Episode 9x02 - 'Sudden Death' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 9, 2010.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Air Date: Sunday, October 10, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#902) "Sudden Death​

WHEN A BOTTLE GIRL IS MURDERED AT AN EXCLUSIVE CLUB, HORATIO MUST SEARCH THROUGH MIAMI'S MOST ELITE GUEST LIST TO FIND HER KILLER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, OCT. 10

"Sudden Death" - When a bottle girl is murdered at an exclusive club, Horatio must search through Miami's most elite guest list to find her killer, CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Oct. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. ​

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller
    RECURRING CAST
    Dave Benton............................... Wes Ramsey
    Michael Travers............... Christopher Redman
    Erika Sikes................................. Amy Laughlin
    GUEST CAST
    Kristen Banks............................. Nicole Taylor
    Brady Jensen.................................. Zane Holtz
    Richard Ellison............................... James Frain
    Sara Walker........................ Nadine Velazquez
    Chip Ford............................... Glenn Fitzgerald
    Club Girl.................................... Krystal Harris
    Amanda Calaveras........................ Peta Wilson
    Dr. Victoria Mercier................... Meta Golding
    Bus Boy....................................... Al Carabello ​

WRITTEN BY: Corey Evett & Matt Partney ​

DIRECTED BY: Matt Earl Beesley
    RATING: To Be Announced ​

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That scene would be nice if Ryan wasn't made out to look like a big goon. :wtf: I mean I love him to pieces & even *I* was saying: no sweetheart, you don't "got him".

:rolleyes: Disliking tptb for that one.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

IDK I kind of found it adorkably cute. Eric you're an idiot - Ryan I almost made it. :lol:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't know why,but for some reason I didn't seem to mind this scene. There are guys, that for some reason, from the time they are kids think they can fly,jumb,etc.Flack is like that on NY too,but he's had a lot more practice at it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I love that scene! That is the charm of Ryan; he is passionate yet flawed, and knows his limitations. Some fans were getting worried that he was becoming the next Horatio--superman, able to leap tall buildings, come out of burning buildings unscathed. I am so glad to see they are still understanding his character. I am so looking forward to this episode!

By the way, CBS added Ryan hanging from the wall to the previews shown last night. And there were quite a few showings of it throughout the night. Good promotion!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Really looking forward to this episode after a great season premiere!!

8. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I saw that the longer promo was added. I did a little cheer when I saw Ryan in the promo, of course I like the running scenes.
    With the exception of Erica Sikes,I'm looking forward to the episode.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks for the link for us non- Americans, EC Rocks :)

Looks like a good episode. H always saves the day! Bit silly of Ryan, but I suppose he got caught up in the chase, and hey, he looks good dangling from the bridge :devil:

11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I am looking forward to watching tomorrow. I found it amusing that the previews for Miami and the NY from last night were very similar. With Miami, I prefer the supporting characters more than the leads. I'm not sure where I was going with this...I guess that this one seems more interesting since Ryan is show cased more than Horatio.

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Eric: You're an idiot.
    Ryan: I almost made it.

lololol I like it, I can't wait for tomorrow. :D It does just look like Ryan got caught up in the chase, sorta looked like he didn't even realize there was nowhere to land when he jumped the bars. :lol:

13. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

I know that some people are going to complain that this makes Ryan the one who needs saving again, but I think this is perfectly in charater for him. He's always been implusive and clumsy, both in words and body. I can off the top of my head think of three cases where he's fallen down during a case (think curse of the coffin), dropped something, or something else. And know theres been many more.

I love that their showing a bit of continuity by keeping it up, and judging from the clip making him trip over the bar. He's flawed as are we all, and for me that makes him very relatable. And looking forward to the Eric, Ryan banter coming back. I hope they keep it up.

From this one clip there seems a good feeling of team togetherness they were talking about adding this season. I just hope that its not just this one clip and is apparent throughout the episode and the season.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Curse of the Coffin doesn't qualify, anyone would slip if they think something strange is going on in the morgue,like someone that is supposedly dead sitting up. Not sure there have been so many (IMO) that he can be called clumsy either.
    Even in this scene,I think Ryan just got caught up in the chase,and did,on an impluse think he could jump the rail and catch the guy.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I don't remember him falling down in Curse of the Coffin, but I remember him dropping the papers, and that was because his hands went numb from that blowfish poison stuff so it doesn't really qualify either. :lol:

Buut I guess this is a debate for the Ryan thread, not an episode discussion. :borg: