Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Shock Waves'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 27, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI’s eleventh season kicks off with a targeted bombing an LVPD funeral that kills two officers and rattles an already injured Nick. Synopsis: While Langston recovers in the hospital from serial killer Nate Haskell’s attack, Nick attends the funeral of Officer Franklin Clark, who was killed when he and Nick hunted down Charlie DiMasa, the [...]

More...

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Great review, Kristine! :)

The only thing I noticed..."Vartann shoots Alex" and "when Vartann shoots Nick ducks behind a police car". Actually, Nick was the first to shoot as he saw Alex go for his gun, and then he emptied his clip and went to reload to shoot more before Catherine stopped him. Very pertinent to the whole issue of his PTSD about the Jekyll shooting. :)

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I always look forward to your reviews Kristine. :D
    This one was no exception.

After reading and re-reading your review, I'm going to have to go with Smokey. I don't think it was Vartann that shot Alex, or killed him. I think it was the combination of all the officers shooting that dropped the young man, not just one person.

Nicky was the one who saw Alex go for his gun so I do believe it was Nick that initiated the fire fight. But that's me. And again, it goes along with Nicky's PTSD.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh yeah...and nothing at all against the review. It was spot on! :)

But I do think it was a very integral part of the plot, especially after Cath's talk with him. Then Nick saw for himself that he wasn't dealing with things appropriately and made the call for help toward the end.

Of course, I've watched the episode many times since and yes, definitely, Nick saw him go for the gun and shot as did Vartann, but Nick went for the overkill (no pun intended) and had to be stopped by Catherine.

I was just so afraid that it would turn out Alex WASN'T going for a gun and Nick shot him up!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Excellent review as always, Kristine! :D

I wasn't a fan of Bieber's performance. We saw all (or almost all) of his scenes in clips and previews before the episode even aired, and seeing them in context didn't improve my opinion of them. He could be a worse actor, don't get me wrong, but I think he should stick to singing. Not everybody can act just because they can sing, and handing out important roles to inexperienced people doesn't reflect well on the show. I'm not looking forward to him coming back - and the end of the episode made it obvious that he will be back. *sigh*

I loved the scene with Langston and Doc Robbins. Their friendship is definitely one of the best things about Laurence Fishburne joining the show - and anything that gives Robert David Hall some focus is great with me!

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks, guys! Fixed the bit about Nick. :)

Stunt casting is always risky. For every Taylor Swift (who did a great job), there are 10 Kim Kardashians! I'm not a fan of stunt casting, but using it for important guest roles seems especially risky. However, I imagine Bieber was a big get, and they probably wanted to use him for as many eps as they could get him for.

7. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

Top41: Agreed about Taylor Swift. I was frankly shocked at how good she was.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Great review Kristine thank's, very right on:bolian: It was a blockbuster premiere, but I say that evey season. I loved every minute of it. Cath has been a great leader as of late, and I also besides the Doc and Langston tender moment, the one with him and Sara as well. The cute banter between them, sweet and funny as well.. Great episode:bolian: Nick was fantastic~And the Beebs EWWW, creepy little demon, that snarky smirk at the end, chilling. He was deeply involved and fooled Nick and everyone else~

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Finally I watched the premiere and I think it was a great one!!:)

The case was good although it's pretty obvious that Bieber can't act.
    Kacey was nice and I'd like to see her again.She shares chemistry with Nick.:)

That was a nice episode for George Eads.His performance was great as always.Loved his interactions with Catherine about the shrink and we also had a mention about the beloved Warrick.:(

Langston and Robbins share a close friendship and the scene in the hospital is probably my favorite in the hole episode!!:)

Great review by the way!!:guffaw: