Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I'm a little behind everyone else, but happy birthday, Jon!! We love you!

Slainte! :beer:

2. Wolfe-Sanders

Wolfe-Sanders Victim

"Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Jonathan,
    Happy Birthday to you!!"
    :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN!!!! :)
    -With Love,
    Wolfe-Sanders

3. Propto

Propto Dead on Arrival

It's already thursday here,
    but..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!

4. Propto

Propto Dead on Arrival

It's already thursday here,
    but..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!

5. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Birthday Jon :)

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There's a team pic posted in the spoiler thread.I think Jon is even a little slimer than he was for the finale.

7. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

Yeah I just saw it too...Ryan/Jonathan looks way thinner (to me) than he did in the beginning of season 6. He still looks good, and it could be bad angle/lighting...

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Oh,I don't think Jon looks bad,he has never looked bad to me.He looks as slim as he first started in season 3 .I think he looks rather handsome.

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

So I was looking through some sites for anything CSI related, and found this snippet from 2009 (Season 7) about our Ryan at tv tropes. Thought I'd stick it up here to start discussion again and get your thoughts on the subject:

Thoughts? Personally I found myself agreeing with a few of the points, but some of the stuff seemed a little far fetched...

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree with a lot of it. The whole thing about him making the wrong conclusions was never more evident than it was last season as part of the Dumbing Down of Ryan Wolfe. It is as if he is there primarily to make everyone else look better. He certainly hasn't always portrayed in that matter, and I don't understand why this even started. I am not sure I completely agree with the last statement. Eric, Calleigh, yes, but not Natalia or Walter. He and Walter pick on each other, but who was the first one who got upset when Ryan was arrested? And Natalia has always been one of the first ones to defend him.

I do think that Ryan being the butt of jokes, reciting the dialogue which makes him look like a rookie and being the black sheep of the lab has grown stale and is so irritating.:brickwall::angryrazz: He needs storylines where he is the hero or in a leadership role PLEASE!!!

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I saw that posted somewhere.I disagree with the majority of it.I find that statements made like this about Ryan are made by the same people that won't admit their favorite character is flawed.Him frequently making the wrong conclussion is just bull,it's not as though he states something occurred,and then he's done,he continues to work with the evidence.It's something that all of the characters have done,they have all come to conclussions that perhaps ended differently.There have been instances when other characters have pointed things out to him again they have all had that experience.This did occur a lot more in season 8,but this statement was made in season 7,so it's just wrong.
    The "if anyone's evidence turns out not to be what was expected,it's his",is also bull.He hasn't turned in a bunch of wrong inconsistent evidence.
    Jesse made fun of Ryan's sweater vest,but making fun of his clothes is not something that we really see done by the other characters.
    Although Eric and Ryan clash,to say he is treated with contempt by everyone is over the top.
    Ryan is a flawed character,so are the rest.What I do find is that other character's flaws are often overlooked,dismissed and diminished.Someone once told me that it was okay for the other characters on the show to be arrogant,but not Ryan, how silly is that.People frequently bring up mistakes Ryan made seasons ago,but if things are pointed out about another character from seasons ago,it should be "let go".I think the same should apply to Ryan.
    Truthfully,I wouldn't be surprised if that whole statement was made by someone that doesn't even watch the show anymore,some of them make the outrageous statements,but then will admit they haven't watched for 2 seasons.
    I hope to see something much different for season 9.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  12. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I think that Ryan's flaws are a testament to Jon Togo's great acting ability. He's created a believable character who is incredibly human, more so than A LOT of other television cops out there. He's not perfect, nor should he be. In fact, I find it annoying when cops are depicted as superhero-like model citizens. Real-life police officers ride the fine line between law and lawlessness everyday, it's just the nature of their job. I think that's why I like Ryan so much, he's a refreshing example of a real cop with real flaws and problems.

And Jon's said as much in a couple interviews I've seen. He enjoys playing out the more human aspects of Ryan's character. It's great that Jon has fun playing him.

I love him just the way he is. I wish he would get a little more credit from the rest of the team sometimes, but at the same time, the great thing about Ryan is that he's the kind of character who will always continue fighting on in the background, recognition or no. That's what makes a real hero! :):thumbsup: :luvlove: :D

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's also a testament to Jon's acting ability that his character can stir up such controversy in fans and non fans alike.I once told a non fan that is the sign of a great character,but it's the sign of great acting ability as well.

Look what I found, really nice. Jon looks really cute!
    http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu175/greatfan/DSC01514.jpg

one more
    http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu175/greatfan/emilyryan.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

What great and cute pics! Thanks for sharing them greatfan! Jon always looks like so much fun to be around. Can I hang out with him for a day? :) OT-look at Emily! I didn't recognize her at first with the baby belly! So happy for her!

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Jon does always seem to be fun to be around.Looks like he can brighten anyone's day.I wouldn't mind hanging out with him either.
    Speaking of Emily,if you go to her thread there are pics of her taken this week.She's a lot bigger than she was in these photos which were done on set last month,there really is a big difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.