"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2010.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

I just thought it was an odd note . . . and usually those things aren't thrown in for no particular reason. I mean, when has Sara ever said she was tired? Suffering from burnout, yes, but she seems to have gotten over that. Still, you could be right and it was just a throwaway line, and a reason to take Greg to the scene, thus giving him more screen time.

2. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Like they said it was a really explosive episode :shifty: but i didn't get bored as much as i expected.

Everyone was tired and injured: Ray was in the hospital and helped the case :wtf: , Nick was shot and blown up and emotionally tired ,Sara was tired maybe shocked, Brass's eye was ouch! , Greg and Vartan got blown up... At least lady leader was there for them as a friend and as a good boss.Go woman! Marg, don't leave ! :scream:

I don't know what to feel Sara is a regular again and the new tech. No positive or negative feelings from me. Which means it doesn't bother me or i just don't even care. Not sure...

I liked the Greg's scenes and also Nick and Cath's talking was so touching. They should have done that before.
    It was nice to see Eickle, Brass and Cath working together.

Don't know what else to say.

3. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

To everyone saying the gun miraculously appeared in Nick's hand during the teaser... I slowed down the footage a lot, and he does in fact pull it from his side as the cops are running at him... it's very brief and partially cut off but there is a very distinct motion of him pulling his arm up from his back right with gun in hand before he fires it into the ground.

4. agneskenya

agneskenya Victim

Hi everyone,

first post on CSI files for me! I watched all the eps, but never registered on a community before. Maybe I should have to help me through the last season (I first thought that Grissom's departure didn't change too much of my liking in the show, although I missed him dearly, but I got disinterested over time, slowly...and those ridiculous SLs didn't help...until I found at the end of last season that I might not really care anymore; so being in a place like this would have certainly helped ease my distress ;-) )

I mostly enjoyed the premiere, especially because it was so character centered.

I mean, Nick FINALLY going to see a shrink? After what happened in S5, it was about time...I was actually expecting a little something about in S6, but it never came...
    And I find that GE has gotten better and better over time. I rewatched Gum Drops a few weeks ago...He was amazing, but in S11E1, I found him mind blowing in the funeral scene.

Now, as a GSR, Wedges AND Vartlows fan (before any of them happened, I swear), I also have to say that CSI has made me extremely happy on the ships side...
    and I enjoyed the Cath/Vartann scenes in this ep.

Bieber: even though he wasn't extremely bad, his character needed someone much stronger, or at least someone whose background IS acting IMHO. No way I see the sociopath in him. They should have changed his clothes + HAIRCUT. I mean, it's JB's trademark, but he's acting in CSI...a little effort on that part would have been good.

I think Ray has too much screentime, but I always liked the way he was integrated to the team so fast. Robert David Hall giving him the cane was great.
    I actually wondered why Langston looked so bad/sad on his hospital bed...I figured "he has another kidney, and he's alive"...I would never have expected his answer, and I thought it was brilliant. And the advice from the Doc...

This ep was really about them supporting each other as a team...the actual SL with the bomber didn't really strike a chord, but everything else did.

I'm glad to see that JF is really back. She's my fav character with Hodges.
    I still don't get why Wendy has to go though, especially if it's to replace her with another new character who won't stick around...
    I love my lab rats!

Finally, and this is where I want to say "?????????" what happened to the lab?????
    all those new rooms the morgue didn't look the same, the office where Ecklie was talking with Cath and Brass didn't seem familiar either, the interview room with Nick and JB...
    Anyone has a take on that, or did I miss something?

Cheers!

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, it cuts away from Nick for a moment, to the cops running towards him. When it cuts back to him, his right arm is behind him (presumably reaching for his gun), then some lady with a black hat gets in the way for a moment. When she passes, he's got the gun out and is moving it to aim at the ground.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I didn't exactly call it a miracle (not like Grissom's magic flashlight, eh Praetor? :lol: ), but thanks for clearing it up. :)

Welcome to the forum, agneskenya! :)

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

You're all very observant. I didn't even notice the "magically appearing gun" :lol: but thanks for clearing it up anyways! :p

As for the Sara being pregnant... Hmm to me it seems a little out of place... I could never see Sara and Grissom having a child, but that's just me. I don't think her being tired had to do with that though. It was probably just a long day for her. 5 coworkers were either injured or caught in bombs (or both. Poor Nick :() in this episode. :p

Welcome to the boards agneskenya! Hope you have fun here! :D

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hi agneskenya :) I agree with a lot of what you posted, I think having a lot of attention to the characters made the premiere likeable, they don't have to have a lot of character stuff every ep but a few here and there are always nice:thumbsup:

Ya know it might have helped JB's character if they had changed his hair or something, it would have made his character feel more darker and troubled, but his fans probably would of had heart attcks if something happened to his hair :eek::lol: that should be what his next ep is about, the CSI's have to solve the mystery of what happened to JB's hair :guffaw:

CBS letting go of Wendy (Liz Vassey) :mad: has to do with the fact that their paying Charlie Sheen like $1.2 million per ep on Two and a Half Men, they had to make cuts somewhere :mad: and it's not just CSI feeling the $ cuts

The lab did seems different but I think it was cause there was more lights on throughout the lab like in the interrogation room, am I the only one that saw this????

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hello, agneskenya. Nice to see a new face.:)

About the lab being different, I don't think anything was changed particularly. Quite frankly, there wasn't that much of the lab shown in the episode. The morgue did look a little larger but I think that might be because they had two bodies in autopsy at the same time.

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I was capping, so I saw it frame by frame. :)

Hi, and welcome. :)

The room where Nick interviewed Bieber looked like the observation room, from a different angle than usual, and with all the lights turned on.

The room where Ecklie, Brass, and Catherine were teleconferencing with Ray (about how to do their jobs, of course) was the police bullpen. It's been used before, sometimes for talking to witnesses, or when they're looking for 911 recordings, etc (the scene I remember in particular was Warrick asking for a recording of that officer in All for Our Country, and the operator flirting with him).

The morgue scenes were in the wash room, not the actual autopsy room. Again, it was a different angle and more brightly lit. Part of the room was the same, but the part Robbins was in has changed (since season 5 at least).

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I forgot about the flashlight! :lol:

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know what would have been very funny?!

If it had been Hodges standing in front of Nick instead of Catherine when Nicky barfed.

Hodges: My BEST SHOES...damn you Nick Stokes..

Nick: Uh..what did you say

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

:lol:

14. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

:guffaw:Now THAT would have been a really funny scene!! :guffaw:

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Ahhh...yeah...hilarious!

Anyway, a few thoughts!

It wasn't all that bad I suppose. I still wasn't fond of Bieber and his acting skills, but I will agree with the few that commented on his last scene...with that evil smirk...it was well done. And to me, he looked so out of place in that community group meeting. Oh well, hopefully he'll either do better in the follow up episode later in the season with some acting classes beneath his belt by then or have very little lines to say. I mean, he wasn't THAT horrible...just not great.

I wasn't to fond of Ray still insisting on working from a hospital bed just after surgery. I know the hospital, in general, can be long and boring but the others are more then qualified to handle a scene. But I must say, I did like the scene between him and Doc, when Doc gave him that cane. Very thoughtful.

And I especially liked the scene between Nick and Catherine...you know, their talk. When Nick was in the lab trying to process some evidence and he seemed to be having a hard time emotionally. Cath was both professional, requesting he talk to someone, yet at the same time, came across as a caring friend. It was nice to see her concern from both aspects. For him and the safety of the lab.

I missed not seeing Hodges. But I knew he never had any real involvement in the finale, and with the premiere picking up from where they left off and with all the "explosions"...well, there wasn't a real need for him in the episode. I will however, be looking for him next week though.

So I honestly think I can give the episode as a whole, an 8 out of 10. Not to bad of a start to the new season. Lets just hope they can keep it going.