"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Ahhhhh....back home with the DVR. :D So, on a second look, now I can get nit-picky. :lol:

Nick holding his empty right hand up and yelling "Go back!" and the next second there's a gun in it.

Brass said someone put the bomb in Clark's casket at the funeral home because "It's open 24-7 and no security". Huh??!! :wtf: What the heck kind of funeral home is that??

And if I hadn't already known they were at Clark's funeral, it was obvious from the transition with Ray at the hospital to the cemetery that they wanted the un-spoiled to think Ray had died. ;)

Poor Nick! :( After they shot the brother down I thought, oh man...he's gonna turn out to have been reaching for a cell phone or something and now Nick's killed an unarmed man!

I'm also wondering...Nick may have told Clark to check the back at the restaurant before he got killed, but that's kind of the cop's job when they are on a scene with a CSI, isn't it? I mean, they are supposed to be the cops and securing things, not the CSIs. It's still very guilt-worthy, but it's not like Nick was in charge of the cop.

2. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I recorded it so I plan on watching it again this weekend :)

Haha my dad gagged when Nick threw up. Surprisingly he liked Kasey but pointed out her accent would get on his nerves. I really like her so I'd get used to it.

I didn't mention it but I saw other people did. Sara/Cath locker room scene? Was it just me or was that totally unlike Sara? Yes she's had her burnout and I couldn't imagine how tired the team was but too tired to drive home? She's distracted and I'm thinking we'll see more later on...

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agree on the locker room scene. Had to be more to Sara not wanting to go home. Hmmmm....

I forgot in my post to rant about Ray. :lol: Seriously? He had to be in communication with Greg for him to look for an airplane in the cemetery?? :rolleyes: Thank goodness, or they never would have found it! And he had to be in communication with Nick and Kacey so HE could tell HER why there was ice there?? That was all just too silly.

4. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I absolutely loved this episode! There was a ton of action and Sara is a regular again!! :D I was upset that Liz isn't there anymore and Hodges was cut from the intro (or did I blink and miss him?)... Otherwise, I thought it was a great episode. But poor Nick! How much more can he go through? Getting shot, getting caught in bombs! I'm glad he called the therapist though. Well I'm not going to comment on Ray working from the hospital bed or Justin Bieber... But the new bomb tech was kinda cool. I didn't mind her, but I miss Wendy...

I am looking forward to next week's episode!!! :D

5. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Okay, why did I get a Bone Collector feel as I watched Ray, which I thought was ridiculous at best. Flashes of Denzel Washington kept dancing before my eyes.

Nicky was great...(aka George Eads) I loved that we might get a glimpse into the psyche of our Nicky who has been buried alive, shot, tossed from a window, stalked, blown up,almost shot, treated like a red headed step child by the one man whom he admired, lost his best friend, almost shot the man who killed his best friend, dealt with a death he felt responsible for (The Taylor Swift epi) and he had to do it all on his own. Well, Nicky you deserve a shrink son....it is about time!

Catherine, you finally grew some attitude, way to talk back to Brass and show that you are in charge, Not Ray. Loved it!

Also loved the private talk with Nick and Catherine, like old times, he has always trusted her, it is a good relationship.

Missed Brass's sarcasm, hateful does not fit him.

Loved that Greg saved Vartann. Way to go Greggo!

All in all it was a very good episode, can't wait until next Thursday!

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i didn't really watch CSI last season too much so i was a bit confused with what was going on but i gotta say that this was a really good way to start the season.

first let me start off with this.... Sara is freakin AWESOME!!!! that punch blew my mind i loved seeing her do something like that! i had a major freak out in front of my little brother he gave me such a look lol. seeing Sara back as a regular is great i missed her so much.

poor Nick i feel so bad that he was all torn up about the dead cop and the bomb. George Eads does such a fantastic job playing Nick, he always has. he's the only guy actor that it's not painful to see him get emotional and cry on camera he just does it so well.

i like the new girl Kacey. i had to do a double take she looked exactly like Peyton/Claire Florani from CSI:NY. i liked her and Nick together.... maybe they'll be in some more scenes together under better circumstances.

i really just want to know why Justin Bieber had to be on it. i am not a fan of his at and this was a crappy ratings ploy.

whenever i see an episode of CSI after not watching it in so long when i see the cast and how great they are together and as separate characters i remember why this is one of my all time favorite shows. it just gets better. "Shock Waves" was really good, it seems like it was a good continuation of last years story while at the same time creating another compelling story.

7. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

Responding to your rant, Ray found the plane on the video footage, probably had a decent idea of the direction it was going and the general place Greg should look, hence being in communication. As for the ice bit go back and re-watch it, Kasey tells him why the ice was there, he simply asks her why the bomber would need ice pretty much.

I liked this episode, after rewatching it I do find some aspects very odd... the entire teaser is just very surreal. But overall the episode is a solid 85% for me. Character moments made the episode though for sure.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Damn you got good eyes girl!!!:lol: Yeah I thought there was something very strange about the scene but you nailed it.

The storyline was excellent, but the character moments as someone mentioned above were awesome. Nick and Catherine scenes were well done. I loved both the scene where she tells Nick that he was not going to 'John Wayne it" Cripes! We've been saying that for years. Also the scene where he shot the suspect and she told him to drop his gun. Good stuff.

Yeah this is one of my favourite episodes.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Technically it wasn't a crime scene at that point. All Nick and Ray knew was that the restaurant owner was the next victim. But yes, it is the cops job to protect the CSI's and secure the scene. I'm not sure how the chain of command works between CSI's and uniformed officers though, but Nick's order to the cop to check out what the guy (who at that point wasn't a suspect) was doing in the kitchen wasn't a bad order. Nick's probably had other cops do the same thing on crime scenes before.

But the fact remains - from Nick's POV certainly - that he told the cop to go into the other room and the cop died as a result. Even though Nick didn't nothing wrong legally or procedurally, he's still going to be totally blaming himself, because that's the type of guy he is (and boy did he need a hug or several during the ep)

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought it was a great season premiere . . . and, like others, I really wasn't expecting to like it all that much. I do still feel they are working perhaps a little too hard to win our sympathy for Ray, and it's the "working too hard" part that I'm uncomfortable with, as I have liked and accepted Ray's character from the get-go.

Does anyone think that the reason Sara was so tired is that she may be pregnant? That thought crossed my mind.

I do hope they don't go bomb-crazy all season long. But they've showed restraint with this sort of thing in the past, in terms of not having the serial killer or recurring crime show up in every single episode. So hopefully that will be the case this season, too.

I loved the interaction between Nick and Cath. That really resolved a few things and showed us that the writers haven't forgotten the past, so we got some good continuity there. And those actors are so good together.

As for the bomb tech, I know a lot of folks are questioning why she's there, but I get a strong feeling it's because Marg and/or Jorja won't be there much longer, so they've got to start giving other female characters a test-run to see how well they play with audiences. I was OK with her, not really moved one way or the other.

Re: J.B., the writers wisely kept his role minimal, and I was fine with that. Honestly, if I hadn't known who he was (and I really don't know all that much about him), I would've thought he was just another kid actor. He wasn't as awful as I expected, and I thought he pulled off the evil grin at the end rather well. Yet I couldn't help but think, "Bad Justin Bieber, baaad!"

All in all, I give this episode an 8 out of 10.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That whole thing is getting old. They did the same think on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with the Cordelia character in "Lover's Walk". Although all of that was in one episode. :lol: But still, old ploy.

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

:D eeeeep you weren't the only one...

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It could be a case of not disclosing information to the family. Many of the specific details of a case are not revealed to the public. In this instance, it could be that the family only heard that Nick was with Clark during the shooting and that Nick survived, but Clark didn't. The family may hold that fact against Nick because they don't know specific details.

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

My husband (who doen't keep up with spoilers and cast changes at all) had the same reaction, as he had a sharp intake of breath when they first showed the family. I knew that Fishburne had signed on for another year, but I didn't say anything. So, for some, the ploy worked . . . at least briefly.

I also meant to say earlier that I like the friendship that has developed between Doc Robbins and Ray. Doc Robbins' gift of the cane was especially touching, and I enjoy how it's giving Robert David Hall a well-deserved chance to shine.

Greg also got a lot more screen time than I was expecting, so it was good to see balanced writing for all the characters.

15. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

:wtf:Nooo...please don't say that. The whole idea just makes me cringe uncomfortably for some reason. I can't imagine a love child running around Grissom and Sara's place. I can't even imagine Grissom and Sara's place. Maybe she just misses Grissom or is just exhausted from working the Dr.Jekyll and funeral explosion cases back to back?