Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

For those of you who need your Melina fix check out Live with Regis and Kelly on October 7th.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I just saw the "Passionately Pink for the Cure" advertisement with Melina. It's probably in lots of magazines but I spotted it in the October issue of Glamour on page 207. She looks terrific.

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I haven't been here in ages. I have no clue why I just came back, but anyway, I'm here and I just have to say that I was not happy with Stella's write-out. Really not happy. I know there's not much you can do without the actress actually being there, but they could've done a hell of a lot better than that. I'm not sure if any of you are CM fans, but their lead female was also cut. The writers did a brilliant job with writing her out. They turned it into a subtle Take That to CBS. I know it's different because AJ Cook was in the episode. Still, they could've done a better job. They could've shown the team, especially Mac, more affected. Stella was the second-in-command, friend to all of them. To Lindsay, she was a mentor and a female confidant. To Danny, she was a friend and she defended him a time or two. she was always there when Sheldon had problems. She'd saved Sid's life once. Even though I like to pretend it never happened, she had a one night stand with Adam and they still remained friendly after. Plus, she saved his job. Her and Flack had always been there for each other when the other was down or in trouble. And then Mac. She was Mac's partner for over 11 years. She was the one who picked up his pieces after Claire's death. She was the one who was there every single time he had a problem. She was the one to whom he said "I can honestly say that I wouldn't do this job without you". He went to Greece for her. Obviously they cared very much for each other. For Stella to be written out in a short letter congratulating Lindsay on getting a medal was just wrong.

I will have to find that Regis & Kelly interview online. I really hope they get into why she was let go. I want to hear the truth from Melina herself and have proof. Sadly, I'll be at school when it's on.

And my last note, the shirts Melina designed for the Hanes Pink Collection are gorgeous! I want one so badly. They have her signature with the curly haired smiley face for goodness sakes. Plus, it's an excellent cause.

Here's the Strength Tee: http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products...px?cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&TRC=LINKSH

And this is the Hope Tee: http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/22792.aspx?cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&TRC=LINKSH

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Everything we know, including from an interview with Melina herself, says she wasn't "let go," but chose to leave herself. As far as Stella's departure, I thought it was handled fine. Stella wasn't killed off, she wasn't fired nor was she forced to leave for other reasons. People move on to other jobs and their former co-workers keep on working and having the same life they had before the co-worker left. Couple that with the fact that the actress wasn't there for a goodbye episdoe (which was her choice) and I think she got the only send off that made sense. I personally would've found it unrealistic to have some big tribute show to Melina/Stella without Stella/Melina being a part of it. Even if she were a part of it, unless they killed her off, there was no reason to make her leaving some huge event.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Well stated :thumbsup: Not much more to add except Melina also implied in her interview she was not happy in the way they were going with Stellas character and after watching that episode it just reinforces the lack of respect they gave her and Stella. I think since she tried all summer and things fell through in the end that she chose to "preserve" her character she is to be commended.:) There were many avenues in which they could have taken to write her out and this is what they chose?...What a dissappointment I have in PV to think I once respected yes even hailed her skills and judgement, now I just question the lack there of. Cruising the forum from time to time will not keep the T.V. ratings up but that is all they get from me... that is of course unless Melina comes back. Speaking of CM nice job good writing:) ...HHHMMM.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  7. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I just came across this old picture of Melina and Gary from some kind of vintage photo shoot in Entertainment Weekly 9/10/04. Boy does she look different. If I didn't know it was her, I wouldn't recognize her.

8. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I have to agree totally with Lori K. I hate Jo. She is just to much. I only watched the show for Adam, but ff through most of it. I tried but without Melina it just isn't csi ny. I am not watching anymore. Iam a devoted CM fan. Did I mention I really hate JO:scream:

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HAHA! I knew we had a fondness for one another and could find something to agree on! :lol: Well Hello my friend long time no chat!:lol: I can really feel the void of not seeing Melina she was such an exuberant presence and is very much missed. Must admit I did not watch last episode and will probably not watch any more, who needs the extra frustration! Although I did like Adam and am glad to hear he finally got his
    "moment". But what I have seen of Jo and what I read from others it sounds like I would not be very fond of her either. I'm not big on "know it alls" and having a new character shoved down my throat. I do keep reading she wants to get in Macs pants though! Geez give it a couple of episodes at least...she must be wanting in that area!:lol: The good thing about Stella and Melina is, she "will always be", unless of course they kill her off.:rolleyes: I dont know why PV had it in for her character so bad to try to "dismantle" Stella, lack of viewership maybe? Who knows, but the way she wrote her out did not shine favorably IMO thats for sure, after all she helped pen that episode and since she is at the helm she calls all the shots. As AXEL said of Stella "she was the one who was there every single time". Six years of Stella Bonasara as an individual and Macs closest friend warranted way more than they gave her. I wish I could have seen those "six episodes " PV claims to have written as a work in progress but I can only imagine.:rolleyes: If they were any indication as to the first episode of season seven well ... The only good news is, I got to talk with you again! Take care my friend!:thumbsup:

Totally Agree!:lol: She does look abit different!

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^It would be better to watch the last episode. Jo isn't really a knows-it-all. It's just that being an ex-FBI agent, there are some skills she has that CSIs don't have. And she wasn't really shoved down our throats. All the characters have fun scenes last episode. All They have done something to solve the case.

I'm curious to know where the writers are taking Stella that made Melina leave the show. I can't imagine any worse than hooking her with Adam and making her the show's punching bag. Or maybe the lack of direction or material for Stella made her leave the show. I hope her interview with Regis and Kelly would enlighten us a bit. I really miss Stella.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Well Geeno took your advice and against my better judgement I watched the show. Since I do like Adam I thought it would be worth it from that respect and I am sorry to say I still do not care for Jo. Now she does pscho babble reach into your past and tell me what you see!:wtf: My favorite part was when Adam went off on her :thumbsup: FINALLY SOMEONE let her know they are not all gaga over her :rolleyes: to bad it didnt last but Adam is too nice to hold a grudge:) No I dont like her I did not like the little cheeky squeeze she gave him in the first episode it was insulting and degrading and to bad he didnt go off on her when she did that. I'm afraid it just isnt the same without Stella. Stell was the vibrant part of the team. She was classy and cool and very New York. She was tough and fun and kind and sweet. And she was the best friend Mac had.:( I read on the other forum how everyone seems to think Mac is so at ease now and smiles more since "Jo" has arrived PPSSHHH they must have forgotten how relaxed he was in the end of GFD and how much fun he had sharing hot dogs with Stell at the dog show and who can forget the joy they share in the formula:thumbsup: At Christmas time teasing each other while carrying the tree. Mac came out of his depression because it was STELLA who got him through and THAT friendship will never be replaced.! I could go on and on but you watch the show. Jo might have soothed the way for some but she just doesnt come off that way to me. They are forcing her in my opinion and the decaled motorcycle shirt she had on she will probably be an expert Harley rider next!:lol: Plus this week we get the "homespun" Jo how daddy said ifin ya want that fruit cha need ta get yerself out on that thar limb and ago an get it. They are spending to much time centering the shows around how she is so smart and savvy and how everyone sees all the characters through "Jo's eyes" ...please! I have been watching them for a while now. And they havent let up on the D/L love feast someone seems to have in the writing department. When something is forced on me I get turned off really fast but I thought maybe I was being to harsh but when she started with her "man up" crap and her pscho bull, irritation set in.

And that hookup was REALLY the worst move ever!:rolleyes: It was so demeaning to her character and then they kept it up all season long. I miss her so much and wish she would come back. Just because there writing talents went stale Melinas character took the hit. So where was all this so called great story writing last season? Are they going to say it took the departure of Melina/Stella to get them back on there game? And Sela Ward coming on board to get things rolling again? That sure speaks ill of the reast of the talent NY was known for. I know how much Melina loved the series and loved Stella and what ever happened really must of been yuck to make her walk and I am with you I hope something will be revealed on Regis and Kelly because I know I will be watching! If nothing else just to see her bubbley self again!:(...I tried to like Jo she does have a sense of kindness about her at times like with the solider... if they would have let her unfold slowly and not so "wonderful, wise and wickedly desirable" that everyone is awestruck it might have worked. And be that as it may they said she was not replacing Stella well...they sure made THAT apparent that she was with her continual second in command "star of the show" character skills and the low blow exit they gave Stella. cheap cheap shot.:rolleyes: Sorry my friend but this is bitter as wormwood.

12. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Dear Stellarinas,

I am very much contemplating staying home tomorrow just to watch Melina. I'm very tempted to watch for her part, then go to school. I have a spare first period, so I could possibly convince my mother to take me to school after her part is done, and I still wouldn't be late.

*sigh* I probably won't do it though. I love Melina so much and I miss seeing her on my TV.

I am not a fan of Jo. I've heard from quite a few people they don't like Sela Ward as an actress and those who I have heard like her are Melina-bashers. After watching that first episode, I have to agree with the non-Melina bashers. She didn't seem like a very good actress at all. Definitely not as good as Melina is. Her joking with Adam just seemed like she was trying to hard...I didn't even watch last week. I couldn't bring myself to watch the train wreck my favourite show in the world has become.

I certainly hope that Melina talks about the whole thing. Everything. I want to know what they were planning and if it was worse than the Adam/Stella hookup that I still claim was a figment of my imagination. I believe in Melina's judgment. If she didn't like what they were doing with Stella, it must have been awful. I know that she loved CSI:NY and the character of Stella. I know that she loved working with the cast and crew that she did. I know all of this and it just breaks my heart that they practically destroyed the character that she and many others (including all of us) had fallen in love with. It breaks my heart when I think that I'll never get to see her get a proper exit involving real, in-character reactions rather than just a passing goodbye in a note to Lindsay. It breaks my heart not to see her on my television screen at least once a week, wondering if Mac and Stella will have any epic scenes or whether they'll be able to solve the crime or whether she'll have a serious talk with someone on the team who's been acting up lately.

I really want to see that interview with Regis and Kelly, whether it's live on TV or in a YouTube video. It's the only thing that can settle my feelings on this whole subject.

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Very, very true Axelsonfire.

This is what made me dump CSI:NY from my life. I generally hated the direction they took Stella, turning a beloved character into someone who was 'just there'. Season 6 Stella had almost none of the things that made me love her so much in previous seasons.

If it is true that MK did not like the direction they planned on taking Stella, converging with the pay cut rumors being true, then yes, I don't blame MK one bit for leaving. I truly hope MK can shed much more light on why she abruptly left, not even filming a 'closing' episode for her character.

This whole thing carved a HUGE crater in my mind, the way this all suddenly went down. I've said this countless times, both here and on facebook but I've found this to be the worst TV-Experience since "Gargoyles" and "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego" vanished over 13 years earlier. I remember the sheer emptiness I felt when those two disappeared. MK's departure and the emptiness it created is the worst TV-implosion since the two that I felt more than a dozen years earlier.

Previously, I had been excited for new episodes of CSI:NY. Now, barring a return of MK much like Eric Delko, I'm counting down the days and weeks towards CSI:NY's demise in it's Death Slot!

I know a lot of you are going to not like me for saying such angry ranting posts but I generally believe that the undertone of misogyny, the degrading nature of the show especially after the debacle of "All Access", the HIV-Shit, and then finally making Stella into the constant punching bag, I truly am hoping that with the way it all went down in the end, CSI:NY is put on the chopping block and put to sleep, permanently!

Gary and Sela, I will look forward to your talents elsewhere, either on TV or on the big screens but Friday nights are nights I go out and now I have lots more reasons to do so.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I just want to remind everyone that this is not the "Why We Dislike Jo" thread. I'm not too sure we actually have a thread dedicated for that, but I suppose the "Stella's Leaving" thread can be a both a discussion for Stella's departure and how Jo is fitting in thus far.

Also, I just want to make something clear. I have read nothing that indicates that the people who like Jo bashMelina and Stella. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of us here were quite the fans of Melina, but we do respect her decision to leave the show.

15. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Hey guys!!!

So I was planning on staying home this morning to catch Melina on Regis and Kelly but apparently my first period teacher doesn't like that idea. He is making us write a quiz! So I am hoping that one of you guys will be awesome and amazing and put it on YouTube or something :) if someone does you would be awesome! Thanks :)