George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy_me_111

happy_me_111 Police Officer

Oh my gosh you guys I am so happy I could just cry! :hugegrin:

The responses have been just awesome! :D Its great to look back and remember the moments from the seasons I've watched, and I'm so looking forward to the Nick-centric scenes that I have missed in three seasons of absence!

Thank you for your enthusiastic and detailed responses! I have an episode list now that I need to start working my way through. Definitely looking forward to it. :luvlove:

I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the lists given...maybe a slide show or some video mash-ups of Nick's greatest scenes. Wherever the project takes me, I will thoroughly enjoys every moment with George Eads. :drool:

Again, thanks so much!

2. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I'm just going to point to those epic and amazing lists already posted and say "me too" :thumbsup:

But my favorite favorite Nick moment is from The good, the bad, and the dominatrix (season 7). It works best in quote form:
    Warrick Brown: [on picking up the victims purse] This thing's heavier than my kit. Ever get hit in the head with one of these?
    Nick Stokes: No, gentlemen don't get hit in the head with those.

Hee! :lol: What can I say, I'm a sucker for a snarky one liner.

3. happy_me_111

Speaking of snarky one liners, I don't remember the episode and I'm too lazy to figure it out, but I do remember watching a scene where Grissom and Nick are out around a rail road track. Grissom is processing the body, which has been decapitated, and Nick is searching for the head.

I think Grissom mentions that the head might be bald or whatever, and Nick says something like, "Yes, well, that will help me to distinguish it from the other severed heads I find out here."

I remember literally laughing out loud for a good ten seconds at least. :lol:

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

:lol: I loved that line. Was in Way to Go.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah that one was funny!!! Probably one of my favourite Nick Stokes lines.:lol:

6. happy_me_111

Oh yes, that was the episode. Thanks much. :)

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I went out shopping this afternoon and I was intending to buy myself a movie but the store didn't have the movie but they did have season 10 of CSI :) :) and I just finished watching Appendicitement :lol: George, Eric, Jon and Wally are a hoot on the commentary :lol: If your intentions are to skip the 'B' part don't cause they have some comments throughout the story.

Some of the comments that stood out.

George was talking about the smoke that is used around the flashlights. Apparently Ken Fink likes to use a lot of smoke and it takes about 2 days for the smoke to leave your lungs :eek:

George also commented on his accent :adore: It seems that when he was working with Earl Brown, the guy that played Slick, George had to watch his accent after working with Earl Brown. Now George that's not nice cause we love it when your accent is nice and thick :adore:

Wally's response to that was 'drawl out the drawl'.

The 4 guys were talking about working with Rebecca Wisocky and Earl Brown who played Shirley and Slick. Eric commented that working with these two they were real pros and that they just wiped the floor with us.

These are just some of the snippets from the dvd. Definitely worth watching again and again and again and again :D

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I got mine yesterday - I wasn't sure I would, then I looked online and it was cheaper than I'd expected. I asked at the store, and the price was just low until Thursday or something, so of course I bought it. :)

Appendicitement commentary.. very good! Right from the introductions.. :lol:

I think it was Wally, pointed out that they were still wearing masks in one of the driving shots (after they'd taken them off) - I'd never noticed that..

George "cheated" having seen the car stunt beforehand. Then saying what I think every time I watch it: "I don't know if that's the best place to stick that gun." :lol:

On the B story - "out of fairness, we will not be dead silent during the story we're not in" They keep going right to the end of the credits too (some commentaries end as soon as the episode does).

Watching it for the third time now - I definitely agree, worth watching over and over! :D

Also.. for those who look at the spoiler pic thread - is that another different ring?

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You may be right. The one in the "Blood Moon" pics looks more round than the one in "Shock Waves".

I need to look into getting the DVD set soon! Sounds like George's part of the commentary is :adore: . :) And the rest of them... :lol:

10. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I might be in the minority, but I wasn't thrilled with their commentary. There wasn't enough George for me.

11. Smokey

Being careful not to spoil, but loving the Nick bits tonight. :) I think the episode really belonged to Cath, but Nick had good presence. I loved how he
    supported Hodges...in their odd "guy" way. :lol:

And I think
    his "appointment" he mentioned early on was probably with the psychologist, don't you think?

12. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Most definitely. It's nice that they're showing continuity from last week.

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I thought the same about the appointment.

Loved the scene with Hodges. Guys being guys. "Last thing I need's another explosion." :lol:

I also liked Drops asking Nick to help him out. They sort of seemed to connect in Drops Out, despite always being at odds with each other.

For future reference, what time is it safe to post without spoiler tags?

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yes..finally..

15. Smokey

After the show has aired in its entirety on the west coast. :) So that would be after 1:00AM Eastern time.

In reference to your comment in the spoiler tag....
    I liked that too, but I would have rather Drops called him "Crime Lab" like he used to! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.