Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And she was fantastic at it!:thumbsup: She has me convinced when I watched the show that Stella was real!!!:lol:

Thats what I've been - a - thinkin.

Talk about pouring salt in the wound! If they did THAT the few M/S fans that did stick around would probably leave for sure and I cant imagine they are in a position to be wishing THAT to happen. After all have they noticed the drop in ratings?:rolleyes:

I have a feeling there gonna give alot of that this season.:rolleyes:

Nope! Not a one!:lol:

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Man, if that's the case, just simply wrecking SMacked for countless millions of fans and instantly pair Mac up with someone like as of Stella and Mac never knew each other in the first place would be among the biggest TV insults of all time.

Regardless, to me, the CSI-NY era has ended and I'm really, REALLY looking forward to Melina's future roles, on both TV and the big screen.

I may sound odd but having seen snippets of where she played Victoria Metcalf on "Due South", a part of me would like to see Kanakaredes play a character who is on the other side of the law, like a major villainess or someone who is difficult to tell of she's on the 'good' or 'bad' side of the law.

Perhaps some of you might laugh or scoff at this but the thought of Kanakaredes playing a character on "Desperate Housewives" really caught my mind, considering that as of this writing, it is the last of the 2000s era TV shows that still stands, at least to me.

When it comes to beauty, at least aesthetically speaking, Meline buries the vast majority of other celebrities, in all fields, music, TV, movies, etc. Few can rival Melina in both beauty and brains, which has always been a rarity in the entertainment industry. :bolian:

3. MReese

MReese Victim

I'm not a SMackie, but even I agree with this! It's like putting salt on a wound.

:):):)

Very well said! :)

4. MReese

MReese Victim

Sorry for the double post, but here are some pics of Melina K. with her daughters taking a stroll in NYC. :)

[​IMG]

More here (scroll down to see more pics) :)

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks for the pics MReese!!:thumbsup: I was just there a couple of weeks ago for vacation. Shucks missed her by THAT MUCH!! :lol: Looks like Stella came back to NY after all!!!:)

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Yes, he could only wait and see what she´d choose for: another night or whether to continue the affair at all. But I never considered him as a sort of brother to her.

Yes, maybe these five months are for Lindsay to jump in time and see how was coping or not coping with the events during the past months.

I agree, especially after so many years of shooting, the actors have a good feeling for their characters, they grew with them and know now how they tick and what could happen next with them. Would they deny a Robert de Niro the right to suggest how his character should develop or progress? Certainly not, but not only super actors like him know method acting, TV-show actors can have that certain feeling and intuition, too. And though you can´t please anybody and ask anybody, there should be a basic from where to write the stuff.

Yes, I always thought Sam should have been there for Flack when he was there for her when she was low. And the list goes on....

At least she wasn´t a character like Haylen where everybody wished for her to hit the road immediately. They couldn´t really show who she really was, because obviously they chose not to continue the story and the triangle.

Well, he was so stupid, I couldn´t even imagine him to understand his job :D. He was a braindead and Stella didn´t hide what she thought of him, so what this story was supposed to be good for....nobody knows :D.

Well, that hunch can´t have been too mysterious, since that was clear from the start that it wouldn´t work out. And imagine Dumbo Fireman following Stella to Greece :lol:.

Well, according to MK´s interviews it needs to be said that she never really was keen for a Mac/Stella-romance, unless perhaps in the very last season of the show. Because she thought this could spoil their closeness and friendship, of which she thought was more special than going for the obvious option of a romance, it was more special as a non-romance and I always shared her opinion. So PV talking at first of a triangle with Aubrey and Peyton and then not excluding a Mac/Stella romance might have been too much for MK, she maybe asked: "Where´s the crime show"? :D

Yes, utterly useless.

Didn´t it? :D

I agree, they often seem to lose the thread and the coherence of stories which suggests they don´t care or remember what they´ve written before, but just write for the moment. Actors like GS give them an easy life if they´re content with their simple structure while MK was surely more demanding. I never check the credits if there´s a continuity guy like in the movies, but it rather doesn´t seem to be so :D.

They spread the rumours for a while that they might have to cut off a main crew member, too, due to the financial collapse. But that was only to keep people interested in the premiere of S6.

