Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 22, 2009.

1. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

If I were in her shoes I would've done the same thing.

Tho I was confused why she received a medal for it. It was unneccessary.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

. . . And as I recall it was a pretty universal opinion that he shouldn't have. People weren't happy they BOTH (the three of them if you consider Flack knew as well) got a pass on that.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hello! I never posted here. The premiere was good enough for me but there were things i didn't understand. Why did Mac say Lindsay was a warrior?? It's not exactly the word i have in mind related to Monroe:rolleyes:
    Also i was wondering why did she receive a medal for doing...her job?:lol:

I know it sounds mean but i really don't care!:p

4. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

I don't think someone doing their job should negate or invalidate their eligibility for a medal. If it did there would be no such thing as the Victoria Cross, Silver Star, Military Cross etc. All of the people that won those commendations were technically speaking, "doing their job" but they were still thoroughly deserving of them.

5. PerfectAnomaly

Usually you have to do more than one thing to receive such a high honor. Shooting and killing one suspect means the entire team deserves medals, but yet only Lindsay gets one.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This guy was a total freak-show, and was jeopardizing her and her whole family, what would you do?.. let him go or kill the baby? and he'd done this before. She well deserved this medal, for rescuing her family and keeping this killer off the streets. Well deserved. She's awesome and adorable and so great when she's working on the cases. :bolian:perfect person to get this high honor~She's such an fantastic integral part of this CSI/NY

7. PerfectAnomaly

The team took down the Taxi Cab killer who was a serial killer and held the whole city hostage and no one got a medal for that. They've all taken down killers and not gotten medals Also, there's no indication Lindsay has ever gotten any honorable mentions in her career, which is a requirement for the medal she got.

As far as her being an "integral part of this CSI/NY," there are quite a few people who strongly disagree with that. In fact I enjoy the way the show flows and the strong teamwork that happens when she's not in the episodes much better than I do when she is present. Since S3 until she got her medal she's been nothing but a glorified lab tech and Danny's boo. Hardly "integral" in my book.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

He/they shouldn't have gotten one. My point was he/they did.

Any of my posts indicate I don't think Lindsay should've gotten a medal, either. Arbitrary rewards fall from the sky on this show, though - that's hardly something limited to Lindsay, and it's odd arguing that it is by using another character who's also gotten them.

9. PerfectAnomaly

I wouldn't call using earned vacation time (I assume all employees acrue vacation and can use those hours) an "arbitrary reward." The timing of it was beyond stupid, but to call it a "reward" makes no sense.

My point was that people who like Danny criticize the character when he deserves it, yet Lindsay isn't supposed to be criticized for anything she does. This is the "Why Lindsay Must GO" thread so the focus is going to be on Lindsay and not other characters. Other threads have criticisms about other characters so the argument that Lindsay is getting an unfair focus in this thread also makes no sense.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I call it a reward because when asked whether they should come in and help with the problem they largely caused [which, knowing the show's timelines would take what, a day?], Mac said something like "no take your vacation, you've earned it.", rather than advising them to postpone. Yes, I realize most of the issues with that was timing more than the actual vacation, but that's still pretty benevolent of him.

Seeing as I've criticized Lindsay myself for things she does, I'm a little thrown by the idea that she shouldn't be, but whatevs. I'm happy agreeing about the medal-reward being a stupid thing, I just don't see why it would be a reason that she "Must GO" if similar things aren't reason enough for other characters to "go".

I didn't argue that Lindsay was getting an unfair focus here -- I was responding directly to this:

Brought up the vacation because somehow I can't see the NYPD totally overlooking the badge screw-up, but pitching a fit because Danny shot the criminal holding his daughter at gunpoint. Also, given the vacation, I'm not seeing much evidence for them cracking down on him so much harder over the Shane shooting than they apparently did Lindsay.

11. PerfectAnomaly

Lindsay getting the medal is just one more instance in a long line of instances where she gets treatment the others don't. It's not the only reason she should go, it's just the latest example of why she should go.

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Yes, like getting highlighted as a hero in a newspaper article (while the character(s) who led the rescue/put-a-stop-to the hostage situation presumably did not), or having the entire team help her on a personal-investment case while another character gets castrated for not taking himself off a personal-investment case...wait.

I'm not disagreeing that Lindsay doesn't have this Mary-Sue-ish tendency of never getting in trouble. (And I get that personal bias makes some want her off the show for this, while others are totally fine with it.) Just as far as special treatment goes? It would take forever to tally just who got special treatment when. It can't really be said what kind of treatment the others "don't get" when half of them have been treated differently from the rest in nearly-identical situations. She's not the only one.

13. PerfectAnomaly

Yeah. They've pretty much all gotten a pass for something they shouldn't. Lindsay has gotten them consistently since S3. I have no desire to tally up how many Lindsay has gotten, but when you combine all of her "special snowflake" situations with other aspects like her personality defects and the bad acting the medal is just one more reason she's a detriment to the show, IMO. The other characters may have gotten special treatment for something along the line, but they have other redeeming qualities that make them interesting and vital to the show. Lindsay doesn't.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I still think she totally deserved this honor, but I'm a newbie on this show, but one of the reasons I now watch is because of her. She's such a enticing character and to me all episodes are better with her presence> To each one's own on did she or didn't she deserve this. I guess Mac thought she did, and he is the boss~

15. PerfectAnomaly

The decision to give out this medal came from higher up than Mac. And I personally think the NYPD saw a good chance for some PR so that's why they gave her the medal despite her not really deserving it.