Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes, now the season for Greg is picking up. It seems to take them a few episodes each season to remember he is there and they need to include him in the episodes more.

Yeah Greg got separate time with all of them, which was amazing. I mean I still would actually like to see Greg and Ray work a case together without Nick or Sara around...just for a change of pace.

There is the behind the scenes video posted on the main Talk CSI page from this episode and they talk a little to Eric. Check it out.

I still say Eric is like a fine wine, getting better with age. :lol:

2. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Seriously, he actually is. I mean, he was awesome in the first couple seasons because he was so fresh and young and funny, but he was still kind of a frat boy type...now that he's matured he's actually gotten sexy in an adult kind of way. Muy hot...

3. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I couldn't agree more :drool: I thought he was cute to start with but now he's jaw droppingly (new word?? :p) gorgeous! :D

4. Dizzney

Amen to that.

And I love that his character had matured too. I get annoyed when people say they liked him better when he was a lab rat because he was funnier. Yes he was but he was not dealing with seeing actual dead bodies everyday and stuff like that. The guy was bound to mature and I still think, even if he was still in the lab he would not be as funny as he was because people do mature. Even in his later lab rat days that change was starting to be seen, so just keeping him as a lab would not have stopped that. I think is character would have gotten stale if he was still in the lab to this day.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, he so much more sexy now. If he remained in the lab I don't think Eric would be on CSI now because I think I remember him saying that in an interview.

Also there is a behind the scenes video on the latest ep House of Hoarders on Eric Szmanda web, with an interview with George, Jorja, and Eric. http://eric-szmanda.net/

6. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Yeah maturing suits him really. As a lab rat he wouldn't have a chance to develop like that. When he wanted to be a CSI, he knew that's a good chance.The guy is hot and smart!:D

Thanks for the link btw!

7. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

A lot of my friends (myself included) prefer him in his lab rat years not because he was funnier back then, but because he was much more memorable; I can quote pretty much any line he said as a lab rat, mundane or not, but nowadays tptb give him so little to work with that he fades into the background. Even in HoH when he got more screentime than usual all he did was spout a couple of jokes that I've already forgotten and provide some exposition on the case (although I did enjoy the scene when he was processing the handcuffs, for some reason :lol:).

I do like the way he looks now, but until they give him a solid storyline or character centric episode (hopefully this will happen in the ep guest starring Dita Von Teese) then people are still only going to remember him as the crazy lab rat.

Thanks for the link, it was nice of them to actually include Eric in an interview for once :shifty::p

8. Dizzney

Well I've been able to remember a lot of moments since he has been a CSI. And you got to remember, part of the reason Hodges came in during Season 3 was because they already figured out by then that Greg was going to leave the lab eventually, so they gave the funnier lines to Hodges around that time anyway.

But Greg does not have to say a funny line to be memorable to me.

I do hope he gets an episode to shine and not look stupid though...that is what worries me.:(

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that since he's become a CSI he's become completely unmemorable, there's been some great quotes of his from S5 to 8...since about Season 9 (when IMO the whole show started to go downhill) I'm having problems remembering anything Greg does besides give some filler for the episode (with the exception of eps like Appendicitement, Internal Combustion etc.)

Maybe I'm just going senile at a young age :p

Ever since Season 8 of Miami I've been prepared in case they decide to screw with the characters over here...I've been trying to forgive the writers for all the mistakes they've made, but I'm not getting my hopes up that this might be the season for Greg, it's been three years since he got his own storyline and the hope kinda died halfway through (Me, pessimistic? No...:lol:)

10. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Even when he was a labrat Greg rarely had anything particularly about him to work with. I prefer to think of it as "important contributions". Greg has had many over the years. They might not sometimes be as flashy as a headdress, but they're still there.
    Besides, the original discussion was pretty much purely about looks. I only brought up the labrat days because of how Greg used to act/dress, not necessarily what he said.

11. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I think him being more memorable as a labrat (not saying he is, just that some people consider it that way) is partly because he was recurring at first. He wasn't in as many scenes so they had to make him stand out in the scenes he was in or people wouldn't remember who he was.

12. Dizzney

And him standing out goes with how he did his hair. I remember Eric actually saying he started with the crazy hairstyles just to stand out. I guess now since he is main cast and been on for so long, he does not feel that need.

He has had many very important contributions, he just doesn't toot his own horn about it, unlike someone like Hodges would do.

I've often said he reminds me in many ways of Grissom because he often keeps quiet and just observes what's going on around him. He is not one to cause confrontation.

13. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

That and also the fact that he's 35 and not 25 anymore. =) I mean, as much as I love his crazy hair days and how he inspired so many students to study science and made the subject oh-so-much-cooler, but I'm also extremely glad he "grew up". And besides, he looks just as good as he did 11 years ago and honestly, the guy could still pass off as a college student. ;)

14. Dizzney

True, he pretty much can still pass off as younger than he is. Yeah I for one am very happy his character has matured. If he was still the way he first was I may have grown a little sick of him by now. (doubtful :) )

15. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

This week's episode was generally really good. It feels like the old CSI again somewhat. Two cases that are not related and with a rather impactful effect. Also, Greg in the last scene was touching and that's something we certainly don't see a lot.

As for Greg and the gun, TPTB decided to edit most of it out and you only can catch a glance or two at him holding it. Well, it certainly saves them the trouble of explaining. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.