Well, as I said they could have let the two be surrounded by the others with their minor traumas to be portrayed from time to time. But doing justice to all would have been just impossible.

Why they changed their plans so drastically- no-one knows. Suddenly they decided to bring in a new love interest for Mac, plus Peyton and the triangle. I agree, Peyton´s comeback wasn´t necessary either, especially not in "Point of View", it should have been Stella who went to the opposite apartment, observed and kept watched by Mac and not Peyton. It would have been a great Mac/Stella- case episode, but no, they had to spoil it :rolleyes:.

I agree, those who don´t watch NY regularly must have thought they´re watching a completely different show with all the changes and new characters coming and going after a few episodes. It was impossible to follow when they were constantly changing directions.

True, if they had given one character a family from the beginning, they would have been integrated, but they thought they´d be inventive to have the first CSI-family at that point.

Yes, as I said it wasn´t such a nuisance yet in S5, because there was a lot of other stuff going on that was good, even great. But that changed in S6, unfortunately.

We can only hope that. They cannot even dream of putting SW ever in Stella´s footprints; whatever partnership Mac will have with Jo, it can never be so special and extraordinary as it was with Mac and Stella.

Agreed. It cannot be that he had two women running after him in S6 and now another one coming up- how ridiculous would that be??? If things had gone on as planned and MK would have stayed for another season, PV could have written finally the Mac/Stella romance, because as we now know, MK would have left after S7 and since she said she could only imagine a romance in the very last season, it could have happened then, because it would have been her very last season and her fear of a romance being too cheesy and spoil the show and the relationship between the two would have been gone then. But they messed it all up, including MK´s negotiations, so they should keep Mac a single, everything else wouldn´t be credible.

Yes, it could have been interesting with Stella still there AND a new character, even with the old writers :D.

I agree that MK was surely more demanding for the directors, but I also think she had some kind of say, at least in S5 with Stella´s arc, since it was clear from the beginning that MK should write the final episode of the arc. So she was more involved with the story and Stella´s character than usual, I´m sure of that.

I agree. Though I always assumed for some reason that she thought of her parents as being dead, maybe because she never tried to find out more about her family, like you said, though she would have had all opportunities and possibilities as a police officer and detective. Yes, one would think that at that time when Prof. P. told her about her Mum she should have already known it, because one would assume she investigated her parents´history. But that she never asked Prof P. before about her parents is probably because she didn´t know that he had known her Mum, he never told her that, only when he had to after Mac had shown her the picture of her Mum and Prof. P.. Why he never told her before is another mystery, maybe because he wanted to protect her and didn´t want her to know that her Mum was involved in something fishy?

I know ;), but I just think of them as "just" friends :D.

Well, it would probably not be possible in reality as every detective has their specific job to do at a crime scene, but for the TV show I suppose they let Mac investigate Stella´s apartment on his own to show her privacy was kept.

That´s so true :lol:. Hm, considering the versatile knowledge that they all have, one should think that forensic studies take more than two years. But it´s TV :D and maybe you´re right and she graduated early, maybe because she was so gifted and above average intelligent, who knows ;).

Yes, they had worked together for about 11 years, BEFORE they came to the crime lab, that is the thing that makes the time schedule so tight. But yes, she knew him very well ;).
    I agree, it´s silly that they made her 34 or 35 in the show and Mac about 10 years older, why not take the actors´ real age, it would make more sense.

True, now she just became Mummy Lindsay, but if she wouldn´t mention Lucy from time to time and had it not been for the cliffhanger, it would go unnoticed that there had been a major change in her life- she behaves as always. So maybe this story she seems to get is a new chance for the character and AB, though I don´t really care :p.

Probably not the last If Only :D.

MReese: thanks for the pics :). Now that Melina has left CSI NY, she´s got eventually time to stroll around in real NY with her kids- ironic, isn´t it ;)?
    Zoe looks like her Mum and Karina is a look-alike of her Dad :).

7. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Well, I did, sort of. Him to her but not her to him :p They definitely had a relationship I would have never seen getting romantic, really. He was just too goofy for that, well, is and it was all too "kid's got a crush on his teacher"-like.

I don't know. But then, I don't think Robert de Niro would ever end up with a writer like PV. No offense to her person but I don't consider her in the same league as a de Niro (always thought it was di Niro :p)

There are certainly quite a few so-called "big names" which I would consider less talented and less intuitive than MK...

Not sure what you mean here?

In order to show who she really was they would have to have made everything very different... however... I can't say I was really interested in who she really was because she wasn't a CSI/part of the main team.

You think?
    I really have to watch the episodes with him again, as it seems...

Why should he have? :p

I just know that she said, you don't put main characters together until the every end of a show.
    Which would have been fine with me ;)
    And which was why I wondered mid-season (after Second Chances) if either Mac or Stella were to leave the show and they were setting up that sort of ending for the season.
    One of them did leave but in quite a different way... :p

I still don't think PV had plans to put Mac and Stella together straight away; I think, as I said, this was added for the benefit of upset fans, maybe with regards of putting Mac and Stella together at the end of the show or at least leaving a hint, sort of an open end that could go either way - those who want them to stay friends can imagine they stay friends and those who want them to be more can think that that was the beginning to more.
    I also doubt that MK was thrown off by that comment. She still wrote GFD.
    I'm not saying she wanted Stella to jump him right then and there, however, I just don't buy that after that episode she would leave because PV didn't exclude a Mac and Stella romance. She didn't exclude it herself by saying what she said - and she moved Mac and Stella's relationship a huge step forward.

I think so too. And somehow, if they have to make a cliffhanger that sort of a first part to the second part that will air after the summer break you know that ratings are declining. Season 1, 2 and 3 all ended on more or less conclusive stories. Of course, you could have written anyone out after that without a problem, but I never had a doubt about Flack not making it through in S2 for example. But S4 and S5 and S6 both ended with an open end...

Yes, that could have been but it could have been anyone else. There was no need for Peyton really, to be with that guy, Mac could have observed him.
    Though I still find it very interesting that he let her search the apartment without any back-up knowing there was that fatal gas in the apartment. I doubt it was the writers intention but that was some insinuation. Revenge is sweet isn't it - too bad it didn't work out?! :D
    But this episode was just ridiculous, all the things that ends that didn't tie up, like that, or Mac waiting until he had found out Peyton's number and not informing anyone about his discovery... I was laughing at the episode afterwards. And poor Hitchcock would have turned in his grave...
    Also, Stella being thrilled over Peyton's return was just so wrong... She and Peyton never had a scene together that would have defined their relationship and I doubt she would welcome the ex who had dumped her best friend in the way she had with open arms.
    It was almost like, if Stella is thrilled to see her, the fans will be as well.

They couldn't have known that though.

Which reminds me about the episode we were talking about and you said was going to be repeated; the one where Stella had given the class at the university and I said the end was unsatisfying for Stella?!

Well ... :D

It certainly cannot and I hope they know that fans will be even more upset if they do that than they already are. Besides, I don't think it would be fair to SW either.
    Stella was someone special.
    It would be in everyone's interest to make SW as different as possible...

Very :D Let's make a commedy, after the mystery show last season :p

Thanks for the information, well summed up ;)
    I agree though.

Yeah... so they could have written Lindsay out - because she did have her worries about something happening to one of them because of Lucy and then they could have brought in Jo. I would have liked that... if written well... well... :p

Yes but I think that would have been restricted to those episodes. She would have to say where she wanted to go with it and where she actually needed it to go so she could write the last episode of the arc as she wanted to. But the rest of the episodes didn't really tie into that one. Also, it was just the happenings of the episodes which needed to match up.
    I think that maybe once the actors get the script they say something like I don't think the character would say something like that and it might be adjusted or the phrase things differently, do something on impulse that just feels right while acting it out but it's minor things. Otherwise S6 would surely have turned out differently ;)

But what makes you think your parents are dead? Wouldn't you ask? You don't just assume and never inquire. As a kid maybe but not when you get older. I mean, being an orphan can be of so many different reasons...
    But, I too, assumed her parents were dead because there was never any mentioning of them, so them being dead was a logical consequence.

Well, I didn't consider her mother having been involved in something fishy.
    However, she said that the professor had told her he didn't know her mother so she had asked him about her. So, interest has been there, wouldn't she then have investigated about them? The professor obviously never told Stella that her mother was dead though, that she found out from Mac.

Well, they do have their specialities... which always so clearly shows in the episodes ;)
    But a degree always takes more than two years, doesn't it?

Yeah, like I have already printed banners and flags...

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I know :p. But still I would have found it interesting in a way to see the teacher-pupil affair continue :D. That would at least have been something controversial, even if it didn´t have a long-standing future, but better than this boring new love interest for Mac.

He could have met writers in his league who wouldn´t dare to object to his suggestions for a character, even if they had different plans. Writers are not actors, in most cases, so despite having imagination to write, they cannot portray a character in their scripts the way an actor can do this.
    And it´s de Niro ;).

Fully agree.

I mean that you can´t always please every actor and involve them in the stories, there have to be compromises, but at least the lead actors should have more say.

I agree, her introduction wasn´t made interesting, she just was there suddenly and what was revealed about her wasn´t much.

Yes, have fun with them, or should I say with him :D?

If PV had written the episode instead of MK :D.

Well, yes, had they known that they´d mess up the negotiations, they could have written the romance for S6 ;).

We will never know, now that MK took the burden from the writers to bother about a possible Mac/Stella romance.
    Well, it´s once more in the eye of the beholder- to me GfD wasn´t the beginning of something between them, it was just to show how close and important they were for each other as friends. I think what must have been disappointing for MK was there was hardly anything left of that in S6. Rather than being keen for a romance she was probably keen that they all would get back to normal, which they didn´t or just in little pieces.

Agree. They surely had high hopes for the premiere ratings of S6, but at that time nearly everybody already knew that no one of the main crew would die, so that failed, the break was just too long. All three cliffhangers were not really thrilling, there was no doubt there´d be a happy ending.

Well, since they tried to copy "Rear View Window", they should have sent Stella, she sort of had the part of Grace Kelly :lol:. But I agree, there were quite some illogical things, especially the gas seemed to trouble the writers, they always forgot to write in precautions for the characters :D.
    And yes, Stella´s enthusiasm for Peyton´s return was very weird and incredible. It wasn´t a great episode, but Mac and Stella working together on the case would have made it a lot more enjoyable.

Yes, but they were lucky to become the first, or so they think.

It was repeated last week ;), and now agree that it should have been Stella and not Sheldon to solve the case with Mac and arrest the woman. She was at Stella´s class, so Stella felt responsible in a way for what happened and therefore it should have been her prerogative to go for the case. But generally S5 had much better stuff to offer than S6.

I hope so, too; the fans should vote with the ratings. I agree, this wouldn´t do SW any favour.
    Stella was Stella, so let Jo be Jo, a person in her own right.

Yes, let´s go through all genres :D.

You´re welcome ;).

Oh well, wishful thinking :p, that would have been too good to be true, but unfortunately it was MK´s contract they wanted to discuss, not that of AB :devil:.

Maybe it was like that and maybe, once she´s written an episode for Stella, MK wasn´t content anymore with what they wrote for this character in due course, and maybe, just maybe MK wanted to have a bit more say and the differences between her and the writers grew. Certainly S6 would have been completely different if she or the others had had more say.

We can only speculate, but I assumed that she probably was told as a child that her parents died; I mean, children are curiuos, I´m pretty convinced that little Stella asked her foster parents or whoever where her parents are or what happened to them. And as an adult she might not have questioned the truth of what she was told as a child, because she was scared to find out painful things, I suppose.

Now wasn´t her mother involved in the smuggling of paintings, the one she once received from Prof P as a present when she finished the academy?
    Yes, he had been lying to her, maybe to protect her or because he didn´t want to hurt her by telling her that her Mum was dead, so he claimed not to have known her. Well, MK had to write it that way that Stella never investigated about her parents before, otherwise it would have been illogical, because it was never mentioned before that Stella ever looked for her parents and what´s happened to them. So everybody would then have asked: "Aha, so when was that, when did she find out about her Mum, and why was it never mentioned all the seasons before?" :D

I would guess so, at least this would make more sense than just a short time- how can they catch up with all the knowledge, specialists or not, in just a few months?

