Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Fancast:

‘Law & Order: UK’ Comes To The U.S. October 3

Donnnnnng… Donnnnnng….

That’s Big Ben doing his best (albeit regal) impersonation of the ‘Law & Order‘ “doink-doink,” to celebrate the news that ‘Law & Order: UK’ is skipping across the pond so that U.S. TV viewers can get a look-see.

Set in and around London, ‘L&O: UK’ works off scripts from NBC’s original ‘Law & Order’ and then adapts them to jibe with the UK legal system as well as fold in a few uniquely British twists.

The ITV series – starring Jamie Bamber (’Battlestar Galactica’), Bradley Walsh, Freema Agyeman (’Doctor Who’), Harriet Walter and Ben Daniels – will make its Stateside premiere on BBC America Sunday, October 3, at 10:30/9:30c. The rest of the episodes (26 in total are set to hit BBCA) will unspool Fridays at 9/8c.

2. Destiny

Source: Yahoo! News

D'Onofrio back on `Criminal Intent' for season 10

LOS ANGELES – "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is coming back for its tenth — and possibly last — season with former star Vincent D'Onofrio on board.

USA Network said Tuesday that D'Onofrio, who left the series after season eight, will return as police Detective Robert Goren.

"Criminal Intent," part of the "Law & Order" franchise created by Dick Wolf, started on NBC.

Eight new episodes will air in 2011 and are intended to wrap up the series, USA Network said. But a USA executive and Wolf indicated that might change.

An air date for "Criminal Intent" wasn't announced.

Source: EW

'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' renewed for 10th and final season

THIS JUST IN: USA Network has renewed Law & Order: Criminal Intent for a 10th and final season with original star Vincent D’Onofrio back in the driver’s seat as Detective Goren.

“Only time will tell if this is a fond farewell or a renaissance for Detective Robert Goren,” teased exec producer Dick Wolf, “but everyone is ecstatic about going back to work on a show that’s a passion for all of us.”

The eight-episode farewell season kicks off in 2011.

3. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

Exclusive: A First Look at the New SVU Headquarters

On the fourth episode of Law & Order: SVU, a flood will render the show's 16th Precinct all but unusable — hence the title of the fifth episode: "Wet." While they wait for their new, drier digs to be ready, Benson and Stabler will work out of a mobile command center, which will be parked on the streets of New York. Associate producer Mike Ciliento gives us a tour of the cozy new space.

Sorry folks almost posted this as a regular article, then I re-read it and close call cause it has spoilers in it lol. BTW there is a link in it and you will have to go to the link to see what they are talking about.

4. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I've heard that SVU has moved production onto the original L&O's set. This could be interesting.

The first two episodes of the season were outstanding. SVU keeps getting better after a rough couple of years.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

As for L and O UK. It's great. I've watched it (or tried) and it has its British touch. I don't know how to explain better.. it just, British shows have their own athmosphere.

Anyways, they are finally showing all three at the same time. I always forget SVU, CI I try to watch, it's season 4. For original, I don't even know what season :lol: I watched it last week and erm.. Fred Thompson had left and Waterston's Jack had taken his place, well there was Alana but other ADA and cops were too... strange.

As for news CI, I think it was ok how they left with Goren, I was just shock since I hadn't read any spoilers :lol: But Vincent is so great so I cannot wait to see what they do. I hope it's good.

Perhaps they dig that Aussie from somewhere (or did they kill her finally at some point?)

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I saw one episode of L&O: UK. I agree, it was "British" in feel - but also still felt very "L&O" too. It wasn't bad, although I'm getting rather tired of L&O in general (I find the court parts boring, so I prefer SVU to the original/UK), so I doubt I'll go out of my way to watch more of it.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Finally getting arond to commenting on the premiere. SUV. So great , so exciting and so riveting. I was thrilled to see Peter Strauss, he's been out of the filming business for years, due to the fact he raises citrus groves, up in Northern California. He's one of my favorite actors, and I was thrilled to see him back on the TV screen. he's still so great. And Joan Cusak also so good really melodramatic. THe kidnapping and finding her 10 years later, and they seemd to be under an umbrella of suspicion. And the adopted daughter, lying and saying things that were untrue. The ending, finding her with a old mountain man something like the real life case of Jaycee Dugard. The reunion with her parents. Mariska and her partner and Ice-T all so good. Fantastic premiere:bolian:

8. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

it was a very good episode. i could not leave the tv until the end.

9. Destiny

Source TvGuide

Law & Order: Los Angeles Carries the Torch to the Other Coast

At first glance, the set of the latest Law & Order, looks familiar. Binders are marked "homicides" and "robberies." But, there are detailed city maps — of Los Angeles. Upon closer view, there's a Dodgers cap. Outside the window lie the ever bustling 101 and 110 freeways.

