Are you watching the whole trilogy?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 13, 2009.

?

Which best describes you?

1. NY fan who watches the other CSIs as well

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. CSI and/or Miami fan who checked out NY b/c of the trilogy

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. NY fan who doesn't watch one or both of the other CSIs but did b/c of the trilogy

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. NY fan who doesn't watch the other CSIs and didn't even for the trilogy

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Of the CSI shows, I watch/follow NY the most. I find it the most kinetic and it is the best balance between the science (What brought CSI to the dance) and police procedural drama (like Detroit 187, or NYPD Blue). I am a fan of the color palette and the characters.

More importantly, Bill Brown and the CSI:NY team has the best MUSICAL SCORE. It reaaallly puts you in the mood.

I watch CSI:Miami the second most. I was diehard S1-5, and I still collect the DVDs but I know it's best days are behind it. I think of all the shows switching over to digital (video) I think Miami's look suffered the most when it made the jump from film.
    Also, a minor quibble, but of all the detectives in the CSI Universe (Brass, Tripp, Flack) Tripp has the least amount of back story. For a cop show, knowing the cops can help.

CSI: "Las Vegas" is okay. I watch it here and there. I thought Grissom was "too smart for the room" and Langston is kind of vanilla. When I need a mystery fix I check it out, but I don't follow it religiously and I don't collect the DVDs...

But the original series' videogames are the best, "CSI:NY The Game" was just unplayable.

As far as the trilogy episodes. While I'm glad Las Vegas and NY were FINALLY connected, the actual story was just okay.

2. NY12

NY12 Civilian

To be quite honest, I did used to watch all three, however I did start losing interest in Miami, especially after seeing a whole new cast being introduced entirely. I think I lost interest after Speed died to be honest.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind it and like a true fan I did watch the triology, but I prefer to watch New York and Vegas over Miami. Sorry Horatio!

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

I have a question that's not really related to any existing thread, so this seems as good a place to ask it as any: Hubby and I watch "CSI: New York" occasionally, and are getting caught up in reruns. In the Vegas original, all the stars are either CSIs, coroners or lab rats.

What is the structure of the New York spin-off? So far we haven't seen Mac working in the lab very much. Is Mac a CSI, or is the hierarchy different in this show? On the Miami spin-off, it seemed like they were basically CSIs with guns (which the original has gravitated toward somewhat), and that's part of why I could never really stomach the Miami version. A little bit too comic book-y for my tastes.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

In NY, they're considered detectives.

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

In Vegas, the CSI's are scientists who investigate in the field as opposed to the other scientists who stay in the lab. In New York, the CSI's are scientists and detectives because they have extra police training. They carry weapons and are authorized to make arrests. (This of course is just on tv, I have no idea what their status is in real life.)

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

In New York City, CSIs are detectives. (I watch SVU and they call the CSIs detectives too.) The same concept is adapted on the show. Mac is the supervisor, Stella was the assistant supervisor. Flack is the homicide detective like Brass. Danny, Lindsay and Hawkes are all CSIs. Adam is the regular lab technician. Sid is the ME since Hawkes left the morgue by the end of season 1. Mac used to process evidence in earlier seasons. But now, he just waits for results.

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

Thanks for the replies! These explanations will help us understand the differences between the shows.