"Shock Waves" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 18, 2010.

1. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

True. If any actor wants out of the show, they can just blow him up in the next episode. :lol:

The implication at the end seemed to be that Bieber was the real criminal, and his brother was just a semi-willing participant. Unfortunately for Bieber, he's not a very good actor. Edward Furlong can look creepy and psychotic without saying a word. And him taking part in an "angry old men complaining about the government" was not explained very legitimately.

CBS did its job well: so well I even tried watching The Mentalist. What a mistake!

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I got about 5 minutes into that, then I came to my senses.. :lol:

I'm half-British, so half the time, I didn't really notice her accent. :) "Bomb tech" - bit of both?

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

This one wasn't as bad as I had expected. Lots of great one-on-one "team" moments - like Cath/Nick, Doc/Ray, Brass/Ray, Cath/Sara, etc. I think they've put more of those moments in this episode than we used to get in an entire season!

What's with all of the Bieber hype leading into this? Did he appear for more than about 3 minutes? (thankfully! - although we get to go through this crap again later in the season)

Anyway...to see my full review, you can click here

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have to say the good no GREAT acting on Marg's part is going to make me miss her a lot more. I know she wants to leave, but I hope they convince her to stay.:(

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Except for the whole Ray-directing-the-investigation-from-his-hospital-bed :rolleyes:, and refusing pain meds so he could :rolleyes::rolleyes:, I enjoyed the episode. Some nice personal moments, and a pretty interesting case.
    Fairly certain JB won't win any awards, but his performance was passable.

Loved, loved, loved seeing Jorja in the opening credits! Very pleasantly surprised. :)
    I liked how Catherine was written in this episode. Maybe the writers have finally figured out how to write a good female lead, and Marg nailed it.
    I liked Doc and Ray's hospital scene. Very touching.
    I liked that Greg 'saved' Vartann, and that he found the plane. Go Greg!
    I also liked Kasey's debut, even though it seemed kind of random.
    I did miss the lab rats.

I'm not sure what, if anything, is to made of Sara's locker room scene; it reminded me of her burn-out scene with Greg in season 8. I just wanted to scream: "Go home to your husband!", wherever the heck he is. :lol:
    I have to believe she was thinking of him in that moment before Catherine walked in.

All in all a good start to the season.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

hmmz... no wally in the opening credits? :confused:
    no labrats?? :(
    *sigh*...

although good to read that it (the premiere) wasn't totally ruined by 16 year old popstars ;)

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

the ep was ok. and i have to admit, as much as i don't want to, that Nick all injured and deaf after the explosion was pretty cute. ;)

i'm waiting to see what's up with Sara, though. seems like there was a tiny bit of foreshadowing on a little arc her character might be having this year.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wally was in the credits; everyone was still there, except Liz.

I guess the labrats will be in next week's epi, with it being Liz's swan song.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Was he? I guess I thought that he was usually at the end. Maybe they changed the order a bit when they added Jorja, and I just missed it and assumed that he wasn't there because he was completely absent in the episode.

Sara punching the woman in the face made me laugh. And may I say that I love the writers for making it that punching someone doesn't always leave your hand in one piece. :lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good episode.

Bomb expert Kacy was okay. I was shocked to see her with the dark hair though.

Loved Cath telling Nick he couldn't John Wayne this like he does everything else. That was a great line.

Loved Sara punching that woman and then what she said to Ray about her hand (can't remember what it was, but I think it was humorous lol).

Cath/Vartann, awww!

Greg, are you taking one-liner lessons from Horatio? "In Plane Sight"? Heh... Miami had an episode with that title. Think they were poking fun?

Loved Greg stopping Vartann from picking up the battery and kind of pulling him back and then Vartann thanking him... and Catherine patting Greg's shoulder. She was so protective of her guys in this episode. I loved the Warrick mention and how Nick choked up at the mention of his best friend's name. Aww. And Nick crying while sitting in the car at the funeral was a nice touch too. And him flinching at the salute gunshots at the funeral.

That cane that Doc gave Ray was beautiful. And the hug... awww.

Jorja's back in the opening credits and Liz is gone from the credits. :(
    Hodges is still in the credits though.

The line Haskell said about every time Ray unzips to use the bathroom, he wants him to think of him... gave me chills. Creepy bastard. It was almost like he got off on stabbing Ray. The BAU would say that it meant he was impotent lol.

I too thought Nick would call Grissom instead of the shrink when he saw the Piggy. And when Nick was in the cemetary searching for bomb evidence, in the background there was this guy with a hat and vest (with the PD/Crime Lab logo/name on it) walking around and for a split second I thought, "that guy reminds me of Grissom". The posture was similar, the build was similar, etc.

Loved when Brass said "give me some good news" and Nick said "that shiner will clear up in about a week" haha!

The scene with Nick and Greg was nice. Loved when after Greg told him the jacket was evidence, Nick said it was his best suit and Greg asking him if he'd seen his car. :lol:

LOL! Normally I would have thought "eeeww" too, but since it was Nick, I was more like "aww poor Nicky".

I really liked Ecklie in this episode. Undersheriff suits him I think. :)

I can't believe all of the fuss they made about Justin being in the ep when he wasn't there all that much (thankfully). That look at the end of the episode... I'm guessing he was supposed to look evil/menancing... but it didn't work. He might be a good little actor if someone gets him into some acting classes though. At times he was okay, but other times the way he said his lines really irked me lol.

Ray working from his hospital bed = Ray is a workaholic LOL. My mom is the same exact way. After she had surgery to remove her gall bladder, she would be sitting in the bed with her laptop working.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

There were some great moments in this episode like a lot of you have mentioned which I really enjoyed. It was actually kind of a sad episode but those scenes were done really well. Like the Nick and Cath scene with the mention of Warrick, the Cath and Sara one in the end, and the Doc and Ray scene. I loved how Cath was so on top of everything and very much there for her team :).

Cath and Vartann are just :adore::D

I actually enjoyed the bomb expert and Bieber was just meh. I wouldn't mind her returning but him I can do without.

Good premier. :thumbsup:

12. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

Wait, what happened to Greg? He really got blown up? He got hurt? Is he okay? :eek::eek::eek:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, he didn't get blown up. He and Vartann were standing far enough away from the tent. Greg kind of pulled Vartann out of the line of fire (so to speak).

14. Marril96

Marril96 Police Officer

Uh, it's good to hear. I was already worried :lol:

15. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I don't know what to say about this episode. It wasn't anything stellar but it is a season premier afterall.

As soon as I saw Jorja in the opening credits, I started screaming in excitement. I didn't even notice Wally not being there. Does that make me a bad fan of CSI?:(

Boom Girl just got on my nerves. I can't help but feel like she's just here for the season and I can't bring myself to care about a girl that isn't going to be around much longer. How often is boom-tech really going to be utilized this season? And who's doing DNA now? And that British accent just felt really out of place. The actress that played Sofia was British and she didn't do a Brit accent when playing Sofia.

Haskell made me laugh again. He just cracks me up. His dark humor is just hilarious.

When did Langie become the supervisor of CSI Night Shift? Why was everyone reporting to him? He's only a CSI-2 unless he got promoted over the break while he was bleeding on the floor. Langston is now CSI-6. It's a level created just for Langston's awesomeness.:lol:

Did anyone notice the tension between Brass and Catherine? I couldn't help but notice that. Wonder how that's going to play out this season...

Catherine and Vartann...sigh. I understand the writers trying to treat the relationship like it's nothing but...they aren't Sara and Grissom. Something other than a light touch on the shoulder would be nice.

I think the writer's are doing a nice job by bringing up Nick's...issues. I'm interested to see how they handle Nick's PTSD in later episodes. Let's hope they bring up all the craziness that has occurred with Nick in the past years like being buried alive, losing his friend, losing his father figure, and getting shot. And that's just the last five years. Nick really just needs a hug.:lol:

I'm not going to critique Justin Beiber too much yet. He's never acted before, he's like 17, and it's the first episode of the season. I'm going to forgive his lack of acting skill until I see him in another episode.

One thing I loved about this episode in general was the flow of the plot. I never once felt like the episode was hovering on any one thing for too long or speeding through any important points to get to the next scene. I'm hoping the show can keep this up for the whole season.