Bones #3: To Resist Is Futile

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

She doesn't have to, all she has to do is stand in her office and tell her what she will charge. :lol:

2. Destiny

Source: EW

Question: What’s this I’m hearing about a sniper stalking the Bones gang this season?

Ausiello:
    “We’ve got someone worse than the Gravedigger coming,” teases Hanson. “And if the Gravedigger is Evil Brennan, this next person is Evil Booth.” Sounds like a sniper to me. “Booth was a sniper,” Hanson points out, “so it may be a sniper.” In related news, sources confirm to me exclusively that Hart Hanson is legally changing his name to Teasy McTeaserson.

Question: Can you give us any sort of clue as to who is going to die on Bones? Is it a series regular?

Ausiello:
    I’m 92 percent certain it is not a series regular. Hanson, meanwhile, would only tell me “it’s someone we know.” This Just In: Hart Hanson is changing his name yet again. He will now be known as Cryptic McCrypticson.

3. Destiny

Source: TvGuide. Returning Fall Shows Pictures - Where we left off.

A little tidbit nothing we don't already know. But I will still use the box.

Bones
    Premieres:
    Thursday, Sept. 23 at 8/7c

Where We Left Off: Bones decided to take a year off to do research and to get some perspective on her relationship with Booth, who returned to the Army in Afghanistan. After their wedding, Angela and Hodgins moved to Paris

The gang is all reunited to defend Camilla, who causes a stir with the news media. But Booth returns to town with a new girlfriend, a journalist he met in Afghanistan.

4. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

Got any more scoop on Bones' new season?

ADAM:
    We hear the show is looking to add a Bill Nye the Science Guy type to woo Brennan... to appear as a guest on his popular children's TV show. Bones brushes off the request because she doesn't see him as a serious scientist. But when he persists, Brennan makes him a deal: She'll do his show if he can help her solve a murder.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why did I suddenly get an image of Michael Shanks as this character? That would be awesome if they cast him.

6. Destiny

I hate to do this, your hopes being high but they named the actor.

Bones Exclusive: David Alan Grier to Woo Brennan?

David Alan Grier has been tapped to guest-star as a Bill Nye the Science Guy type on Bones, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Grier will play Professor Bunsen Jude the Science Dude, a quirky host of a children's TV program. As we first reported, he comes to the Jeffersonian Institute hoping to get Brennan (Emily Deschanel) on his show as a guest scientist.

When Brennan scoffs at Jude's offer because she doesn't consider him a serious scientist, Jude volunteers to work with the "squinterns" to help solve a murder case. Brennan agrees to appear on Jude's show if he is successful.

Grier is best known for his work on the Fox variety show In Living Color and the short-lived NBC sitcom DAG. He also recently competed on the eighth season of Dancing with the Stars.

Bones returns Thursday, Sept. 23 at 8/7c on Fox. Grier's appearance is scheduled to air in mid-October.

^^ Source: TvGuide

Question: We already know that Booth met someone during Bones‘ time jump. But what about Brennan? She didn’t actually go an entire year without romance, did she?

Ausiello:
    No, she didn’t. She went seven months without getting any. That’s technically how much time will have passed when the season starts up. In related news, Brennan is in what exec producer Stephen Nathan calls a “surprising situation” when we meet up with her on that archaeological dig in Indonesia.

Question: I love your Bones scoops. Could I pretty please have another one?

Ausiello:
    All this talk about a Bones character getting killed off may be much ado about bupkes. “Whether or not we’re going to have an actual fatality is still under discussion,” maintains Nathan. “And if it happens, it would be later in the season.”

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  7. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Trivia question that I'll put in spoilers to avoid any newbies.

For various reasons, I always miss the later Gravedigger episodes. I caught the first Gravedigger episode last night. Did that female journalist who helped the ex-FBI agent write the book turn out to be the Gravedigger?

8. Destiny

Elayne, Wikipedia has your answer click here Tells you from start to finish about the Grave Digger. ;)

Also tv.com recaps/Summeries of the Grave digger eps.
    "Aliens In Spaceship #2x9"
    "The Hero in the hold #4x14"
    "The Boy With the answers #5x21"

Hope this helps. But Wikipedia does give the best summery of it all short and to the point. But Tv.com tends to have quotes from the episodes, while the first ep does have the total recap, the other two don't have the total but rather a summery of the ep.

But incase you can't read all those right away I will tell you, no to your answer and who is the

United States Attorney Heather Taffet is the serial killer and kidnapper known as The Grave Digger

Hope that helps. :)

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol:
    I don't think I can take him seriously in a role ... I can't wait for this episode to see if he proves me wrong :lol:

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

SoBrennan really isn't going to be jealous of Booth's new girlfriend on Bones? — Tina
    ADAM: Executive producer Stephen Nathan says that Brennan will no doubt wrestle with regret about her decisions last season, but it may be Booth who torpedoes his new relationship. "He has forged a new life for himself emotionally," Nathan says. "Of course, all of this occurred when he was not around Brennan. So Brennan's presence in the mix will alter the relationship — it just has to. He's moved on, but whether he continues to move on is another thing entirely."

So in (TV)reality, as much as he tried, he can't. I don't want Brennan to be the reason why Booth & the new girlfriend break up. You can't really be with one person when you are in love with another, its not fair to anyone involved. I wonder if the new girlfriend will realize it as well...I mean you gotta be blind to not see it right :lol:

Question: Can I just say that your interviews were so cute I just want to pinch your cheeks. Now do you have any good Bones spoilers? —Madeline
    Ausiello:
    You can touch the cheeks, but no pinching. They bruise easily. Here’s your Bones spoiler: Brennan is having a change of heart about Booth!! “What happened at the [end of last season] was that we saw Booth move on and not have any regrets,” recounts exec producer Stephen Nathan. “He did his best. He professed his love and when she couldn’t reciprocate he realized at that point this is now crazy, I have to be happy. I have to try to make a life for myself. And he’s moved on. Now Brennan—who felt very secure in her decision last year—has had seven months alone to think about this. And we think that she’s come back reevaluating her situation and the choice she made with Booth. Brennan is seeing things differently. She seemed to have one take for five years and I think the time away has made her reevaluate what she wants from life and perhaps a relationship with Booth. I don’t think this is something that she has an easy time admitting to herself. And perhaps it hasn’t even bubbled up from her subconscious yet, but it’s something that’s real this season.” I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: This is the season it happens! I can feel it in my, er, bones!
    Question: Enough about Booth and Brennan. How about something on Angela and Hodgins? —Missy
    Ausiello:
    The buzz is it’ll be smooth sailing for the newlyweds this season, but Michaela Conlin isn’t buying it. “I don’t believe that,” Angela’s portrayer tells me, before hinting that “something happened” during the seven-month flash forward between the two that “will come up” later in the season. Hmm….
    Question: More Bones scoop, please! —Matt
    Ausiello:
    Daisy and Sweets will “reconnect” in the season premiere, but “their relationship is different,” notes EP Stephen Nathan. “Sweets has become a free man in his seven months without Daisy and isn’t initially willing to give that up.”

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  11. Destiny

Source EW 4 in 1 Info spoilers.

Question: How serious are things between Booth and that new girl on Bones?
    Ausiello:
    That new girl has a name—Hannah. Show some respect. And to quote Booth in the Sept. 23 premiere, their relationship is “as serious as a heart attack.”

Question: So these new Bones promos have me super-excited for the new season (and more than a little bit heartbroken for Brennan), but I’m confused: Is Hannah going to show up in the premiere, or in episode 2?
    Ausiello:
    You mean that new girl? She shows up in episode 2.

Question: Will we see more of Parker on Bones this season? —Brianna
    Ausiello:
    Mini Booth actually plays a pivotal role in the opener, as he’s essentially the reason Big Booth returns home from Afghanistan. (And yes, you will actually see him.)

Question: Got a Bones scoop? I’m such a good girl. —Galle
    Ausiello:
    My fave moment from the premiere involves Brennan and Daisy channeling their inner action heroines—well, it involves Brennan channeling her inner action heroine while Daisy suffers a series of mini strokes on the sidelines.

12. Destiny

Question: Can I have a scoop on Bones please?

Ausiello:
    The rumors are true: Angela, who had a little pregnancy scare last season with boyfriend Wendell, is actually having a baby with husband Hodgins. Actress Michaela Conlin expects Angela to “weave in some of her craziness” to their impending parenthood. “I think we may see her interviewing some doulas and wild pediatricians and things like that. And hopefully, she’ll be eating a lot of weird stuff,” Conlin says. “I think it’s going to be nice to see another side of her this season.”

Question: I love Sweets on Bones, but I hate to see him get the short end of so many sticks. Any news on what’s in store for him this season?

Ausiello:
    A possible reunion with Daisy is in store—provided he’s able to forgive her for choosing her career over him. “He’s taking baby steps to finally let [Daisy] back into his heart,” reveals Sweets’ portrayer, John Frances Daley. “He has a very fragile heart. He’s been through a lot. Obviously, they have very strong feelings for each other, and they can’t really stay apart for too long—as we establish [in he premiere]. He’s a good guy generally, so I think ultimately, yeah, he’ll take her back.”

13. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

Bones: Booth Has Moved On — But Is It for Good?

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. But will that hold true for the cast of Bones, which reunites in the Season 6 premiere after spending seven months thousands of miles apart?

"We're resetting the series emotionally for all of the characters," executive producer Stephen Nathan tells TVGuide.com. "What the season seems to be doing is trying to keep everyone off-balance. The best-laid plans for all of our characters might be very different than we think they are. It also reinforces the relationship that all of our people have. We see in a way how close this group is and how much they needed each other, even in that time that they were apart."

At the core of that group, of course, is Dr. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz), who Brennan rejected last season. "Booth professed his love to Brennan, who was unable to accept this and unable to reciprocate," Nathan says. "Obviously, the audience knows it's not because she doesn't want to, it's that she's incapable of it. She's frightened; there's something amiss there."

But Brennan has her regrets, Nathan says. "I think she missed something when she was away. I think there was a part of her that wished she could have her old life back. As much as she thought she was an anthropologist who merely lived in her mind, she had learned something else with Booth. When she comes back, she expected the Booth that she left, but she finds a very different Booth."

That's because Booth returns from his tour in Afghanistan with a new girlfriend, war correspondent Hannah (Kathryn Winnick). "Booth said he was going to move on, and Booth moved on," Nathan says. "When we pick him up, he has forged a new life for himself emotionally.

"Now, whether he continues to move on is another thing entirely," Nathan continues. "All of this occurred when he was not around Brennan. So Brennan's presence in the mix of this other relationship will alter the relationship — it just has to. But that doesn't mean that Booth's relationship with Hannah is any less real than he thinks it is."

On the flip side of relationship drama, Nathan promises that newlyweds Angela (Michaela Conlin) and Hodgins (TJ Thyne) are still going strong after their time in Paris. "We want to have a really good, healthy relationship on the show," Nathan says. "That doesn't mean they don't have issues. ... We're going to try to deal with those events that occur in any couple's life and how a couple that loves each other deals with those events."

And a major event is revealed in the premiere: Angela and Hodgins are expecting! "I did not expect them to do it so soon," Conlin says of the twist. "But I think it's going to be really interesting to see them find their way through it. They have had such an unconventional relationship and they are so different. I think it's going to open up a lot of story because the two of them have very different ideas about raising children."

Conlin also says that Angela and Brennan grow closer as Brennan deals with her feelings about Booth's new woman. Nathan would not say how long Hannah will be an issue for Booth and Brennan, but he says that the show's writers aren't just thinking of ways to keep the couple apart.

"We want to make this relationship unfold in a very real way," he says. "We don't want to force it, and we don't want to keep them apart in a very contrived way. The situations that keep them apart are going to be very real and will be circumstances that would keep any couple apart, even if they were in love. It's not going to be arbitrary.

"They can get closer to each other, and they will get closer to each other," Nathan continues. "What the end result of that will be is still unknown, because we as writers have to follow that relationship as it naturally and organically unfolds. These are obviously two people that everyone feels should be together, and that's not lost on us."

Bones returns Thursday at 8/7c on Fox.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The episode was really good. I cracked up when after Brennan telling her to make herself look like a woman, Daisy peeled off everything but her bra and underwear and then asked, "should I take off more?" :guffaw: :guffaw:

Hodgins was so cute when he and Angela were talking about the baby.

Caroline is awesome. I hope she's on there a lot more.

Not crazy about Lance's facial hair though.

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Really enjoyed last nights episode!

Teared up when Booth & Brennan saw each other, though he seemed a little off his game.

YAY for Angela & Hodgins. Teared up when they were talking about the baby...that was so sweet.

Daisy & her day of the week panties :guffaw:

Brennan said she loves Angela like a sister :thumbsup:

Brennan is still in denial, but I think she realized how much she missed him after he took down the bad guy.

All in all, great episode. Not looking forward to next week though :(