Are you watching the whole trilogy?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 13, 2009.

?

Which best describes you?

1. NY fan who watches the other CSIs as well

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  2. CSI and/or Miami fan who checked out NY b/c of the trilogy

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. NY fan who doesn't watch one or both of the other CSIs but did b/c of the trilogy

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. NY fan who doesn't watch the other CSIs and didn't even for the trilogy

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I caught the whole trilogy. I am not up-to-date on NY and Miami episodes, but I wanted to be aware what was happening in Las Vegas so I wasn't out of the loop. After watching the original, it seemed as if I didn't really need to watch the other two shows as the only continuity that really stood out was Madeline Briggs, and even with her, nothing really linked back to Miami or NY in a big way.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yes.

I watch NY and Vegas regularly. I started out only watching Vegas then migrated to NY after CSI Vegas started season 7.

I don't normally watch Miami but I did for the crossover. I have to say, I was impressed with what I saw in Miami.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I'm a NY viewer, from S1 onwards.

I'm one who started in Vegas, albeit several seasons in, and dabbled in Miami back when. Miami I never really got into, and Vegas I just sorta faded from. I don't think there's a why, and I can't even say when. Long time gone, tho'. Still catch part of an ep of Vegas here and there. I caught part of a Miami ep earlier season out of curiosity for Cibrian joining, and Walter was a happy additional discovery. The show seems to be doing dandyo without Delko there, but wtf do I know about Miami :p.

It's definitely fair to say I checked out both Vegas and Miami in sweeps specifically for the trilogy.

Miami is beautifully shot and put together, probably now more than it's ever been, but that's still not enough to draw me in as a regular viewer. Vegas still seems to be a notch above in their writing, storytelling, and how their episodes are structured. NY, well, it's difficult to describe my relationship with NY :lol:. Of the franchise, NY is the one I've stuck with longest, and I guess I'd say it's the characters that keep me coming back.

I think Vegas came out on top with their episode. And I think it was indeed due to the caliber and clarity of their storytelling, as well as hitting clean-up in the order of airing. I doubt my viewing habits will alter much for the trilogy.

I liked that they finally did a larger mingling of worlds. A huge undertaking, one that will no doubt be hit and miss with what viewers were expecting or hoping for. I wouldn't mind if there were to be more crossing over here and there in the future, and not just for sweeps occasions.

I have little context for grading Miami, but it seemed pretty much on par with whatever I was expecting of them as an average hour of teevee, and teeing up the trilogy; call theirs a C. I gave NY a hedging B-. That's still among the better marks I've alloted them this season. I think Vegas also benefits in my grading for it's slot wrapping things up, because I inevitably compared their ep to the preceding ones; call theirs a B. So, a B- for the trilogy.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

same here - i love how they make miami look, for a long time even just a snippet made me *want* to go to miami, but that's not enough!

5. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Easy for me!! F-L-A-C-K. :guffaw:

I watch Las Vegas too. I think the stories are stronger and the I love the characters. Lyndsey gets on my nerves back at NY.

Miami is unwatchable, IMO. Unless, of course, you are playing the Horatio Caine drinking game. (Drink when he takes off the sunglasses or puts them on...) I do like to imitate Calleigh's breathy, high-pitched voice though. My hubby has crush on her. ("Horatio! I have some DNA results you must see!") :devil:

Tobin

6. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I have never watched one of the original CSI show. The people never really attracted me. I had satelite tv up until last year and rarely watched fictional crime dramas because I watched CourtTV/TruTV.

As for Miami, the camera work bothered me. Everything is so dang bright. And jumpy camerwork. Caruso has an annoying personality and his puns irk me. So I stopped watching it and went to the CSI NY.

I like the characters better, it is darker(colors, characters), and I like that better.

7. LWsep10

LWsep10 Civilian

I am definitely a NY fan with the original being a close second. I use to like Vegas more, until Grissom left... For some reason never been that big on Miami

8. flack's girl

flack's girl Dead on Arrival

I am a NY fan, have been since episode 1. I do watch Vegas and Miami, but really only because NY was so good! I did catch all of the trilogy, and thought that the only let down was the Vegas part. I always find Vegas very dark!!

9. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I first got into CSI when that first started and before Miami and NY came about and I do still like it, but haven't watched in awhile. I didn't like Sarah or Grissom at all but continued to watch it. I prefer Langston. Anyway I then started watching CSI Miami and saw probably the first two seasons possibly the third as well before I went off it, I don't like Horatio either, though I did love Speedle and I love Ryan too, and then when CSI NY started I started watching that one and became hooked. I've seen all 6 seasons, well apart from a couple episodes here and there from a season and I've seen the first episode of S7, not yet seen the 2nd one as I'm in the UK and it's not aired here yet, so I'm having to watch online.

But NY has become my favourite out of the three, and I do still like CSI but like I said it's been ages since the last time I watched it. I'm thinking I might go back and go through S10 and is it 11 now I'm not sure.

10. mNesl1010

mNesl1010 Civilian

Absolutely a fan of the original, but NY comes in a close second.

11. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I watching all try CSI.My fav serial is CSI NY. I like Vegas no more so well, since 3 actors are present no more. I like Fishborn, but he is not used well.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

NY's episode was the best compared to the other shows.Miami was also good but Vegas failed to meet my expectations.

13. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

In my country we haven't seen the crossover. I don't watch CSI at all and Miami I watch sometimes but definitely not regularly. I just don't like the characters as much as in NY.

I thought about watching all three episodes just for curiosity but I found out that might be a bit difficult since they may come so different time. I mean we're having new season from CSI and CSI:Miami at the moment but still waiting for NY's season 6 to start. I think it's not as nice to watch them when other eppies come now and other in six months later...:(

So I just might watch CSI:NY's eppie, but will see. :)

14. ltAYL1010

ltAYL1010 Civilian

It's gotta be Miami first, NY second and Vegas third. Grissom was the loss that made me move to NY. I wonder what he is doing these days.

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Hi ITAYL, Grissom (William Peterson) has played in Gary's Steppenwolf Theatre and now hi is filming a film with name Detachment. :lol: