Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Wow, I don't think I'm used to my comments stirring this much discussion. I think I like it! :p

You're right, C.H.E.A.R., AR did point out that she kind of came in five months pregnant (on EP's part, I think that was actually really smart considering the higher chance of miscarriage and things like that in the first trimester). However, like Jessica said, it wouldn't be too hard to write it in in a way that doesn't have Eric offending Calleigh. Furthermore, because there's so much time between the airdate of the finale and the premier but no time between when they happen in canon, it wouldn't be all that difficult to fudge their timeline a little bit. As writers, they have to do that all the time anyway (summer, winter hiatus, etc.) and it wouldn't interfere with the storyline.

Jessica, that's my biggest reservation as well with the whole baby issue. Honestly, I'd be perfectly content for them to write the pregnancy in and then bring the kid up about as much as they did Alexx's kids. We knew she had kids, but they definitely weren't the center of any episodes. Just the thought of EC having a baby together melts my heart, and the possible scenes, as you talked about, are adorable!

Kala79, you made a good point, and I've often wondered myself why Alexx is the only one who has managed to have a semi-normal life (though now Horatio does have Kyle ;) )
    Regarding the issues between Calleigh and Eric, you're so right. AR left the show, and like you said, the writers had to scramble to make things fit the new situation. I'm hoping that means they're going to take some time to fix it this season because I'm ready to not be in limbo with this.

All that said, I'm still a huge fan of an EC baby (with the caveat that it be written tastefully into the show as so many others have already said).

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm sitting there, waiting for 10 o clock to watch Psych to see Adam...then to realize my sister's tv don't frigin have the channel, ugh!

The only good thing about today was that I re-watched How Does That Make You Kill today and the reaction Calleigh got from when she read that Eric loves her in his file was priceless, it's almost as if i hadn't realized it before. One of favourite EC moments :rolleyes:.

3. yen35

yen35 Witness

I love this episode too. Watched it so many times, specially the last bit! By the way, there is a thread called ' You know you watch too much CSIM when....' which is quite hilarious. I said I watch too much when Calleigh and Eric pictures are on my screensaver on the computer and the wall paper on my mobile phone!

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Question: Any word on Calleigh and Eric’s romance on CSI: Miami? —Lila
    Ausiello:
    A few words, actually. “They will spend some time assessing their relationship,” reveals exec producer Marc Dube. “It could go either way…but Delko’s return is about getting back to being a CSI. He missed it.” Adds fellow EP Barry O’Brien: “You may see that relationship evolve in a way that surprises even us, the writers. We’re kind of letting it grow right now on its own.”

Ok seriously, WTF, again. Didn't they do that last season. They need to stop messing with them already. How many times do they have to "assess their relationship"

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, which was the case for Eric & Calleigh but seriously. How hard it is for them to have a normal type of relationship...I am tired of them "taking a step back" or "assessing their relationship" they love each other plain and simple, let them & us as fans have that already

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree completely with texmex. When I read that I just thought it's more of the same and why the crap do they still need to "assess" their relationship. They've been "assessing" for three years now. It especially pissess me off that in the end of last season their relationship showed a lot of progress and commitment and this assessing crap is like a step back. I hope that the evolving and surprising part is actually positive because frankly I'm really tired of the writers and their drama.

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I don't like this "it could go either way" thing. That kind of gives me a bad feeling, along with Adam saying that awhile back in response to finding out that people didn't like EC (something like "I don't know where they'll take it now.") That bothers me.

Granted, I also don't know how willing the writers would be to throw away a story they've built up for three seasons. Well, four, really. We know they throw away stories at random (hi, Madison & Susie!) but those aren't main characters. Would they do that with EC? I mean, let's be honest, the evolution of EC has been at the forefront since season 5; it hasn't been a little side story.

'Evolve' and 'grow' make me think positively, despite my initial negative thoughts. You don't say something is evolving if you have plans of breaking it down; that's pretty much completely opposite. I'm hoping evolving EC means they finally finish 'assessing' (you guys are both right, they've been assessing for years) and realize they are it. Move in together (if they aren't completely moved in together already), commit to the next logical step (marriage) and realize that they belong together.

I think it's clear that they want to be with each other; they've stuck together through all the drama the writers have thrown at them. Let them be.

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

The two operative words that jumped out at me from the Ausiello Files spoiler were "Marc Dube." Isn't Dube pretty much notorious for his overblown spoilers? :shifty: They're almost always really ambiguous and/or misleading. Saying that Calleigh & Eric's romance could "go either way" doesn't really say diddly-squat, does it?:rolleyes: And that comment about the couple "assessing their relationship" ... uh ... where have we heard that before? [​IMG] (Last season's spoilers, anyone?) Don't the show-runners realize that they're not going to please anyone by playing yo-yo with Cal and Eric's relationship? The Hiphugger-fans will be upset b/c their favorite couple's romance will be in question yet again, and the anti-E/C-shippers will be annoyed because of the continued focus on angst and drama for the couple. Why can't the writers just let the couple settle down, be happy and become a secondary backstory to the main criminal investigation storylines? Anyway, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this spoiler, or lack thereof. Dube has toyed with fans in the past by providing over-exaggerated sneak-previews that turn out to be nothing major at all. I suspect that this is how this latest E/C spoiler will pan out. Plus, as Jessica237 said, Barry O'Brien probably wouldn't have used the word "evolve" in reference to E&C's relationship if TPTB were planning on ending the romance in Season 9.

8. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

[​IMG]
    CBS

The executive producers of CSI: Miami have revealed that the relationship between Calleigh and Eric will "evolve".

Marc Dube told Entertainment Weekly that the pair, played by Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez, will think about the future of their romance.

"They will spend some time assessing their relationship," he said. "It could go either way... but Delko's return is about getting back to being a CSI. He missed it."

Meanwhile, executive producer Barry O'Brien suggested that he is still unsure about the future of the romance.:angryrazz: :brickwall:

"You may see that relationship evolve in a way that surprises even us, the writers," he said. "We're kind of letting it grow right now on its own."
    [​IMG]ok what was that about , he still not unsure...oh come on it been 4 season they drag e/c relationship ..can't they/us get a break .....beside why is he ''unsure '' anyway it clear that eric want be with her so as she ...and many of general csi miami fan also might think ''' it about the time, let them peace and happy'' ....is that hard, and as far i think, it way much of drama in this relationship in pass season, if they going continued this.... oh boy that going bad for the show ...and i agree with Jessica237 ''let them be '' [​IMG]

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I do not think that the writers would break E/C but it would really piss me off if they do something similar to early season 8.I seriously hate angst on this kind of shows.But I agree that we should not put much into this spoilers.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I have been watching NY since it's summer re-runs, so their all pretty new to me, and I think this couple has so much "sizzle" and are so perfect together.. no doubt. So, I can imagine how hard-core New York fans feel. They've got to have them get married.. my thoughts:p

11. yen35

yen35 Witness

Oh dear, my blood pressure went up by a significant amount when reading these spoilers and now I can't concentrate on anything else also! I won't comment on anything because I don't know how to get this white box in!

What a long wait till October and thereafter!

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I wonder why they are so un - prepared for Em. baby and/or Adams return. Which imo is the reason for "this Assing" . Writers and/or producers seem unsure as what to do. But Em started baby talk long ago and Adams return has been in the works for long.

13. Desertwind

Does anyone think we'll see a marriage in this season? And how will they explain the pregnancy?

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I really hope we get to see a "hiphugger" wedding :adore:. But I seriously doubt it since Emily's pregnant and putting her in a wedding dress... hmm... I just don't know...
    As for the pregnancy, they already said that they won't incorporate it in the show. I'm guessing they'll put her behind desks, books, other people... basically just anything to hide her stomach. Wouldn't it have been simpler to just fastforward the show and make Calleigh get pregnant? :rolleyes:

15. Desertwind

:lol:good point D&Daddict hey should have done that. Your right too about the desk, books etc. I just am really enjoyng this romance and am now into NY big time, although I really adored Melina/Stella, and she's gone:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.