:lol:

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yea! What was THAT about?:wtf:
    NOT! So sorry.:p
    HA! If only!:lol:

10. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I agree... in a way. Had they made Adam a little bit more mature then I could have seen them together. Him in a very contrasting way to the guys she dated before. However, the way they had it, he was just that tad too childish for her. Too goofy. No one who could have given her the emotional warmth and understanding she needs because I don't think it's the sex that matters to her.

I agree to that. It would probably be insane to have everyone have a say in things and it's not like Danny and Lindsay and Hawkes had that many character defining scenes... in the episodes they're having those I guess it's fine to let them mention one thing or another.
    Though I don't think it should be a huge thing, just when the script comes out and they feel like something should be changed they should consider doing so.
    The question is, if the actors get the entire episode script or just for the scenes necessary then it might be hard for them to say something because things are filmed out of order.

I don't think I'll have fun with him :p

I'm quite glad that it was MK who wrote that episode :p

I guess if they had known that they'll mess up the negotiations they wouldn't have messed them up. If they still had messed them up it would have seemed as if they had done so on purpose :p

Yeah... I'm thrilled about that :p I quite liked that burden ;)

No, I didn't mean that it was the beginning of something but it still deepened their bond even more.
    Like, I never felt that Stella considered staying permanently, just that she wanted to give the painting back but that she would be back in NY so in fact, there was no real need for Mac to go after her. That he did, well... And that final scene as well, in his office. That episode had more Mac-Stella in it than any other episode before and whether the other characters were there or not... They could have done with Danny and Don for the scene at the professor's but everyone else they could have scratched. That episode would have been able to "live" with just those four actors.

I agree. She sort of did mention that in the interview anyway. Well, she didn't say she wasn't happy about it but she said that it went to the point at which Stella wouldn't have tolerated it, so I guess that could mean she wasn't happy with it ;)

That yes, and I don't think they really could have expected high ratings after what they did with Stella and Adam. I think that decision was unpopular before it was made :p

To be honest, I would prefer MK every day... not saying that Grace Kelly was a bad actress but compared to MK if find her rather... bland at least in that movie. So, Forlani might have been the better choice after all... I found her quite bland as well.

I certainly wouldn't object to that. Besides, with Stella and Mac there would have been more logic in it. Stella could have taken all the precautions when searching the apartmen (as could have anyone else form the team) because she's trained for that. She wouldn't have been in there unarmed and would have been able to defend herself.
    So, that entire episode contained all that weird things because they had to make Peyton the main character. Even if they wanted Peyton in it, they still could have done so while having the investigators investigate and not her. They never mixed Peyton into the investigation in season 3, why they had to do it in that episode, I don't know. They could have kept Peyton and the investigation separate. She still could have known that guy but it would have made more sense had Mac called Stella or whoever else and Peyton would have let them into the apartment.
    Though I don't know if that had been an illegal search...

Yes, that exactly was my point. But instead they had Sheldon go and even have him tell that woman how she could get a reduced sentence. If that wasn't a slap into Stella's face I don't know what it was.

Yes, the episode was good and often, in S5, the episodes were good but the endings then were quite unsatisfactory. Or the episodes were good but it had to be Mac who turned out to be the hero.

Well, they covered crime, mystery and soap opera already :D

Yeah... and we all know how that turned out :p

I would be surprised if it weren't that way, however, the question is, how much the others cared.
    I remember reading somewhere that someone said that MK was picking up on continuity mistakes and all and said that fans would notice, so she obviously picked up on that herself. If the others were that way or if they cared... that we don't know. Maybe they were just doing their job?!
    I think MK would still have been not satisfied with Stella had she not written that episode because she's been playing that character for so long and has gotten to know her.

The way I understood GFD was that she didn't know anything about her parents because in Greece when Mac tells her she mentions that the professor told her, that he hadn't known her mother to which Mac replies that it's hard for him to tell her now and that he couldn't imagine telling that to a small child. So, this was all news to her.
    According to that episode, Stella was in St. Basil's after the foster care so she met the professor afterwards. Had her questions been answered already by the foster parents she wouldn't have needed to ask the professor anymore.

Her mother was part of the restauration team for an art exhibit. The painting was the last thing she worked on which is why the professor gave it to Stella. Yet the painting was legally in the US. It just didn't return to where it belonged, apparently.

