I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

Thank you so much!!:thumbsup: Is one of my favorites and I just got all the DVDs.

2. Corelogik

Corelogik Civilian

Re: Nick Stokes Firearm

Don't know if you ever got your answer but I just joined up so,...

Sarah, Catherine, and the one or two episodes you see him weilding a firearm, Grissom, use Glocks. Either the G17 or G19 depending,... both are 9mm

Warrick carried a Smith & Wesson, not sure of the caliber, either .40 or .45.

Nick carries a Walther P99 in 9mm.

Brass carries a Sig Saur 229, 9mm.

Langston carries a 1911 .45, not sure of the manufacturer.

I don't recall ever seeing Greg with a firearm, but he would probably carry a Glock 9mm of some variation.

Oh and almost forgot, Holly Gribbs had a Glock 19 9mm.

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I know how Greg is gunshy but does he really not carry a gun on him at all? Even when he's out in the field? That seems like an accident waiting to happen...I thought all cops are required to carry a firearm of some sort.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

He's not a cop tho. :) The CSIs are not required to carry. It may be different in different cities tho.

Of course, we know they are supposed to have a cop with them on scenes at all times, but for some reason lately the writers are taking great liberty with that, either having a cop in the background as scenery or not even there at all.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Several of the CSIs have not carried weapons at some time. Grissom didn't in earlier seasons, until in All For Our Country at least. Langston didn't carry a gun at first either (in No Way Out, he wasn't carrying). Greg has said before that "there's enough guns at crime scenes already" - so I'd like to see
    some explanation of why he changed his mind on that..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Grissom carried a weapon in the earlier seasons. He used his gun when Amy Hendler held Nick at gunpoint in "Who Are you". He didn't seem to wear so much in later seasons.

Nick, Warrick, and Sara have always carried guns. Catherine did too, but at times she isn't armed either.

What really amazes me is that at one time Grissom told Nick he couldn't be in the field because he didn't pass his proficiency test at the shooting range. So how can Greg and Langston get away without carrying a gun? Continuity, I think not! :lol:

7. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

Well, I've always thought that they have to pass that test in order to be on the field, but it's up to the CSIs to decide wheter they want to carry a gun or not.I think it's compleatly normal that not everybody wants to carry a gun with them.:)

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

That's what I thought as well. "No Way Out" showed that Greg is trained to use one. I'm not sure if they always have to carry. As stated before, both Grissom and Catherine have on occasion not carried a weapon. I recall in "All For Our Country" when Brass asked if Grissom was carrying, he said no, and Brass told him to get out while he clears the home.

Basically, if we believe that there is at least some sort of continuity at work, a field agent must be trained and proficient with a firearm, but that they don't necessarily have to carry.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think that Nick couldn't be out in the field with his gun until he'd pass his proficiency test. Now if he'd decided *not* to carry a gun, then he wouldn't have to pass the test.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Does anyone remember the episode where Eddie says to Catherine:"It's not like if I am asking how many times she and Gil had sex last night" and Catherine said:"Pick a number".Not sure if this are the exact words.

Thanks in advance.:)

11. electra

electra Pathologist

^Now I realized that that scene was a fanfiction!!:lol: I was so sure it was real.No wonder I could not find it now that I finally have the DVDs.

12. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Does anyone know what happened to Grissom's fish board that was brought up in season 1? Was it ever referred to again in other seasons? I'm afraid it might have ended up like that annoying Crime Scene Leaderboard thing; it's always around but never really brought up after the episode it was mentioned in. Thanks in advance.

13. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

Welcome back after the summer break. Nice to see all of you still posting here ;)

I've got a question. Some people referred to an interview in which it was stated that one of the recurring characters was about to be killed in "Sqweegel". I saw the episode last week and I can't remember anything like that... I have quite a holey memory though, so maybe someone will help me with that?

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It was the paramedic, Ryan Fink, who was setting the fires so he could save people and who ended up dead in a Sqweegel suit at the end of the show. A bit of a misleading spoiler, but he had been in three other episodes so I guess he could be called "recurring". :)

15. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival