**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. Another retread. Nothing to get excited about.

Even the idea of making one of the team a "fan" of the reality show is a retread idea. Natalia was a "fan" of a bachelor/bacherlorette type show in "Dead on Arrival" in season 7.

I've also seen enough of Ryan being made a stooge for everyone to kick around. I don't need to see him being razzed by another member of the team so they can feel superior because Ryan finds this type of show something he enjoys as entertainment. (I personally hate these types of reality shows. But it's not for me to pass judgment on those who like them. And I hope they simply don't go there with Ryan.)

It's time to let Ryan off the hook and give him a decent story that allows his character to show what he's truly capable of. Allow him to be the hero he was in WISC! Both he and Natalia deserve and opportunity to step out of the shadows and to do so with a DECENT story and not being made to appear the clown so someone else on the team can feel superior. That's another retread story that's getting old.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If its spoiler-based then the writers have once again changed their minds on Ryan's character. If I recall, in the ep where Natalia was investigating that Bachelor type reality show mess... wasn't that where Ryan asked Valera if she watched it and she said she'd rather read? But didn't Ryan say something about those reality shows not being something he liked? I swear, this show needs all new writers... or someone at least needs to sit them all down and tell them to look back at what was previously written so that episodes don't seem like some bad fanfic with horrible OOC-ness. :lol:

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Thanks for the spoiler vegaslights! This is beginning to remind me of Dead on Arrival with regards to the whole "reality series" type of thing... I feel like the writers are really running out of ideas. They keep pulling out stories from the previous seasons.... We really do need a bunch of new writers... :rolleyes:

With regards to Ryan, that would be a funny, but it seems OOC (that means out of character right? :lol:), so I'd prefer if they didn't put that in...

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Based on spoilers. But as always, things can change. They always do...

5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I also look down on writers who much up continuity. I hated how the writers of Star Trek: Enterprise mucked up Star Trek history and that continuity was almost perfect. In regards to that Ryan scene with Valera, I don't remember if he said that (particularly because I didn't like that ep) but I hoping he did.

Yeah Natalya was the resident reality show fan and even then I groaned at how they made her look like a lovestruck 15 year old. Both she and Ryan deserve better

I hope so because I'm not liking the sound of this one bit

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yes episode 5 is a type of Jersey Shore gimmick episode. And to be honest from what I read, there wasn't really overly anything interesting to report! Just think of an ep of Jersey Shore but only with a murder and you have episode 5 of season 9.

Is nothing fresh anymore? why does everything has to be retread of something else?

7. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I was actually Eric, not Ryan, who said to Natalia that he was not a fan of reality shows and indicated he was more of a CNN guy. Eric also mentioned to Calleigh that he felt out of the loop about what was going on with all the reality show talk and Calleigh told him it was a girl thing and that she used to watch, etc.....

8. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

[​IMG] DELKOLOVER FOR SPOILER UPDATE
    i hope we get some eric and calleigh spoiler soon [​IMG]

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That's a really bad choice.We certainly don't need another Dead On Arrival but something fresh and unique.

10. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

Whaha Jersey Shore never watched it but it seems such a ... show not for me give me the crime xD Calleigh doesn't watch that kind of shows anymore she has another hobby :guffaw: But I would love to have more pics. And who is gonna die of Jersey Shore. :guffaw: :devil: new spoiler PLEASE ><3

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Eric did say that, but I'm 80% sure that Ryan also made some kind of comment about not liking reality shows. It may have been subtle like (to Valera) "You mean, you're not a fan of that show like all of the other women around here?" :lol: If that's similar to what he said, then he was definitely being sarcastic and it definitely meant that he was not a fan of reality shows.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are correct GNRF,it was more subtle,but there was no doubt he wasn't into the show.Of course,the writers could get around it by saying it's a different type of reality show.I don't watch the show that Miami is making a parody of,but it doesn't seem Ryan like to me either.Of course,I was also surprised that he golfed,no telling what we'll learn about him next,just hope it's not something totally messed up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I'm not completely sure these writers know what fresh and unique is:rolleyes:

I have my doubts that someone who isn't sure who Ashton and Demi or Nick or Mariah are would be a fan of reality shows. I do remember Ryan making that comment and I got the impression he wasn't a fan as well.

14. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Ok, found the scene on youtube. Ryan says "You know what's funny? You're like the first person I've met who hasn't heard of her." And that's it...

So, if they were trying to imply he's not a fan... doesn't really show in that particular scene. IMO, I don't think he "hates" it or is not a fan, he just doesn't really care.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm going to have to hold off judgement until I actually see how this one plays out. But it sounds like this type of reality show is a little different than the one in 'Dead on Arrival' -- that one was about a man choosing a wife (definitly not what most men would watch), but... isn't Jersey Shore a little more on the "boys & girls frollicking around half-naked" side (honestly I don't know much about it so correct me if I'm wrong)?
    So, maybe Ryan just watches every now and again to check out the ladies?

I guess for me it'll all depend on how big of a fan they make him --if he's all stupid & giddy over it then I might have to throw something. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.