Dexter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by LoneWolfe001, Mar 18, 2007.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

It's weird for me watching the show because in the first Dexter book LaGuerta
    dies.
    So I was like huh? when I started to watch the show. Plus she was horrible in the book! :lol: I love the guy who plays Angel, though. He's just like I imagined him in the books. Deborah is nothing like I imagined her (besides the swearing), but I like her in the show anyway. Dexter is pretty close to how I imagined him. Vince is awesome too! I'm kinda rambling.

Doakes isn't in season 3, and I wish I hadn't found out why because I think that's possibly in the third book? I'm not sure, I'm not into that one yet. If not then I don't mind that I found out. :lol:

2. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Oh this part totally through me off. I was expecting it in the series and when it didnt happen I was like...huuuuuh...that's new.
    Find me one person in here that DOESNT ramble! *cricket cricket* Its FINE! :lol: And yea Angel was pretty close, I like how they managed to get Vince to be more...Vince like, Deb...hmmm, not really like the book, again except for the swearing, but again I do love her in the show. She's an all-american chick in my book anyways :lol: And Dex, I love Michael for giving him that Dex factor...I just love this show

Awwww....Doakes :( He was a genuine character, loved him. But sucks he had to die...and by the hands of Lila to boot!!! Not even Dex himself! :shifty:

3. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

4. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

*blows dust off the thread*

Anybody still watching Dexter? :D

Anyway, I'm loving the whole Trinity case. John Lithgow is genius.
    One question though. Masuka matched the DNA from the ashes to the DNA found from the killer. Isn't the DNA from the ashes way too degraded by the fire in order to form a match? :confused:

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've seen Dexter through season 2. I have all of season 3 on my hard drive ready to watch, but... I dunno, for some reason I just haven't watched. I guess I want to finish the 3rd and 4th Dexter Morgan novels before I get to the rest of the show (even though reading the books is entirely unnecessary). The first book was AMAZING, the second book less so but still pretty awesome. The third... well, I'm a few chapters in and so far, not really dazzled.

The show has had its ups and downs but I've mostly been very impressed. Hopefully I'll get off my arse and catch up on my Dexter episodes. I really do love the show!

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

There's what 2 episodes left in the season? I love the show & I wish the seasons lasted longer.
    Sunday looks exciting because Arthur is going to find out Dexter's identity and whatnot. I am also wondering if either Rita or Masuka are going to tell Dexter about what happened on Thanksgiving with the neighbour.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Any Dexter fans here? The premiere is tomorrow nite. This is, by far, my most anticipated premiere this season. I haven't been this excited since Dead Doll.
    After the finale last season, I think I was in shock for a month. :lol: I can't wait to see the aftermath. And I'm looking forward to some Rita flashbacks.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

;) Threads merged. :)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Thanks, Destiny. I thought there had been one at some time, but I couldn't find it. :cool:

Well, another powerful performance from Michael C. Hall in the premiere. He is very much deserving of the awards and accolades he wins.

Of course, Deb had the best quotes of the night: 'Who the f*** are you?' interchange with the 'cat' lady. :lol:
    Not sure I like the Deb/Quinn hookup, but I doubt Quinn survives the season, since he is on a path to expose Dexter.

A great start to the season. Some bizarre, and some very touching actions from our anti-hero. I loved his 'goodbye, Rita'. :(

As always, I'm looking forward to the new season. I'll miss Rita, but I'm looking forward to Julia Stiles' guest appearance.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Ohhhhh... watching tonight and I can't wait! Hoepfully it won't be another one like season 3 because that was my least fave. :p

11. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Okay, I have to confess that I've only seen season 4. And that was because my favorite actor -- John Lithgow -- was in it. Can we all agree that Trinity was Dexter's greatest foe? I mean if not for Trinity -- Dexter wouldn't have killed an innocent man (and IMO it was due to stress and frustration and caused Dex to loose his focus) or he wouldn't have lost Rita. Trinty knew how to hurt Dexter and he used it. Even though Dex killed Trinity in the finale -- I'd say Trinity got the last -- I don't want to say laugh -- but he got the last word as it were when Dex finds Rita in the tub. And I know there are a lot of people out there that are happy that they didn't show that Trinity/Rita scene but -- and I know it may be sinister of me -- but I would have loved to have seen that scene. If only to have seen John Lithgow one last time.

12. BabaOReilly

I think you should watch the other seasons before you make a "greatest foe" claim. ;) Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty fantastic.

13. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

You're right Baba -- I just now realized the error in what I said. I've been planning on watching the other seasons -- just haven't gotten around to them yet. I only made the greatest foe comment because of the fact that Trinity killed Rita and left Harrison on the bloody floor.

14. BabaOReilly

Trinity was definitely a bad SOB. And you're right about one thing- John Lithgow played him perfectly.

15. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

We're finally getting Season Four here in the UK and it definitely makes up for a poor showing in Season Three in my opinion. Whilst Season Three wasn't bad as such, it was definitely my least favourite season thus far.

John Lithgow as Trinity is utterly superb. He makes me immensely uncomfortable! The character, concept and history behind Trinity all make for excellent and compelling viewing.

Whilst Season Four has been excellent viewing thus far, I can't help but feel the show definitely had it's best work in Seasons One and Two.