Grade 'Out of the Sky'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 22, 2010.

?

How would you grade Out of the Sky?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. A

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Danny said "six years on the job, Jimmy. How do you end up working for Carson?" or somehow like that. I can't recall if it was mentioned in the episode how long ago that incident in the patrol car happened so Danny's past is still intact.

Edit: I mean his time line is still intact because his past his sort of ruined by 'The Party's Over' - from having a troubled-family past to a family of cops :scream:. Unless he his from a family of bad cops which I doubt and Mac would never hire him in the first place.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Belson had the dead guy's phone. Presumably there was something on that that told him the boyfriend's home address.

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm fairly certain he told Flack the timeframe during their conversation. And if Danny meant that Belson had been working for Le Douche six years, then no, Danny's past is not intact. Not to mention Belson didn't look old enough to have worked as a cop up to eighteen years ago.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Danny meant that Belson was working as a patrol cop for six years, that's why he's wondering how Belson ended up working for Carson -the other side. And he only said to Flack "we went out one night..." he didn't mention how long time ago.

The spoilers said the incident happened 10 years ago but it wasn't included in the episode anymore.

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

And Belson is still not old enough to have been a cop at least thirteen years ago, probably eighteen. Especially since Belson was likely the more experienced officer. When Mac recognizes Belson's name and Flack says Danny rode with him, it sounded like an event that occurred recently enough for the name to ring Mac's bell, but before Mac knew Danny, which would put the incident at least thirteen years ago, possibly more. And if Belson was on patrol for six years before he got fired, that means Belson, who looks thirty-to-thirty-five, started as a cop nineteen years ago, which is not possible. The math is still wrong. Either Danny's history has been retconned AGAIN, or Belson was eleven when he entered the academy. Timeline fail.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Mac recognized Belson because he recalled an ex-con named Belson. Flack confirmed that that Belson (the ex-con) is the same guy Danny rode with. So, maybe Belson commited a crime recently. Who knows, that part wasn't dealt much in the episode. But yeah, if you'd base from the actor's looks, Belson's time line might be failed. It must be the casting department's fault.

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

He called Belson an ex-cop, not an ex-con. If he'd been an ex-con, Danny wouldn't have wanted him to call him when he got out or been surprised that he killed three people and abetted in two more murders.

8. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I really enjoyed this episode. There was a lot of Danny/Flack interaction.

The not-so-good:

1. When Mac and Adam were tracking the "chip" in the lab, the device (I don't know what it's called) showed the address as 5885 Broadway, 35th floor. Isn't the morgue downstairs from the lab? I seem to recall during "Snow Day" that it was (unknown how many floors down).

2. If Jenny Harper wanted to report her boyfriend missing, what was she doing in Homicide? Also, I don't think they let people just wander around precincts. It's not secure.

3. It was unrealistic the way Flack broke the car window with his gun. If that had been for real he would have seriously cut himself.

The good:

1. Everyone was in this episode.

2. Danny and Lindsay worked separately. I don't remember them being in a single scene together.

3. It was funny when Flack cracked his knuckles in the interrogation room. (Although he has never done so before.) I also liked the way Flack got a kick out of telling Vonley the value of the "gym socks". Flack does like to mentally torture perps, doesn't he?

4. Adam talking about "ass-dialing" was hilarious.

5. When Carson said, "The man who owns these gems will be coming back for them in a few days. If I don't have them in my possession, you might be investigating my homicide."
    And then Mac replied, "Then we'll work that case equally hard, too."
    Loved it, loved it, loved it. Those two were great antagonists.

6. The scene with Danny talking to Flack in the squad room was special. I really like it when the characters' backstories are shown.

I think Mac remembered Belson as an ex-cop, not ex-con.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Oh yeah, ex-cop, my bad. :lol:

10. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Another enjoyable episode. Lots of Danny/Flack scenes. :)

I thought the lawyer was a bit too whiney though. I really don't think a real lawyer would be whining "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I think he must have said that at least three times. Annoying.

I was also annoyed that while watching this episode online the playback kept freezing on me and at one point I was getting a commercial playing at the same time over the show.

Why does it seem like former crime lab workers and partners usually end up being criminals after leaving the force? Except for Aiden who ended up being a murder victim.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Another solid B from me.

I really liked the story on this one. I also liked everyone's role in the story. I laughed (in a good way for once) at Lindsay's demo of the devices that obscured the robbers' faces and didn't mind her other explanation either. Although I giggled madly at Mac's "is there a point to this" along with the look he gave her. I've decided Anna Belknap should only appear in scenes with Sela and Gary because she's not annoying when she's playing opposite one or both of them.

Loved the Danny/Flack scenes, but then I always do. I also always love Adam and Hawkes and they didn't disappoint either. Carmine, Eddie, AJ and Hill are always on point.

Gregory Harrison facing off with Gary was a treat as well. I'm really loving the guest stars so far this season. So much better than the crappy stunt casting they've done in previous seasons.

Sela showed she can be a supporting player just as well as she can be front and center. I disagree with whoever said she doesn't fit with the rest of the team. I think she fits perfectly and I love her and the character.

If things keep rolling along like they have been so far this season, I could end up liking season 7 just as much as I loved season one - my all time favorite season.

12. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Well, do as I DO-just lower your head when she appears or look at another character when Sela talks- however now, I have another problem; every time she speaks, the theme song of the the old movie the "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" pops up in my head... (I figured out why...it's the..err....her eyebrows a double ringer for the creature's pair for SURE!...:eek:)

Ohhh and noone should get too upset...it IS Halloween after ALL!:devil:

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I knew Danny's friend had to be the bad guy. Anytime an old friend or former co-worker shows up on a crime show, they're either going to be the victim or the bad guy.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This episode is an A for me!
    - The case is good - burglary with homicide.
    - I like the inclusion of Danny's past. It made the episode more interesting. But, why is it that all of Danny's friends/family brought into the show always end up in a bad/sad way: Louie, Ruben/Rikki, Pino, and Belson. Poor Danny.
    - Lindsay's demonstrations are cute! :D
    - It's funny how Mac and Flack insulted Carson! :lol:
    - The victim's girlfriend's scene at the fountain is bittersweet. Lucky the coin collector! That's a million dollar ring!

15. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

LOL you are too funny. I usually text a friend when she comes on, but the only problem with that is she's in a lot of scenes with Sheldon, so I end up having to listen to her speak. ugh. I never liked Stella and Mac because of their icy personalities, but Jo seems even more icy than the two of them combined.