Well, I'm not saying that would have been MK's job, that would have been the writers job to consider everything that belongs to an orphan and that includes trying to find something out about the parents.
    The episode with Stella's foster sister would have been good to mention something, for example. In any case, we don't really know what Stella knew about her parents because that was never mentioned. I guess we all assumed they were dead but I didn't consider her to have been born in Greece, for example. I thought she had been born in the US to Greek-Italian parents.
    The question is how Stella managed to remain in the US. Her mother was killed but there was that entire art exhibit team, so... was there no one in Greece who would have taken Stella in? With those big families they have in those countries? No grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin whatever? That seems a bit strange. Just as strange as them keeping the child in the US and not having sent her back to Greece because she wasn't a US citizen. I'm not so sure they would have kept her. I think it's likely they would have send her back to live in an orphanage in Greece.

11. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, as I said I thought Adam seemed a bit more mature, so it could have worked ;), at least for a while. But when he got back to his old goofy style, it would or should have ended.

I agree, where they have stories in the episodes, they should have some say and discuss their scenes.
    I don´t know, I suppose they get the scripts with their lines and dialogues, but otherwise they get a rough summon up of what the episode is about.

I think I can understand this :D.

I can understand this, too :p.

They would have at least tried not to mess them up, one should think, but what do we know....;).

Yes, she was their beast of burden :lol:.

I agree, I never thought either, that she ever considered to stay in Greece, but the reason why Mac followed her was rather that he was scared she´d do something she might regret or could put herself in danger, after all he knew that the murderer of Kolovos and Diakos was still free and obviously fled to Greece.
    The final scene was lovely, though I thought Mac was a bit shy when Stella told him how lucky she was to have him in her life ;).

Yes, when Stella wouldn´t have tolerated it, so neither would MK ;).

Yes, but nonetheless they made it which shows how their brains work sometimes, or don´t work :D.

Absolutely, though I love "Rear Window" for its suspense and thrill, so that Grace Kelly wasn´t really important anyway- that would be different if MK would have played that part- then and in Point of View ;).

I absolutely agree with everything. They could have integrated Peyton in a different way into the episode than to make her Mac´s partner for the investigations of that case. It was irresponsible the way Mac behaved and very unusual for him.

Exactly, I found that weird how Sheldon acted as a Gentle Knight to try and help this woman to get away with a reduced sentence.

I agree, all in all it was a good season with some episodes ending silly or Mac having his hero story.

So, what´s left? :D

Yes, one gone, one left, but not in the right order :D.

Yes, maybe MK was just more caring for continuity mistakes, because she knew fans noticed it and she thought that fans deserved logical stories, not to mention that she thought that Stella deserved logical stories. It was the right thing for her to write GfD, no one could have done it better.
    I don´t know about the others, but MK certainly hinted that she wasn´t happy about the developments of S6.

I agree, she didn´t know that the Professor had known her mother, because he had denied it when she asked and it was a plausible reason that maybe he would have found it too painful for a little child to explain her what´s happened to her Mum. Yeah, agree again, she obviously didn´t get any informations or answers from her foster parents.

OK; I just wasn´t sure anymore whether or not there was something illegal about the painting. So all that smuggling stuff happened later when her Mum was already dead.

The entire history wasn´t MK´s job, but she had to take care of what was ever mentioned before about it to avoid contradictions and illogical stuff. Nevertheless some questions remained, e. g. like you said how come that the little girl could stay in the USA, despite obviously not having any relatives there who could take care of her? And it´s practically impossible that her Mum didn´t have any family in Greece, mother, grandmother, siblings, cousins, etc., there should have been at least one person who´d have taken the girl back to Greece. Maybe the Professor had already his hands in it? But what good did that do to keep her in the states in an orphanage and in foster care if sending her back to her mother´s family seemed the better and logical option?
    Yes, "Cold Reveal" would have been a great opportunity to explain more about Stella´s background, unfortunately it was wasted.

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

That is a good question. Was her mother into the smuggling as well or did she just work on the painting and Pro P steal it or just did not return it. And I cant remember if they ever mentioned her father? Your right about the extended family members where were all of them?

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

So, should we go with the something positive comes out of everything negative and be happy that priorities have moved away from the love triangle? Can't believe they planned to keep it up - and there's that tiny teeny problem about Peyton and London and the working permit for the US which I still don't know how she would have gotten the first time because her job certainly couldn't have been done by any American.
    Though I'm really scared to ask what they had planned - and maybe MK was as well :D Or rather, she did know and got scared ;)

Maybe he was just unsure thus not as goofy?
    I don't know... I still didn't see him as different besides, I don't think it would have made much sense had he acted like a goof straight away. Like, it would have been as if nothing had happened and he had to talk to Stella about that first :p

Yes, I would think so too. I guess they get to discuss scenes with the directors but the writers? Probably not as much, however, they are on a tight schedule, so I acknowledge that it's very difficult. Still, it's no excuse for how they butchered the show.

Well... :p

I wonder if they agreed. Somehow I have a feeling they doubt that. And while I want to believe that, I'm still not so sure. Just afraid I'm reading too much into what I want to be because Stella was such a great character and I want her to have had that much impact.

Yes... though that was one action I think Mac didn't think about for a change. It also showed a different side of Mac's character, don't you think?
    In any case, I never really thought about why Mac followed Stella... I found it natural though, given their relationship.

Yes, he definitely was and I liked it. It was very much him.

Obviously she didn't :p

No comment :D

Yes, me too, I love the movie; I love Hitchcock in general and I didn't consider it a every good ... contribute to him.
    I'm not sure I would have wanted MK in the original. I think that's one role she wouldn't have been suited to play because she's a different type of woman. But she should have been in the NY version, I agree entirely ;)

Unusual is a very nice way of putting it :p
    Also, it's not really character development because this was out of the profile they established. Again, all thanks to that silly love triangle...

Well, I found it very Sheldon like. I can't remember what made him do so but I understood why he did so. But it doesn't change the fact that it was unfair to Stella. I think it might have even been interesting if the ending had been Stella and Sheldon, or the arresting in any case instead of Mac because Mac was the least invovled. So it could have prompted some strong contrast between Sheldon and Stella, also, Stella would have for once not been the compassionate one. Which in that case wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Comedy? :p

Yeah, I can imagine that it upset her not simply because of the fans but because she was playing a character in the show. I suppose small things can be overlooked. Like Stella suddenly having been in foster care. Okay, it doesn't make much sense but I think one can live with that. But there were just more and more things which didn't make sense, so... I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of her departure. After all, she stands for something on that show, she is a part of the show.

Given how the writing has been going, I'd have to agree. I'm afraid to imagine what it would have been like had it been someone else who had written it... not mentioning any names ;)
    Well, I haven't been reading much articles last season but I do get the impression that MK was the only one who cared in the way she did and who thought about the character, what she was giving it, where it was going, where the show was going...

That wasn't said, maybe the smuggling has already been going on, after all, being part of the restoration team was ideal for the professor to be smuggling. Exchanging originals with fakes...
    So, yes, there was something illegal about the painting because it was the original and should have been in a museum but her mother didn't smuggle it because the painting was part of an art exhibit.

Yes and I think she did a good job making the unlogic logic.

Exactly, so it doesn't make sense that he would have kept her in the states. And he should have known that there's family in Greece. Which is why I never assumed Stella was born in Greece - that and the visa issue. If her mother had run away from home or had been an illegal immigrant it would have made a lot more sense. Or if her mother's family had been an illegal immigrant and her father were unknown... I guess there's more possibilities but having her remain in the US while being a Greek citizen doesn't really make sense.

14. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Even with all the arguements that permeate nowadays on this thread, I've pretty much closed the books on CSI:NY and have turned off all the lights on the official TV-Show, discarded CBS into the trash and consider it 'cancelled' for all I care now. I'm looking forward to future Melina projects.

Stella literally crossed through a reality plane, completely left the CBS/CSI universe and crossed over into my own. Mac and the other CSI's went after her but she pressed the button and closed the portal on them and when they thought they would pass through, the plane disappeared and they ended up crashing into cans of hot garbage. :hugegrin::brickwall::angryrazz::rolleyes:

Stella gets a whole state named Bonasera with it's capital being Stellapolis, with Corleone Heights, Soprano Ridge, Sollozo River, Red Fanucci Grove, and Sassone River being suburbs, an entire mountain range called the Bonasera Mountains which are snowcapped, a stratovolcano (Think Mt. Pinatubo in the Phillipines) called Stella's peak which is currently spewing tons of ash and smoke, disrupting flights and causing weird weather patterns :devil:, and Stella also has major streets all over my country named after her. :D :hugegrin:

Mac gets nothing! He only enters my universe as a despised pariah. :devil::evil::angryrazz::angryrazz::rolleyes: Stella literally altered the fabric of my imagination forever. She joins Carmen Sandiego, and Demona (From Gargoyles) as among my favorite fictional female characters of all time who left their mark on me. All three lived, never were killed off and can now unleash their mayhem on everyone else now. Mac, Danny, Flack, Hawkes, Adam, and Lindsay all died out and were forgotten...Good riddance!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  15. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, thanks to MK leaving, the world will be saved from a love triangle :D. Yes, they had planned to continue it and of course, they didn´t bother with details like how Peyton can go back to work in the States ;)

Well, if this was his way to show he was unsure then it was quite a mature way :lol: as well as he behaved towards Haylen; he seemed to defend his territory, that was quite in a mature way, too. He certainly felt different after the night with Stella, I´d assume, because she surely didn´t treat him like he was a goofy during that night :lol:.

I agree, it would be too time consuming to discuss everything with the writers, it´s mostly up to the directors to discuss the scenes with the actors and maybe at that point there´s still space for the actors to try and have a bit of say of how they want to play certain scenes.

I don´t know, maybe in the end to them it´s just another episode happening in this business; they´re used to to deal and negotiate with actors and they always want to win. So in a way they lost Stella and MK, but from their point of view they will interprete it as having won over her: they made the terms and it was take it or leave it for MK, rather than her trying to force her conditions on them. We can only hope that NY will continue to fall so that they see what they have done.

I´m not so sure, usually Mac never does anything without thinking it over :D. But in any way he was surely simply worried about Stella and I agree, it showed the different side of his character in that way that he was mainly worried as a friend about a friend and just the second thought was to worry about her doing perhaps something stupid that could ruin her career. His anger from the beginning had faded quickly, now his mission was just to follow and support her.

Yes, it was a bit unusual for him ;), as if it embarrasses him to get flattered with compliments.

Yes, maybe it would have been better to write it as a sort of parody and a not too serious episode, which brings us back to comedy :lol:. Hitchcock generally prefered blondes, so MK wouldn´t have had a chance anyway :D. The more she should have had that in this episode :D.

Yes, it didn´t do no good, but they would, of course, claim otherwise.

It was when he learned that the stalker of that girl never was sentenced properly for stalking her and more or less was responsible for the suicide of the other girl in Providence, it reminded him of what had happened to his ex-girlfriend. And I agree, it was unfair to Stella and that´s a good idea that it would have been better to send Stella and Sheldon to arrest the girl, it would have been great to see them confronting each other with their opposite opinions considering this case. But no, it had to be once more Mac to get involved.

Rather horror :D.

Well, maybe they had told her their plans of how they wanted to continue with Stella´s story and maybe MK found it so absurd that it made it easier for her to leave. It may have been small things they´ve changed in her biography from time to time, but the fans noticed it and it´s annoying that they seemed to handle her vita so carelessly, as if they´d forgotten what they´d written originally.

Yes, like our math-genius :D.
    I agree, though I think that CG is very caring for his character, too. I remember the interview before the shoot out where he hardly could hide his annoyment as to why they are doing this. It seems he wasn´t very happy with the story. Though later he never seemed to be annoyed what they´ve made of his character- nice Daddy, nice husband, just a bore :p. But MK really put a lot of herself into Stella, it became a bit like her twin and you care very much for you twin sister, which must have made it very annoying for her to see what they made of Stella.

I guess her Mum didn´t know about the smugglings, it probably happened behind her back.

Yes, she knows how to think logical unlike some writers :D.

I agree, that´s also why I never thought she was born in Greece. Her Mum was just visiting for the exhibit, I don´t think she had any intentions to run away and not return to Greece which could have been a reason for Prof P. keeping little Stella in the States. So we should assume that her Mum had a family and/or husband waiting in Greece for her and they surely would have taken the little girl.