"House Of Hoarders" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Not to get too off topic but, I completely agree with Desertgoblin. It is ridiculously stupid for them to have Sara back this long. I mean, honestly. Sara left the city because she couldn't be a CSI anymore. Grissom goes and chases after her. Then she COMES BACK and leaves him in the Amazon...or whatever jungle The Bug Man went to. I mean, mentioning him every episode other episode is getting ridculous. Don't put a couple together and then NEVER have them together. They could have had this be their engaged period, rather than rushing them off into marriage. Now, they just look stupid having her stay in Vegas and him in the jungle. TPTB rushed it and now they are trying to make up for it.

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Re-watching some older episodes though, I'm doubting it now. Sara's sympathy is for female victims, so her mother probably was the victim too (until she snapped and killed the guy).

In Death and the Maiden, David came in saying that Sara was working "a quadruple in Pahrump" to explain why she wasn't in that episode. I always thought that was a missed opportunity to have her in Paris. :(

I totally agree with what byline says. Sara burned out, and had to get away for a while to clear her head - but once she did, she could come back to Vegas for all the good times and good friends that she still had there. She has definitely changed, from her time away "finding herself" and then her happy marriage.

I can think of at least three couples I've known in real life that have been married and living in different cities for extended periods of time (including my own parents for a while). All of them are still happily married and have great relationships. Married couples do NOT need to spent all of their time together - and especially for a more mature couple like Grissom and Sara, who have spent most of their lives being independent, it's probably too much for them to be together all the time anyway.

I really like the "happy" Sara, and I also understand that WP doesn't want to be on the show anymore - so I'm happy with the situation as it is now. I wouldn't mind some current references to Grissom, as well as the memories we've been having so far this season, but other than that, I think things are going just fine.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank you. The thing is the fans who are responding to this are not hard-core GSR fans, and were never [to my knowledge] posting on this ship thread. Trust me If I got him I'd stick to him like gum on your shoe. And Kimbo he's supposedly in Paris.. and it was the Costa Rican jungle:lol: So what is he doing by himself night after night? alone, and her alone in their "condo" with maybe Hank [what happened to that dog?] It's tough enough to maintain a healthy relationship with two people that are together, distance doesn't make the heart grow fonder but fades into obscurity. It's plain lame and as stated prior asinine.... ....................... So back on topic and hoarding, we did see Sara in their condo and it was pretty neat. and Ray's spot a lot of clutter. Shame on you Dr. Ray:( call a cleaning lady. Cath's place was neat but her mom lives with her, so she might do the organizing. Did we see any other CSI's spot? I wonder if they'll ever have a follow up on these poor disturbed people and what happened to their spot:confused:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Sorry! As some may remember I'm not very fond of Grissom or Sara so I have no idea where he's at! I enjoyed the episode though. Conflict happens in the workplace. Everyone isn't going to agree with everything the other says. Plus, it gave it more of a family vibe to me. Like a brother/sister vibe going on, but they're mature enough to forgive each other.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

So the only people who have valid opinions on the subject are people who are hardcore GSR shippers?? :wtf: I'm sorry, but I disagree. As you've repeatedly said to others, "everyone is entitled to their opinion."

I agree that two fiercely independent people being shown as always together doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And really, with WP gone the only way to "fix" the issue would be to write out Jorja Fox and have Grissom and Sara be happily married off the show or to break them up so Sara can be in Vegas without him.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Why does it seem like you're spliting hairs to start a fight?:confused:

I am in no way a GSR fan for reasons that go off topic, but it makes no sense to have a recently married couple stay apart for so long. Yeah, it happens, but I feel like it's TPTB's way of covering their tracks for jumping the gun. Lame.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Oh man...Nevermind :)

Another thing I liked about thes episode was, as someone else has stated, showing Nick's narrowminded-ness was a different point of view than what they usually show. I'm a huge Nick fan, but this perfect gentlemen stuff is getting kind of old...

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, no one is trying to start a fight. It's okay to discuss and disagree. It's not okay to be disrespectful to posters personally. And it's generally not received well when people are told how they should or shouldn't feel about something. So let's (again!) all discuss things respectfully. Thanks! :)

9. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

I thought this was a fantastic episode I love having Sara back and hope she stays. I didn't even think about Grissom but seems to me that All that needs to be said is that Grissom is teaching researching someplace in the vicinity and no one will have to worry about Grissom geting lonely. I liked Grissom and Sara but I don't care about them being apart as long as Jorja stays and we get episodes like this.

10. agneskenya

agneskenya Victim

Jumping into this.

I really disagree here. They had been together 2 years and a bit before they got married, and they had lived together for at least one of them. So, pretty much living a married life.
    Being married does not require the couple to stay close geographically, the wedding being recent or not.
    I know married couples who actually NEVER lived together full time, simply because it works better for them. As long as people make it work, why care where they are on the planet if they manage to keep the relationship healthy?

Sara was depressed, left...Grissom chased after her, and then she got better, which is why she was able to come back (I mean, it does make sense to me anyway). Not being able to do her job as a CSI was due to a breakdown, not to a lack of faith in the job itself.
    Grissom, on the other hand, is pursuing other interests he had left out because of his job. Yes, he was in Paris, but it wasn't supposed to be for more than a year anyway.

So, to make everyone feel better, I really think that we can assume that he's around, just not being a CSI.

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with most of your assessment, but my take on it is that Sara got better before Grissom chased after her. I can't remember the episode, but didn't Sara leave him a video message saying that she was OK, and he was free to make whatever choice he needed to make, as to their relationship? That told me that she was well on her way to recovery and was comfortable enough in her own skin so as not to be so needy of him . . .which I think helped him make his own decisions about continuing to pursue a committed relationship with her.

12. agneskenya

agneskenya Victim

yes, you're right.
    She left, got better, he chased after her...

Ha! unforgivable mistake on my part...

Now to go back on topic (kinda):
    I do enjoy the Grissom references in the eps. I miss the guy, and it's a change from most shows where they explain a departure in one ep and the next ones it's almost like the character never existed.
    At least, CSI acknowledges it, and it makes Grissom be a part of the team despite him not being physically there.
    And for this specific ep, I'm glad it was there, simply because it's on those kind of issues that Grissom was the best teacher to Nick: not on science,, but on being open to differences.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, they could make a mention that Grissom has returned to Vegas and is teaching at a college or something. That would actually take care of the whole "Sara is back semi-full time" situation. I don't know why they insist on saying that Grissom is over in Paris. I just don't get that. I mean, I agree two people in love don't have to be joined at the hip, but at the same time its strange that they're on different continents.

Back to the episode- I wish they'd made some mention of where Cath was. I mean, it would take all of two seconds to have someone say its her day off or she's visiting her mother or her daughter or whatever. The episode was good, don't get me wrong... it just bugs me that characters aren't there and everyone acts like no one is missing.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I can't remember, but when was the last time they actually said "Paris"? Perhaps Grissom is back already, but they're just not talking about it (that we see).

They did the same for Sara last week too. At least last season they covered her absence with a brief comment.

With the one-case episodes, it's not so bad not having everyone there. They've had plenty of two-case episodes where they're not asking where the people on the other case are, so perhaps we're just supposed to assume that Catherine and Sara had solo cases those weeks?

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The last time I remember was last season. You could be right though, he could very well be back. :)

That's true, I didn't think about that. :)