they check Jason for drugs in his system? (If they did, I missed it...)

2. What was the deal at the end with Peter and Stacy - didn't it look like something "weird" was going on - I almost felt like she was trying to use some "psychic" energy to make him run into traffic. I suppose he could've done it b/c he didn't see any other way out, but b/c the whole episode was so weird, the stand-off between them kind of freaked me out.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how I found it really interesting when H and Eric were "held up" by Peter - I think it's the first time I've seen Horatio put his back against the wall and his hands up (well, sort of) when a gun was held to him - more of that, please! We don't see "helpless" Horatio enough! :)

3. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

They did. The tox panel shows only the most popular poisonous agents and usually misses out on tropical animals' venom. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Didn't he get hit in the head by a woman in one episode and she later apologised to him? Then there is Stuart Otis scratching him all the way back in season one.

This was probably the best episode to date. One thing no one mentioned was Frank's "Do I look like one of your customers?" Loved that line

Eva did an awesome job in this episode. She's been neglected the last two seasons and when they gave her an episode, she knocked it out of the park. Good interactions with everyone and wide variety of emotions.

I liked the ending. For a moment I thought something sinister was going to happen only to find that the machine messed up. Offscreen Imagined Ryan picking up all the quarters, looking left and right and making a beeline for the exit!

Overall, great episode,

Rating 4/5

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They didn't really think he was on anything I don't think. They just thought he was guilty and using the "dream" defense. They wouldn't have known to check for that seed (can't remember what it was called something with a D lol) in his system. They didn't know until Natalia was affected.

Oh yeah, that was great. Gotta love Frank!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I enjoyed this episode a lot. :D My favourite part of the episode was probably the dream sequence in the beginning and the CGI'ed burning arms when the suspect was near the incinerator. They did an awesome job with the special effects!

It was nice to see Natalia and Ryan in the forefront this time around instead of Horatio and Delko. A change of pace character-wise is always refreshing and the character development for Natalia was a long time coming. I'm just wondering if she'll eventually find out that she shot at H and Ryan anyway--why is that such a bad thing? Predictable guilt aside, she was under the influence so it's not like she could help it.

I'm loving Doctor Lowman and it's 'OH OH! *runs away*' :lol:. He rocks. There were quite a few times where I laughed out loud (especially with Horatio's "Oh boy" when he figured out the wife was banging the boyfriend on that table).

The overall story was pretty interesting too and I felt kind of bad for the 'psychic' who thought she'd actually killed her client by sucking out his energy. This was a really fun episode with some awesome darker overtones.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

The episose was pretty good!!!

I must say I pretty enjoyed the way this episode was shot, especially the dreams....they were done in a pretty good way & I sooo enjoyed capping those dreams LOL

Ryan & Natalia were amazing in this episode, though I must admit I thought Nat was going to be just a little bit smartier with her hearing aid....it was too much visible :lol:

Anyway I loved the scene with her freaking out, also loved Ryan & H agreeing not to tell anyone about her firing at them....it was sweet.

Also loved Ryan getting just a bit of luck with those coins at the vending machine!

But, the best quote must be H saying "oh boy" :guffaw::guffaw: he looked desperate :guffaw::guffaw:

For those intereste here are the first caps I made from the episode. I'm gonna upload the rest of them by the end of this week since I'm a little bit busy.

For thow who want also the caps from the credits, I'm gonna upload them in a different album ;)

8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed the way the episode was shot. It looked a lot different to me and I really liked it. :D Miami is always filmed in such weird ways, but it's always the same. Nice for it to be different.

Thank you so much for doing the caps as well, Florry. I can't find CSI: Miami caps ANYWHERE anymore! All the sites I used to go on are all taken down now. So thaaaank yoooou! :D Seriously appreciate it.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^^ The crew definitly deserves a thumbs-up for thier work on this episode -- they did a great job with the way it was shot. The intro was amazing with all the side-ways action, & all the dream sequences were nicely shot as well....looked quite real to me.

And I do believe there was just a few splitscreens if I'm not mistaken....didn't see Geni complaining about it so there must not have been very many. :lol:

A HUGE THANK YOU to those who have provided screencaps (I've missed them too!) -- it is so much appreciated. I've got 30-some caps of Eva/Natalia coming from a fan (she wishes to remain nameless) who was so kind to PM me yesterday & say she'd cap them for me....as soon as I get them I will most certainly share. :D

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

It was shot in a different way only for the dreams but I soooo enjoyed it, at least from a graphic POV :lol:

You are all welcome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Geni didn't complain because there were just a couple of splitscreen when Natalia made the guy change his clothes and it was all so fast...so she may have not noticed them :lol:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree,the dream sequences were really nice.I thought it was very appropriate that they weren't shot in "brilliant" color.

Thanks for the caps Florry.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Finally got to watch this, OMG, all for the love of money.. Eva LaRue was awesome, gawd she's gorgeous.. the whole beginning, I thought this guy had dropped some hard-core acid, but alas it was a hallucinogenic as Elena had done with Natalia.. the candle. Horatio and team was great, the end with the boyfriend Peter was the bad guy. well done and surprises galore:bolian:

13. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

The guy's eyes (or lack thereof) in Natalia's dream bugged me. Really weird!

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was too busy watching all that chocolate I ate go to my thighs. :p

Thanks for the caps, Florry! They're really appreciated.

I thought it was neat that both the victim and Natalia's ex had their eyes covered and it really seemed to emphasize the dream state. I'm not sure if it was meant to be regarded as some sort of deep symbolism but interesting nonetheless.

15. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

This was a fantastic episode! Probably, one of the best I've ever seen.
    The story was really interesting and exciting from beginning to end. Everyone was absolutely amazing in this episode, especially Natalia and Ryan, and I really liked the team interaction