Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I never watched Where on Earth, but I loved Where in the World...lol But my big "arghghghgh" moment was losing "Angel".

I'll stick around for a few eps, yeah.

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree about MK I think she could have stayed but after reading the recent article in the spoiler where PV said they were going in another "relationship" direction with Mac and after the way Melina wrote GFD I am strongly suspecting that Melina sees the end coming to the series and wanted to put Mac and Stella together and the writers would not do it. Part of me is frustrated that she left but if she spared us all that frustration then I am not quite as upset.. Now we can write our own ending and Mac heads to New Orleans to reunite with Stella after all they were best friends for six years VERY BEST FRIENDS so that would not seems OOC:thumbsup:

Yea I'm with you on that:( Not much fun losing our Smack AND the friendships we shared on this forum:( Well at least she isnt dead and it would be great if /when the series ends they would put Smack together. They still have that option.......after all we were faithful for six years maybe someone will care about that.:)

Agh Dont even get me going! I LOVED Angel what a 'cheap shot" killing her off she had a GREAT relationship not just with Flack but Stella also:( Lindsey had no "girl friend power" at all:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. Nirce

Nirce Hit and Run

you read the comments of GS in SW? you really think MK left the show to spend more time with his family or was for financial reasons? sorry, but I do not believe it. MK is the victim in this story, not the culprit.

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Guys, a few words...

Please keep this thread dedicated to Mac and Stella. Please, it's not about anyone else unless it relates o Mac and Stella's relationship.

Also, please use spoiler tags when discussing the premiere until it has aired entirely throughout the U.S.

Thanks.

Back to Mac and Stella.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I resist to let it go down my fav shipper couple. They are my love and nothing will change that :D . I am glad they didn't go for the "romance" route between Jo and Mac. That would have been a slap on the face :( However she was well integrated and never she was used as a "replacement" for Stella which was great.
    Anyhow i think and i hope we will have some connection between Mac and Stella. Hello! The email does exist! So it would be better than just ignore the fact Stella was there for over 10 years. Besides it would be a great touch ;)

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i had a dream last night in which smacked actually happened. and it was massively disappointing! i can't remember too much about it (as is the nature of dreams) but basically i was on some kind of spaceship and mac/gary sinise gave me a dvd with interesting spoilers about csiny. i, naturally, copied it and sent it to friends :) somehow i was both watching the dvd and in it. so we (me and the csi bunch and donnie wahlberg?!) were on some kind of spaceship (or it might've been edna) and we were all watching a video of mac & stella's christmas holiday, and they ended up getting it on, and everyone watching was like "eeergh" and then mac/gary told me to watch a secret hidden thing on the dvd which revealed that stella was moving to set up a new csi office in london. it was very very odd.

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Holy cow Lisa! Your dreams are really interesting!:lol:

I keep crossing my fingers poor smackies will have something, anything:)

We deserve it. OK Stella wasn't killed so why are we going to ignore their relationship? Specially you'd expect some advice from Mac to Stella regarding her new job using the phone or some reaction from Mac. Since the 7.01 was the introduction of a new (and lovely) character i didn't expect nor wanted a huge reference to Stella because you had to be very careful in teh way Jo was introduced in the game. But in later episodes it would be very nice a short reference from Stella to MAC (which it would work much better than to Lindsay:p )

And if your scenario had happened (I mean the start fo a relationship between Mac and Stella and then Stella going MIA) i would wonder if it would have been better it happened
    Certainly I don't have thw answer and we will never know now. I only know i think it was one of the richest couples i have ever watched on TV. Because technicañlly they weren't a formal couple, they weren't married and they didn't have a baby:rolleyes: but they were more realistic than many other i could mention:devil:

(Sorry I am evil, i know. It's just time to adjust myself to reality:p

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hello SMACked family,

I've missed you all so much. I've missed our gutter filled conversations and dreams. I really have, but I guess times have changed.

I am, for lack of a nicer term, pissed about how they handled Stella leaving. They IGNORED her relationship with Mac, only the most important person in her life. He's the one who came to her rescue when he heard that there'd been a shooting in her apartment. He's the one who she went to when she was worried that she was being stalked. Then later, he was the one she told first about her possible HIV contamination. He was the one who offered her a room when her apartment burned down. He was the one who traveled all the way to Greece to help her solve a case he'd told her to stop working on because he knew how much it meant to her. He was the one who finally told her about her mother. He was the most important person in her life by far, and she was his. She was the one who constantly worried over him when he was dealing with the loss of his beloved wife Claire. She was the one who came in immediately to see him after he and Flack were almost blown up in a building. She was the first one to say they had to go back into the lab when it blew up with Mac inside. She was the one who was in the chopper, looking for him after he was taken hostage by the bank robber. They are always there for each other in their times of need and it just sickens me that the writers wouldn't even acknowledge that relationship. Of course, Pam Veasey wrote it in, and to think, she used to be good. She wrote Right Next Door. Freakin' RIGHT NEXT DOOR. One of the best SMACked episodes around, and one of my favourites. She wrote Summer In The City, my second favourite episode of the show. She wrote Consequences, which featured Stella's fear of being stalked that I mentioned above. She wrote us some of the most amazing SMACked scenes, but she couldn't give us a decent exit for Stella? Tell me that doesn't sit right with you because it certainly doesn't with me.

EDIT: The PV Monster co-wrote SNOW DAY? That is considered by many the best CSI:NY episode there is. How could she go from writing such amazingness to such...crap?

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Darling, Pam is not a monster AT ALL. But you must know they barely had time before they started filming so saving Stella was the only alternative, even if there weren't scenes with her farewell.

I don't care, as long as Stella is alive, there is a chance to have Smacked later on

So i hope Melina goes back at least for just 1 episode :D

(and yep, she co wrote Snow Day, one of my fav episodes ever! :D

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I don't know if I agree with PV being a 'monster' but I would say that her Midas Touch definately has gone downhill as of lately.

Stella is alive and well, and is head of a crime lab, albeit in a different city so thus the door is still open for her return but still, this really upset me tremendously, how it was almost completely ignored by the writers.

It is why I stopped watching CSI:NY altogether and won't care if it's cancelled now.

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The lack of activity on this thread has convinced me that it is time for me to put this ship to sleep, permanently. I have never been this angry at a TV-Show that once brought joy to me literally turn into the mother of all wormwoods.

The lack of any reaction to Stella's departure, the way this all panned out, the way that after all these years devoted to SMacked, I literally feel like I had sufferend enough and am now leaving this thread.

There has been no activity on here, weeks pass, dust collecting, nothing here.

All of this has now left me convinced that it is time to leave this thread and send SMacked back into the fiery mantle that it came from. I'm so, so sorry I devoted all these years to M/S, the way it was gently implied, and then all of a sudden murdered before our eyes.

I felt great how they closed out GSR on the Vegas CSI and though we may never see it again, I'm not upset by it, knowing it was closed out. :) SMacked on the other hand, it's demise has left me furious, angry, and sick to my stomach like I haven't felt TV-Wise in over a dozen years.

All this love I felt, then suddenly getting slapped like this, has now turned into hatred and bitterness on a scale I never felt. I wonder if Fiesta and Adella fans share this same feeling too, feeling like they had been tossed under the bus like SMack fans have.

The way all of us got our faces slapped has left me bitter and angry that it no longer brings me joy going to any Mac/Stella themed threads anymore. I recently withdrew from a Mac/Stella fangroup, dumped entire MS artworks off my computer, and deleted entire M/S fics I had written.

Is it any wonder the shows ratings underwent a swift and perilous decline in ratings this season? I guess the Melina/Stella camp are now ready to bring this show to it's demise. I can't blame them one bit.

Now I just want this show to die an undigified death in it's Friday Night Graveslot. When I finally read that "CSI:NY to end" or "CBS cancels CSI:NY", I will cheer, just to show that this all came a at price!

And don't give me any of that Mac/Jo shit either! :scream::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::scream:

Let's have CSI: New Orleans and Stella with someone else. Mac, Jo, and CSI:NY can go *Edited for foul language* themselves.

That is unless MK decides to return for guest and/or recurring roles in the future or Mac travels to New Orleans during season break or the season finale. Otherwise, my new motto is as follows:

Goodbye SMacked and CSI:NY, hello Mad Max Beyond CBS!

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I understand not everyone was thrilled with Melina leaving the show. I also really like what Mac and Stella had.

But....

^^ Stuff like that is never okay in a thread dedicated to Mac and Stella.

And I don't want to see stuff like that in here again. Got it?

If you want to keep this thread from falling off the page, I'll give you some suggestions, such as;
    What was your favorite Mac/Stella moment?
    When did you become a shipper? What episode, phrase, moment made you realize Mac and Stella would be a good pairing?
    What would Mac do when visiting Stella in New Orleans?
    Would he try to lure her back?

See lots of stuff to keep this thread from becoming something that it's not.

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Knocks on dust-covered door*

Hello? Anybody still home in the neighborhood? Or has the paint started peeling off and fixtures removed? :(

1. I would have to say that in terms of favorite Mac/Stella moments, I'd say "Grounds for Deception" would've been the peak of the ship, prior to how it seamingly died in season 6.

2. I could see Mac going to see Stella in New Orleans, and maybe even they both going to Mardi Gras, Mac meeting Stella's team over there, seeing how Stella's adjusting to a different urban environment and weather climate.

3. I could see something blow up bad down in New Orleans that sees Stella being a victim of bad politics and forced to leave New Orleans and returning to New York.

4. I could imagine Mac convincing Stella to return if something did blow up bad down in N.O. and she and Jo actually meeting at the Lab. Altohugh I'm still extremely hostile to Mac/Jo as a pairing, to see Stella AND Jo actually both talking with Mac or both Mac and Jo visiting Stella in N.O. would make CSI NY recover and make it one of the greatest Lazarus TV-Moments of my life: A TV show the violently imploded only to be reborn again in a flash of light and joy. :D It would make me so happy as to completely overwhelm and sweep away all the bitterness MK's departure left not only in me but millions of fans all over the world. :D And yes, Jo would finally be invited to the table reunited with her ex-husband or with someone else! It would be the PERFECT way to close out CSI NY and if the show did end this way, I could say, I'd no longer wish to kick it's corpse around like a pinata but see it's end the way I see the end of a wonderful day, knowing the next will be different, even if still wonderful. :) All the bitterness would instantly disappear!

It would also be a wonderful favor for countless fans all over the TV-World.

If they decided that Season 7 were to be it's last, I think the best idea would be for tptb to convince MK to return, and with Mac, Jo, and a few of the team members in New Orleans, Stella and Mac hug, with Jo and the others in the background. Shortly after, Mac visits Stella at her apartment or house there in N.O. and they passionately kiss, and it cuts to credits, bringing CSI NY to a glorious close and making it become the greatest Lazarus-TV Moment of our lives. :D

I don't see a better way to close it out in the end. :D

Anyway, enough of that. After channeling out so much anger a few weeks back, I thought it was time to do a 180 and inject some energy and new life back into this thread. I refuse to let it die, just yet. :)

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

There are so many scenerios and we can write them up right in here!:thumbsup:

I saw your frustration and feel your loss:(...but remember Mac and Stell are not the only ones who had a friendship in this thread!:) When we get lonely for our favorite ship this is the place to come then somehow it isnt so lonely any more.:) Although I feel there loss I am grateful Stella was not killed off and can always hope maybe someday we will see them together again.:thumbsup: Until then we can come here and write our own script!:lol:

15. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Greetings!

I know I have been MIA for centuries. :D However, I've been working on something related to Mac and Stella recently. I'm not about to give up on Mac and Stella just yet! Well, what's the point of our main title of this thread anyway? "I won't give up if you don't give up". It does mean something right? Come on, guys! I'm here and I need you all here. ;) I know things have been depressed since Stella left, I can barely deal with it either. But I want to keep Mac and Stella alive, maybe not in the show now but what's remain of them, before all these happened!

I'll talk to you soon. :) Take care.

Edit:
    I've been working on a Mac and Stella Site. I have always wanted to keep them alive after the Stella left and decided to create a site for them and their shippers after thinking for a while. They are one-of-a-kind and I've missed them, very much. Do check it out! More updates and stuff will be up soon. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010