"SQWEEGEL" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I don't think Cath's a big fan of Heather anymore. She definitely didn't approve of how the Lady collected DNA evidence in "Pirates" and was furious with both Heather and Grissom by the end of "TGTBATD".

2. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

So the recurring character was the paramedic? the last time i remember seeing him was in 'a bullet runs through it, part 1' in season 6.

Thought this was a great episode, the first csi episode in a long time that actually made me think twice about going to bed.

Nice screentime for everyone, especially enjoyed the greg/cath scene, and brass talking with the little girl was a brilliant scene.

Thought the little beat between nick, cath, and greg when langston started his weird hourglass lecture was interesting, kinda of like 'oh here we go again', don't think the hourglass theory actually added anything to the case?

It'll be interesting to see how this episode does in the ratings....

3. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

First impressions...

Yes here is the CSI i want to see. Congragulations to Zuiker! Actually sometimes i find it unrealistic the serial killers that are written just for ''hey i am clever and creeeeepy arrrr you are stupid, arrrrr...'' but yeah the guy's style is creepy! I can't even watch gymnastic guys , so to see the guy like that makes my face this: :scream: Uhh Ouch!

The pairings, Cath ,Greg and Hodges joke was awesome! Ray is not annoying as long as i see the other characters unforgotten and functional. Hodges mentioned Griss, Nick remembered his Stalker, Cath's sex shop thing and Greg's Papa Olaf thing showed how Zuiker knows the characters well.

Second impressions? First i need to see the episode again of course. :drool:

4. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

A+. Best episode in years.

5. Zooy

Zooy Civilian

Hi I'm new!!
    I thought that was awesome! Definately a chance of pace for what CSI has become. Mind you Ray is still grating, especially with his hourglass lecture but whatever! It was fun! Sqweegel was the perfect amount of creepy for me.

Can't wait for next week!! I love Hoarders and this should be gross and fun!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha yeah, so did I. :lol:

I thought the same exact thing.

My first thought as I was watching the episode was: "Creepy creeper is creepy". :lol: I don't know why that popped into my head. :lol:

Ray: And I'm not cute?
    Margot: Not right now. :lol:

What was Greg's Papa Olaf story? I for some reason didn't hear it. I think I was coughing at the time or something.

Cath: I know a rat didn't do that.
    Greg: Not unless the rat is kinky and knows how to use a lipstick cam. :guffaw:

The killer was sleeping under the bed? Yikes!

Hodges: Grissom would have tasted that. :lol: Yes, he would have.

Anyone know the song that was playing with Hodges was doing the DNA?

Emily confirmed it was sweat? Who is Emily?

LOL at Hodges saying "time to get kinky" as Cath walked in and Nick saying "I knew I should have shut the door". :lol:

A in blood. I knew that was like the Scarlet Letter and the A was for Adultery the minute he wrote it on the window. And I haven't even read that book or seen that movie.

Brass: Hello, Doll. My name is James. :adore: I love you, Brass!

Was the paramedic a recurring character? He looked a little familiar, but other than the mother, he was the only one to die... so he must be the recurring character that died.

The sex shop scene was funny. Cath making Nick think she'd been there for personal reasons. :lol: I like the shop owner though, he was interesting.

Ray undoing the woman's stitches to photograph it made me say "huh?" too.

I thought the girl saying "sqweegel" was cause the latex suit made a squeaky sound when he moved or something. They never explained exactly why she called him that.

If that's the one blue eye, one brown eye thing, I forgot all about Lady Heather's daughter having that. When they mentioned that in this episode, I kept waiting for someone to make a reference to Marilyn Manson. :lol:

7. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Linkin Park - waiting for the end

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This was the first CSI episode that really had me creeped out. I mean really. I woke up in the middle of the night and had to tell myself that Sqweegel was a character in a book and on a TV, he's not really in my house. Good work Anthony Zuiker. The only other time a TV show really creeped me out that much was The X-Files. That is saying a lot.

I too go an 'old school' vibe from this episode. No talk of romance or anything like that. Just the team searching for a creepy killer in a latex suit.

The sex shop stuff had me cracking up. And yea, I did flash to Catherine's relationship with the detective when the shop owner mentioned the pink thing (whatever it was) but of course she was messing with Nick which was priceless on it's own. :lol:
    Great bit of writing there. ;)

I am now interested in the books, not the cyber stuff Zuiker is trying to sell. Sqweegel is a very interesting and devious killer. It would be nice to understand his motive in killing all these seemingly good doers.

I also need to watch this one again. But so far, this season is one of the better ones in my opinion.

9. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

This was a fantastic episode. Not for the fact that it was creepy or the storyline was engaging but the overall writing was solid. Zuiker also brought out a lot of the originality and roots of each character, like Catherine's sass and Greg's confidence.

Zuiker did wonders with a new character (for him) which was Langston. Langston didn't outshine but instead complemented the others and yet was a strong enough presence to be a lead. Would be nice if TPTB took a few more pointers from Zuiker.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

LOL Not Emily. Amylase. Hodges did an Amylase test. We've actually heard that term used before. I remember specifically in "felonious monk" where Warrick did an amylase test on the glove that Tadero planted & the result came up as saliva.

11. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Here here!

12. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Took the words right outta my mouth their dude.. :thumbsup:

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Hubby and I thought this was a superb episode. We watched it in high-def last night (no closed captioning), but I'll need to watch it again today on tape (with CC) to get all the clues in the dialogue.

As others have noted, the episode had a real "old school" feel to it, with everyone having neat personality quirks that came out in their words and body language. In fact, I was getting a real "Manhunter" vibe at the beginning, with the cutting of the glass in the sliding door and so much similarity in what the intruder sees as he's walking up the stairs.

It was nice to see Greg really get a chance to shine as a CSI. And the looks the team members were giving one another when Ray went all professorial on them; it will be interesting to see where the writers go with that in future episodes.

I'm thinking that Ray must have sustained more damage than just losing a kidney, for him to still be using a cane. Did the stabbing injure his spine in some way (nick a disc or something)?

Like others, I was surprised that there was no mention of Lady Heather in the sex shop. All in all, kudos to everyone for such a great episode!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks. I thought it sounded familiar. :)

Oh, haha. Thanks for clarifying that. I kept wondering if they had a new DNA tech that they just weren't showing or something. :lol:

15. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

This episode was kinda 'meh' for me. I thought Sqweegel was cool, but I knew he was a bit overhyped and wouldn't actually scare or creep me out. Had a nap afterwards with no problems.

Greg got some more time, and a mention of the fabled Papa Olaf. Probably why I think its a bit better than the other three episodes so far.

Nick and Cath in the sex shop was pretty funny.

Glad to see Brass back, and his lines made me chuckle. Didn't notice Sara was gone and didn't really care.

I'm never going to like Ray, but didn't mind him as much.

I recognised the paramedic, and was sad that he died. Probably my unhealthy attachment to the recurring/supporting cast cropping up again :lol:

Overall a bit overhyped and kinda average for me. It felt more of a team episode than it has for a while, but I've already forgotten about half of what happened. Still better than the first three this season IMO