The Event

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I've liked this new show since the first episode. It gets better and better, and so intriguing. THis week's had Jason getting away from his captors, due to an car accident. He saved the FBI agent, and escaped only to be captured later. Martinez [Blair Underwood] so handsome and so good in this role, is so frustrated by not being able to fnd out what the H going on. Sophia is a twisted and freaky leader of some kind of cult, which as of yet to be revealed. Jason's girlfriend is being help captive,[she killed a police officer] and we don't really know why yet, but her captor a girl is so vicious and so mean, and smacks her around. But she knows he'll come and find her. All the people who were supposedly killed in the air plane crash miraculously are all alive. It keeps your interest throughout. :bolian:

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Hmmm... I really think they need to ditch the flashbacks entirely. They've cut them back, but the ones they still show just slow things down, and the action isn't good enough to have interuptions like that. At least not at this point. I'm still waiting for it to get a little more exciting and a little less predictable. I'll give it a few more episodes.

3. Desertwind

What a great mysterious new show, so complicated, and love the flashbacks showing where these two were back when and letting the viewers know how strong their relationship is. Plus the factor it's interesting~

So on the beginning Pres. Martinez has discovered a conspiracy that goes back a decade Shaun searching for his girlfriend Vicki is holding her [Lala] captive. Sophia remains silent. 200 supposdly dead people are really alive and all taken to the hospital~

Shaun escapes the gunfire with a FBI agent and their on the hunt for Lala. A agent follows them and gets shot goes off the road.~

Going back 5 years whows them together with her family and so happy.. Then cuts to the kidnapped victim, who their going to kill:confused:

The assassination attempt on Martinez..why?

It shows him [Blair Underwood] breathaking handsome:p and he gets a call who says to release Sophia he says NO~complex:confused:

Shaun tracks Lala to Texas, then it goes back to happier times~they find out where she is the mom of the kidnapper Vicki gives her the #~

All the "dead people" in the hospital having nose bleeds:wtf:

Lala cuts off her ties with a broken piece of glass, Vicki comes down to the cellar, she whacks her and runs, finds a police officer, and he takes her to the station. She calls Shaun [leaves message] and OMG the police contact the snaky kidnappers. Are they in on this too? So we [the viewers] don't know jack about anything..yet..A mish mash of mystery.. Very intriguing show:bolian:

4. Desertwind

Negotiations with Thomas continue while the CDC works to ID the biological agent and treat the infected persons

TV Guide.. Oct. 18-24~

5. Desertwind

First congratulations I just heard on the news, that this series got picked up for another season[​IMG]

Last nights, and this show is so complicated that don't leave the room while it's on on you'll miss an important part:confused:

Thomas calls Pres. Martinez and demands to let Sofia go or the detainees will die..offers an anti-dote.. he says "NO"~

It shows all the detainess with bloody noses and one runs amok..

Goes back to 1944 and an old WW2 barrack~

Pres. won't release Sofia. [Damn Blair Underwood is handsome]:drool:

Shows Shaun looking for Lela, she calls him from the police station but their monitoring the call The reason they go back in time, is the wanted her dad to pay a ransom.. She tries to escape going into the bathroom but they catch her and out her in a file cabinet room and lock the door~

Pres wife tries to talks him into releasing Sofia so the people won't have to die. He still says "NO":( Thomas says to let her go cause he can do what happened to them in cities all around the world~Now here's where it gets weird and I don't understand this at all goes back again to 1944 these peope still look the same:rolleyes:it seems this was a plan in the working along time ago~

Shaun find out where Lela is but he's headed for a trap.. He sends Vicki a snapshot of her son on his iPhone and says he'll let this go viral if she doesn't let Lela go. OMG a shootout and she shoots everyone in the jail. They escape..

Pres. Martinez makes a deal to let Sofia go in exchange for the anti-dote..

To be continued~

This show is electrifying and so exciting and always something different.. no wonder they renewed it.. great riveting series~

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I think I've pretty much given up on this show. The plotline has been going WAY too slowly. It's become the same thing every episode: Sofia talking to the President, Sean trying to find his girlfriend, the girlfriend trying to escape from her captors, etc. They need to change things up & move on because it's becoming stale.

The preview for next week's episode looks a little better, as it seems Sophia is loose & on the move. However, I really don't think I can watch anymore - no matter how much I love Laura Innes.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, it's hanging on by a thread for me too... as in there's currently nothing better to watch at that time on Monday nights! :lol:

The storylines are just a little bit too familiar and the dialogue is pretty "uneventful"... pun intended! :lol: However, until I just am too bored to watch (or something better comes on at that time) I'll probably keep watching for a while I guess.

8. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

We've only had the first two episodes in Britain, but it's really intrigued me so far. The plot moves along kind of slow, but I don't really mind it, and I eventually got used to it going back and forward with the flashbacks.

The truth is the only reason I was going to watch it was because it had Dave Benton from Miami :lol: but when he went away I realised I actually quite like the show, it's a nice follow up to the Mentalist on an otherwise boring Friday night.

And I am totally digging Ian Anthony Dale as one of the leads. When he first showed up on Vegas and Miami I was hoping I'd get to see more of his work; that man is nice :drool::lol:

I'm just trying not to get too emotionally invested in it; I made that mistake with Flashforward and now I'm left sending scathing demands to tptb to uncancel it. Yeah, I have no life :p

9. Desertwind

Martinez and Sterling suspect a mole is in their midst:Sean searchers for answers at Leila's home

Tv Guide issue Oct. 25-31~

10. Desertwind

WOW:eek: this is really getting suspensful more and more~

Pres. Martinez [Blair Underwood] let Sofia go so they can track what she's up to, and lead them to Thomas~They track her and she goes right to Thomas~

It goes back to 1954, and shows a presidential team member [sorry don't know his characters name] with a girl, he looks exactly the same, Thomas says he has to come with him~

Sean and Leila together and the FBI agent interogating the kidnap suspect he won't reveal anything~

Somehow Leila's dad is deeply invlved in this . Sean tells her about the plane crash. She wants t know where her dad is and he tells her her mom is dead. She freaks out. They go the the house wher the kidnap guy is being held and she asks him "where's my sister" he dummies up and she runs amok on him~

Back to '54' Thomas tells him he has to go, he says he's in "love" and Thomas goes "How long do you thnk it'll take before they realize you never get any older":confused: HE'S THE MOLE:eek:

Sean and Leila find remanants of the sister clothing, etc. but no body. A girl bursts in wth a gun and tells them about a plane crash in 1944, how they were being held in a tight security location. and Sean goes "what did they do"? She goes "It's not what they did, but who they are" Sean: "who are they" She goes [ET's]/b] so their aliens from another planet sent to infiltrate, [not sure who]:confused:

Thomas and Sofa meet up, and they apparently are lovers from way back. and all of a sudden the whole place blows up~so fans, really at this point don't know what the hell if happening or why:confused:

TO BE CONTINUED~

11. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

We've just had the third episode in the UK. I wasn't sure about Sean at first but I think I'm warming up to him, and I quite like the female CIA agent (I think it's them, or it's the FBI, I always get them mixed up) And I LOVE Vicky; I think she's a great bad guy, so cunning and ruthless.

I would've liked a bit more of Simon, but I enjoyed the episode even if he wasn't in it a lot.

The passengers coming back alive was a nice little cliffhanger; I'll be sure to tune in next week to see how that fares out. :)

12. alenpaul

alenpaul Victim

The Event is good show i have watched some episodes. overall nice.

13. Desertwind

Martinez orders Sterling to find the mole:Sophia reinforces her control of Thomas and the other detainees

TV Guide Issue Nov. 8-14~

14. Desertwind

Here's a bio. of the star of this show Blair Underwood. He's been on "The Old Adventures Of New Christine" as a teacher and her Julia's boyfriend and his comedic side came to the surface. And in "Madeas Family Reunion" as a brute/wife beater, in "Sex In The City" plus mega other career events.. speaking of, and now in this series, a president, so he's multi-talented:bolian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_Underwood

15. Desertwind

Martinez questions Buchanan about the assassination attempt, and learns something about someone on his staff

TV Guide Issue Nov. 15-21~