Grade 'The 34th Floor'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 24, 2010.

?

How would you grade The 34th Floor?

1. A+

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. A-

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. B+

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

So what was Westwick's motive?

2. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Westwick was rich, powerful, and married with a child. His employee and "mistress" got pregnant. He obviously thought she was a threat to his life (or lifestyle) and removed the threat. It happens all the time.

3. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

That's pretty much the plot of every 5th crime show episode. :)

I really liked this episode after a couple of average seasons. I REALLY love Sela Ward. I was sad when her run on House ended and this character fits nicely on the show.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I wish they'd come out a little stronger with her defending her right to not have mixed feelings about it. Again, it bugs me that the only reason we saw Lindsay in counseling is because she's a woman, and of course a woman must have an issue with shooting someone, no matter how justified. :rolleyes: Yes, counseling is supposedly mandatory for every cop after they shoot someone. So why have we never seen Mac, Danny or Flack in counseling? Because they have Y-chromosomes, that's why.

Sorry to get up on the soapbox, but that bugged me more than anything.

Nope. Nor would we have seen him in counseling.

This seems to be the only way to introduce a new character on a CSI show, unless they're going to be bumbling or a newbie. I guess it makes some sense--these people wouldn't get hired if they weren't good--but it does feel a bit heavy-handed to put it mildly.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Maybe they can make Jo a somewhat annoying character who constantly disagrees with Mac.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree about the medal, but i'm not convinced about the counselling (and i'm definitely a feminist so i'm slightly perturbed that i'm not convinced!) - when danny shot that cop in s1, he had to go for mandatory psych eval, which i guess sort of hinted at counselling, especially when mac was so sceptical about allowing him back to full duties. but i do see what you mean otherwise. the problem i guess is if counselling is meant to happen every time, then the entire show would be taken up with it, so they have to pick and choose a bit - but it is annoying that they only pick the woman to show it for.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Exactly. Danny was a complete mess in "On the Job," but we never saw him in counseling. And again, Danny seemed pretty traumatized at the beginning of the episode; after being stalked and held at gunpoint by a serial killer (twice!), would the department really not make him go to counseling? Especially when he's already been shot.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ well, you'd think wouldn't you, especially after being almost killed/paralysed, if anyone needed some kind of post trauma talking it was him!

9. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

So far, I like the addition of Sela Ward. Knew that the tarantula guy was the killer as soon as he came on screen. It was an enjoyable episode. Can't believe Danny did that jump from one floor to the other especially since he wasn't able to walk about a year ago.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Shit!! She called my Adam a babbling idiot!! :wtf:

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The first episode I got into the show was actually the season finale from Season 6 then I caught up with TNT/Spike with re-runs.

Then I some how missed this episode and the next episode I saw is when I liked it.

When I first saw it, I didn't like Danville and how they brought her on. I liked Flack's hair and thought the members were a bit too causal with Jo. You have a new boss or second in command and you are acting like buddies with her, already? After reading the posts, I have noticed how relaxed Mac seems but I still kinda like Stella even though I think I like Jo more now.

I liked they finally finished the arc with Shane but thought it was too long of an arc.

Hated how she talked to Adam and put her hand on his face. Hello?!! Hands off!! :wtf:

There were some scenes with Adam and Danny then with Lindsay that just seemed out of place. In the DVD, Danny helps Adam then next scene after Mac leaves we see Danny talking to Lindsay. Did he finish with Adam or just say, Lindsay needs my help, bye pal.

I thought the case was okay though but it seems I just don't know the killer til the end.

Totally loved that part... Good job Adam!!

And Jo had said that Adam was the youngest by saying, I don't think Charles and Harriett would like to hear their youngest son...

That helps a lot when I do my Adam's mom story...

I wouldn't mind if they did that sometimes. :guffaw:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011