Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I had a feeling we weren't going to get any good hiphugger scenes, but...
    Calleigh in three mini-scenes, two of which with Eric :(! But that's not the worst part!!! Her last scene in the locker room with Eric:

"Eric:... leaving?... Trying to have a life outside CSI?:eek:
    Cal: ...Yeah going out with a friend... :confused:
    Eric:... it's none of my business...
    Cal: ...we're friends,...friends tell each other...you know I love you like family...? :wtf:"

And then Eric watches her leave with a sad look on his face...

Confused? Well, you're not the only ones! I have no idea what to make of this... :(
    Where the :scream::angryrazz::devil: are the writers going with this?!?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: Are you freakin kidding me! We are back to THAT again!!!

How the hell is it that we can never get any kind of closure between these too. Hello, sad Eric means he LOVES her and not like that family kind of crap! I don't understand it at all. After last week, I was more than sure that they were still together. What was she pissed at him for saving her or what. I am really sick & tired of the back & forth between them. I haven't watched the episode and I am already pissed off.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I had a feeling that we won't get any hiphugger scene either but I was alright with that but never expected this.....
    Where the heck did this come from? I never expected any of this crap.I thought all is well with them- and I love you as a family???? After Backfire and Time Bomb &Fallen :devil: I HATE YOU WRITERS!!!

4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

You can just imagine my surprise/shock/anger... :eek: / :wtf: /:devil:
    Come to think of it, the last intimate conversation between these two was during the last scene in "Time Bomb" when Eric told her that he needed to gain her trust back and Cal agreed... They had no scene together during season 8 finale, except for Eric running to her and trying to revive her; as for Fallen, we only saw them together during the opening scene when Eric called her "baby":adore: and carried her to the elevator, and then during the brief conversation they had about work in another scene... So basically, we had no idea what they meant by "regaining her trust" when they were watching the sunset at the beach...
    I never expected the writers to take it to this extreme!!! Again?!? He loves her, but she calls him a "friend" and tells him she loves him like "family"?!? Come on! Not again!!! :scream::scream::scream:

5. FoxyJ

FoxyJ Civilian

I really want to know who writes this show? Did they go to College, what the hell was that? I'm tuning out for a while, I hate when tv shows insult my damn intelligence. Stupse and I fought sleep for this crap.......annoyed as hell

6. ericdannygreg19

ericdannygreg19 Civilian

I thought Eric and Calleigh were still together but after tonight I guess not stupid producers I hate when they do that I thought everything was ok between them but I still have hope the producers will put them back together

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Now that I've seen "Sudden Death" myself, I didn't find that final E/C scene to be quite as horrific as I'd imagined after reading the spoilers. Perhaps Calleigh is merely pulling back and playing it close to the vest again, as she tends to do when her trust has been broken. (And Eric did acknowledge that he'd betrayed her trust in "Time Bomb"). Her saying that she loves him "like family" was obviously the understatement of the year,:wtf: but it was clear to me from that scene that both she and Eric were totally aware of that fact. You could tell that what Cal feels for him is so much more than friendship or familial affection, but she's hesitant to lay it all on the line. And Eric knows it too ... he was totally looking at her like he was not buying her whole "friends/family" cop-out, b/c it's obvious that it goes way deeper than that between them. But he's willing to wait until she lets down her walls and lets him in again. He was obviously a little deflated, but maybe he was smiling b/c he realizes that it's just a matter of time before she comes around. :)

All in all, I'm not overjoyed with that final E/C scene b/c I'm not a fan of vague E/C scenes a la "Bad Seed." But I'm a little bit relieved b/c I'd thought that it was all over after reading the spoilers. I'm going to look at the bright side, and hope that the "journey" for E/C that we heard about from the show-runners is going to be Calleigh opening herself up to Eric again and our couple finding their way back to each other over Season 9. I just wish that we didn't have to go through the angst, drama, and ambiguity to get there. :rolleyes: Also, a little backstory, lead-up or context would've been nice too, so all of this wouldn't seem so out-of-the-blue. But would we expect anything less of our "beloved" CSIM writers? :shifty:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ok. based on your spoilers: don't get it&don't like it. have to watch to understand it though...I mean it was all well in 'Fallen' and all of a sudden they are just friends? Maybe Delquesne is right I want to believe it...but the optimistic thing is, that if we get troubles so early in the season, we may get our happy ending after all. But why they are pulling 'Bolt action' here I really don't get...

Ok...edit...now i've watched it...:( Don't like it. What the heck? There was nothing that would indicate any sort of crisis in last 2 episodes...:( And I don't ike when she said 'I'm meeting a friend', that suggests a man-friend, to what Eric says ' None of my business'...it's like they aren't together anymore. If they were, surely she would rather say:'i'm going to see Annie/John(or sb) ' or ' I'm going out with John/annie, haven't seen him/her in ages...'
    I really would prefer jealous and insecure than neutral and 'I don't care what you do' Delko ...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  9. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Just watched 9.02........didnt like!
    One of the scenes earlier in the episode was lovely, they were chatting about work and seemed a little flirty and all loved up still..:) .......Then the horror of that final scene! FRIENDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Nooooooooo LOVERS is what we need to hear.
    I am gutted, looks like they're currently not an item. :(
    CSI:Miami writers - why do they insist on doing this EVERY season.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our couple are back together soon. This show cant half be stressful at times! lol

10. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

Yesterday's episode made me so mad ... Those writers gonna get kill one day

FRIENDS , they are friends !!!!! WTF happens ... Hello writers , they are lovers , they live together last year and this year they are friends , i think someone want to get kill

ARRGGHHHHH .. Now i just want to scream lol

11. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

omgee Friend wow I thought they were more than friends 9.01 look like they were more than just friends tbtp really leting us fans of hiphuggers down :( at the end of 9.02 and eric eyes he look so sad ..... and plus and his eyes you can tell that he really do love calleigh......... Iam so sad rite now :( ugh ugh

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

So I just went back to check who this "lovely" episode's writers were and which other ones they have written... and low and behold, they're the exact same pair as the ones who wrote"Time Bomb" :eek:!
    Could it be that they're giving us continuity from the last scene in that episode when Eric told Cal that it was going to take some work on his part to gain her trust back :(?
    Of all the storylines to give us continuity on :rolleyes:!!!

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Anyway, in TB they seemed like a loved-up couple who were arguing. Here though, like two friends who agreed that love was no longer there:brickwall:
    Few more scenes like this and I might join 'EC - why we dislike it' thread:rolleyes:
    Anyway, someone mentioned in the episode thread that Eric was flirting with new ME? That true? If so, that's a real soap-opera and that would make Eric a playboy he once was:confused:

14. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

:evil::evil::evil:WELL DO YOU MIGHT IF I JOIN YOU TO KILL THEM ...B/C THEIR SERIOULY PISSING OFF ME AND ALL E/C FAN'S OUT THERE :devil::devil::devil:
    ~~~~
    SERIOUSLY WHT WAS THAT ABOUT ''FRIEND'S'' AND ''LOVE YOU LIKE FAMILY'''
    CUT THE CRAP CSI MIAMI WRITER.....
    IN PREMIER EPISODE ERIC SAFE CALLEIGH BY RISKING HIS OWN LIFE , beside HE ONLY try to safe CALLEIGH AT THAT moment , if their were friends, he would do the smart way to safe all
    {not that i want to}
    but he ran to calleigh and carry her
    {even thou he fall on her loll}
    still its show that he only care about calliegh so much ..
    that clearly shows he madly in love with her .....
    AND what was with calleigh seem like pushing eric away from her anyway
    {make me angry even more } i know eric did broken she trust but she sure need be understnad that he didn't do on his onw willing ...beside its all seem nice and good in premier ..but now SERIOUSLY writes what are you trying do here ! she putting her wall back no , but i don't understand why why why why ???

~~~
    about new ME girl ..i do think that she flirting on eric , maybe next episode she do that more and make calleigh super jealous which lead calleigh kick that chick butt off and bring eric home {sorry hopeless romantic } but jealous , i think if that happen ...calleigh would be realize that she having crazy felling for that guy {eric} so sure :) ..well i love to see calleigh jealous for once thou
    ~~~~
    lastly LISTEN HERE CSI MIAMI WRITER YOU GUYS BETTER STOP PISSING OFF ME AND ALL E/C FAN'S OR YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN
    **still thinking that to do thou ***
    but sure something bad

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  15. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Or lack thereof, as the case might be! As kala79 said, in that final scene on the pier in "Time Bomb," Eric & Calleigh's chat was very affectionate and loving. I didn't get the impression that they were on the verge of a breakup at all. Yes, Eric did acknowledge that he needed to win back Cal's trust. But a breakup seems very sudden, extreme and out-of-sync with the tone of that final "Time Bomb" scene between our couple. Maybe the "Sudden Death" writers should have gone back and actually watched the final E/C scene that they wrote for "Time Bomb," and then we wouldn't have gotten this abrupt switch to Cal and Eric just being "friends" again in "Sudden Death.":rolleyes:

Plus, it's almost as if these writers totally skipped over "All Fall Down" and "Fallen." :wtf: In those episodes, Eric was saving Cal's life and acting like a concerned boyfriend. And then, boom, now they're back to being just friends? Huh? [​IMG] If the internet forum chatter is any indication, even some non-E/C-shippers and many casual fans found Calleigh's "like family" comment to be totally out of left field. I understand that the show-runners want to keep viewers interested in the show and its characters, but I'm thinking that making people completely confused might not be the best idea. Especially with the show being in a new timeslot. [​IMG]

My optimistic side is hoping that the writers will explain last night's E/C scene after-the-fact. But, as we learned from "Bolt Action" and "Bad Seed," oftentimes the writers never go back and explain confusing E/C scenes in retrospect. So while I'm going to hope that they break with tradition and do so this time, I'm not going to hold my breath that they will.[​IMG]

I'm not going to lose all hope, at least for now. Last night's episode didn't completely close the door on Eric & Calleigh's relationship, so I'm going to give the writers a chance to redeem themselves. However, if the writers try anything as moronic as having Eric and Cal dating (or sleeping with) other people, I might have to take a little hiatus from the show. Hopefully, it won't come to that. [​IMG]

P.S. I didn't see any chemistry between Eric and Dr. Mercier in "Sudden Death." I think that she was just being friendly and, at most, doing a bit of harmless flirting. But she was nowhere near as obvious as Dr. Price was in early Season 7. So I didn't see anything to worry about there. (Of course, you never know with the CSIM writers ... :shifty:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.