It doesn't look like we're in New York anymore.

After 20 years, Law & Order is moving west for its fourth spinoff, Law & Order: Los Angeles, premiering Wednesday at 10/9c on NBC.

"At first, I thought it was ridiculous. Law & Order is synonymous with New York," star Corey Stoll tells TVGuide.com. "Then I realized it's what the show needed to expand and take on new life. I really think the die-hard fans are going to love it, even the most begrudging New York snobs, myself included."

New York is the only backdrop Law & Order has ever known — including spinoffs Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: Trial by Jury. The Los Angeles version, LOLA for short, will premiere barely six months after the unexpected cancellation of the original series just short of what would have been its record-setting 21st year on the air.

"I don't think there would be a LOLA at this moment if the mothership was still on," longtime Law & Order executive producer and LOLA showrunner Rene Balcer says. "For us, its evolution, it's a new creative challenge. Rebooting the franchise is always a good thing."

This change reaches far beyond just trading the classic walk-and-talk for the ride-and-talk (thanks to Los Angeles traffic).

"For 20 years, Law & Order existed in almost the same New York every week," executive producer Blake Masters (Brotherhood) says. "Southern California is like a mosaic of little neighborhoods that don't really blend into each other that much and that's great. Instead of fighting that, we decided to make that the core idea of the show."

Star Alfred Molina, who remembers watching the original when he and his wife immigrated to the States, says this new series is also a little bit darker than the original. "I think that's one reason why the writers wanted to set a version of the show here. There's a whole side to this city that's waiting to be seen," he says.

Although producers say there will be slightly deeper backstories for the characters, the producers know not to tamper too much with the structure that has given the franchise such legs.

"At the same time, it's important to allow the characters to be different and to give you different shades of what it is to be a cop. [Also], by coming to LA, to give you a whole new world to explore where crime is a little different," Masters says. "It will always be Law & Order because there will always be new and interesting ways" people commit crimes.

10. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Jennifer Love Hewitt's performance on SVU was Emmy worthy last night, but I fell asleep halfway through LOLA. I thought it was extremely boring. I was looking forward to it all week... sad.

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ Many new shows have the problem that they try way too hard.

And show premiere wasn't too exiciting. I mean, not an episode that gets you hooked on right away. And I do have problem with Skeet Ulrich. He's always been the bad one for me. :lol:

12. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I'm loving the new series of UK at the moment, we're on S3 I believe. The only problem that I have is that the seasons are so short compared to Criminal Intent and SVU and the original, but I do like the UK one, plus it has Jamie Bamber :), and I'm liking Alesha. I actually like the court side of things in this, though I still love the rest of it, but it's still interesting to learn stuff about our legal system that I didn't know about.

I love SVU as well, not watched it in awhile but I still love that one, and I keep hoping Elliot and Olivia are going to get together. But who knows. I need to catch up on SVU.

As for CI I've not watched that either for awhile, need to catch up with that. I could never get into the original one, I did try and watched a few episodes, but it didn't really take my fancy to be honest.

New York is the only backdrop Law & Order has ever known

Uh well not really, because there's Law & Order: UK.

Totally didn't know that there was going to be another spin-off, interesting, has it started then, might have to check it out, see what it's like.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This is the review of SUV, and the guest Jennifer Love Hewitt, she was fabulous. I'd never watched "The Ghost Whsperer" but she was fantastic, The freak-show all all a serial rapist who'd been doing this to her and others acorss the U.S. as we find out for 20 years. She was teriffied and ID'd him in a line-up, but the system was flawed. The rape kits, were deteriorated and it took some digging and sifting by Olivia and her team to find out. She had to confront him in court. Riveting to say the least. They did nail this low-life scum bag. EWWWW:klingon:

14. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

It's a Boy for Law & Order's Alana de la Garza

Former Law & Order star Alana de la Garza has welcomed a son.

Kieran Thomas Roberts was born Sept. 28 and weighed in at 9 pounds, 13 ounces, the actress wrote in an e-mail to Latina.com.

Law & Order's Alana de la Garza expecting first child

"He is here! I'm in looooove!" de la Garza, 34, wrote.

Kieran is the actress' first child with husband Michael Roberts, whom she married in 2008.

15. Destiny

Source: Yahoo! news

Kathryn Erbe returns to `Law & Order: CI'

LOS ANGELES – USA Network says Kathryn Erbe is coming back to "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" for the drama's 10th and final season.

Erbe will be reunited with Vincent D'Onofrio, who's also returning to the crime drama for its last year.

Series creator Dick Wolf said Friday that he's grateful Erbe agreed to rejoin what Wolf called one of TV's best detective teams.

Eight new episodes of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" starring Erbe as New York police Detective Eames and D'Onofrio as Detective Goren will air starting in 2011. The debut date was not announced.