Castle.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by bumble_bee89, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide

Is Castle planning anything big this season besides the serial killer story arc?

ADAM: Creator Andrew Marlowe tells us that the success of last year's explosive two-parter with Dana Delany has him and his team planning a similar multi-night event for the spring. Naturally, details are sparse. "I can tell you that Beckett's apartment won't blow up this time," he jokes.

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I really enjoyed Castle monday. It isn't as high caliber as the CSI francise, but I do enjoy Nathan Fillion. He is hot and his humor amuses me. My problem is the two cop guys, they seem comically bad. But I will keep watching.

Why does Castle always wear purple shirts? It amuses me. He looks hot, but still odd to wear purple each week.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I enjoy watching Castle. Last the premiere was good. I agree it's no CSI. The twists seem repetitive and the plots are ordinary. What I enjoy on this show are the characters, especially Beckett and Castle. They are fun to watch together.

About the premiere, I felt it was too gimmicky - Castle on both crime scenes and him and Beckett appeared initially as pointing gun at each other. Sometimes, I just wish Beckett would crack the case. Most if the episodes Castle is the one solving. I know he holds the show title but it suggests that she can't do the job without help from him. She's the detective and please make her outshine Castle sometimes.

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Well, it was suggested at the end of the premiere that she DID figure it out before Castle - but let him say it first to win their bet. Ryan and Esposito definitely seemed like "sidekicks" in that episode though. :confused:

Both Castle and White Collar tend to do the same thing though - having the civilian solving the crimes through their unorthodox thinking giving them insights the police might not have.

It's definitely not the crimes themselves that make me like Castle so much. I love the humour - the interactions between the characters, and Castle himself - such a jerk, but so loveable. :)

5. Country233

Exactly. It makes me think of Music and Lyrics when Hugh Gratns character talks about only writing "dessert" songs. I take Castle as dessert and CSI shows as dinner. But of course I'm bias because I prefer Gary Sinise to Nathan Fillion.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I love Castle. The cases themselves borderline on ridiculous on occasion, but in reality the cases don't matter at all. It's more about the characters and the UST than the actual crime-solving, much like is the same with Bones.

Last night's episode was amusing. I liked the "if you don't believe in magic, you'll never be able to find it" or whatever the quote was. It's so something that Castle would say: sweet, but subtly so.

When psychic girl said that someone named Alexander was important to Beckett, I decided that the name had better have something to do with Castle, or I'd be very annoyed. So the end of the episode? Made me very happy.

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I got a kick out of last nights Castle. I knew that Alexander would relate to Castle in one way or another. :)

I felt bad for Castle's mom, she seemed so sad, broke my heart :(

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The best part about the Alexander thing is that Beckett was basically like "well, I don't know any Alexanders, so you're wrong." And then at the end of the episode, after she finds out Castle's middle name and he leaves, the look on her face made me smile. Yeah, he's important.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Martha for a second. Poor woman. Plus, you could tell that she felt guilty even when really she shouldn't. :(

9. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

So does this mean he's going to save her life again? Or is the psychic just late in her prediction, since he already has? :)

I like how Castle tried to cheer his mom up. He can be such a jerk sometimes, especially with Beckett, but he was really sweet with his mom there.

10. Country233

Yes, last night's show was my fav Castle that I've seen. Admittedly I just started watching the series. But the crime was a little trickier and wasn't as easy to figure out before the end.

It was such an "aww" moment with the Alexander thing. My friend Sidnie was watching it and we were texting. She said, "They're so going to get married."

Castle's mom was sad. We've all had those relationships that had to end because one person loved the other way too much. It sucks, but it has to be done.

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Love this show. The psychic episode was really good and I liked how they never disproved or proved whether she was a real psychic or not. Castle was so cute how he was eager to believe she really was a psychic :lol:

This week: "They named their kid Random...no wonder he turned to crime."

"Hispanic and cocky. Uh-huh you definitely die first." :lol:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I saw a preview for next week's episode during CSI tonight.. time travel?! Looks interesting..

It almost seems like they're trying too hard to throw obstacles at Castle/Beckett's romance, with his ex (who hasn't really been mentioned that much lately though), and her old partner.. I know there has to be some reason they don't just get together, but it just seems a bit contrived lately. I'm still enjoying the show without the romantic tension though. Glad Ryan and Esposito got more to do this episode too.

13. Country233

Yes, it is very contrived and it just gets old. I mean, Mulder and Scully had sexual tension for all those years of the X-Files, but they handled it better than Castle and Beckett ever do. Some of their scenes are so freaking awkward.

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Tonight's episode.. scary! :eek:

"I love you mom" = "send the police" :guffaw:

Sweet moment between Castle and Beckett at the end there. :adore:

15. Country233

Hmm, surprised the topic got shoved aside. I think this season of Castle is really good. Every time I watch it, I like it a little more.