Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks for the info Destiny! I have a question regarding one of the spoilers:

Did Leah leave the team? I can't remember if she was in the sneak peek episode. So she just disappeared?

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I referred back to what your asking Geeno, awhile ago when I mentioned about the cast pictures.

Did Leah leave the team? I can't remember if she was in the sneak peek episode. So she just disappeared?

Actually she wasn't in the new ep that aired. And from what I can tell she isn't in any of the other new ones either. I read somewhere (maybe another board) that the actress was doing a movie or something like that) so but nothin was said in the ep that I know of or heard that indicated one way or another. But in all the cast pics I posted she isn't listed there, and I got those links from CTV.

Hope that helps. :)

3. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Sure it does. Thanks Destiny! And Daisy, thanks for the interviews! :)

Last night's episode, 'Severed Ties', was awesome! I watched it with my mom! :) Crime shows are not her type but when she saw the first few minutes, she was intrigued and finished it. Usually, it's my dad who watch these shows with me. The actress who played Maggie was awesome too. :thumbsup:

US Nielsen ratings for last night:
    10:00 Flashpoint 1.1/4 A18-49 5.99 million viewers
    10:30 Flashpoint 1.2/4 A18-49 6.47 million viewers
    source

Edit: Oh yeah Destiny, I just saw your post about Leah. Sorry for repeating. I don't know why I forgot about it - maybe because of the spoiler overload from other shows the past couple of weeks. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  5. Destiny

No problem, your welcome. I only got to see the last half hour. Who did not want to give Greg a hug? during that scene. I plan to watch the first part later today or tomorrow. So I will have to get back on that. :)

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I haven't had a chance to read/see all the articles/interviews, but I will. Thank you to those who posted them. I saw the episode last night minus the first 17 minutes. So I don't know what I missed during that time. It was an excellent ep. I'm putting the rest of my post in spoiler tags:

I liked that after everything the woman had done, there would be a happy ending eventually, since by the time she gets out of prison, her kids would be 18 and under no law preventing them from seeing their mother. Yes, Destiny, I too wanted to give Greg a hug in that scene. But speaking of hugs and wanting to get close, WTH was going on with Jules in this episode? :rolleyes: What was with all the schoolgirl boohoo?? This character already stretches credibility with me...I can't imagine someone like her being on a SWAT-type team like the SRU in Real Life...She just comes across too much like Little Miss Kitchen, so the last thing the writers should be doing is having her get a silly crush on the boss. They should be trying to show her in the most professional light they can to increase her believability as an SRU agent. Sheesh.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. Destiny

Okay two things coming at you.

Air Date: Friday, August 13, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#312) "Follow the Leader"

TWO BROTHERS GET CAUGHT UP IN A WHITE SUPREMACY GROUP THAT IS PLANNING A TERRORIST ATTACK. "Follow the Leader" - When two brothers get caught up in a white supremacy group that is planning a terrorist attack. - Team one learns that there will be an attack on a white supremacist compound and discovers that have a much bigger problem on their hands, team one must try to stop and the bombs from killing people.
    Air Date: Friday, August 20, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBSEpisode Title: (#313) "Whatever It Takes"

A HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE THREATENS SUICIDE AFTER HE IS KIDNAPPED AND BEATEN. Whatever It Takes" - When a high school athlete is kidnapped and beaten, the SRU's wonder why he would threaten suicide after they attempted to rescue him.​

Douglas Smith ("Big Love") Guest Stars as the High School Athlete.​

If your into seeing spoilers lol then Click Here to See "Follow the leader" Photo gallery this will air (Friday Aug 13th). For details on the ep, see above in the spoiler boxes I have listed.

Next up.

Source: CTV.ca

Tattiawna Jones is on call as Winnie Camden in CTV's 'Flashpoint'
    (Note: Winnie is the dispatcher on the show)

'Flashpoint's' Enrico Colantoni spending the summer travelling and just being a dad

With a sizzling new season of “Flashpoint” set to kick off Friday, Aug. 6 at 10 pm ET/9C, CTV.ca sat down with the stars of the hit series to hear how they’ll be spending the lazy days of summer while they’re not on the job. Next up is Enrico Colantoni, who plays Sgt. Gregory Parker.
    The Season 3 premiere entitled “Severed Ties” will feature a guest appearance by Kelly Rowan, who plays a knife-wielding woman who abducts two children. The episode will be available on demand at CTV.ca the day following the broadcast.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite thing to do in the summer?
    Enrico: Be a dad.

CTV.ca: What is the best summer vacation you’ve ever had?
    Enrico: Sitting by the pool in L.A. between seasons of “Just Shoot Me,” not having to do anything, knowing you had a job to go back to.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite summer song?
    Enrico: “Summer Wind” by Frank Sinatra.

CTV.ca: How will you be spending this summer?
    Enrico: A little work, a little parenthood, a little travel. We’re going to go to Monte Carlo and Italy.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
    Enrico: Tiramisu from La Paloma (in Toronto).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

"Follow the Leader" sounds totally interesting. As I've said before, I'm always fascinated by cult-type groups. But I'm dreading the continuation of what seems like a love triangle in the making with Jules, Greg and "Blondie" (Sam). :rolleyes: Can someone tell me this storyline is going to be short-lived with Jules getting over her crush soon and going back to Blondie. Please? So I won't have to [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. Destiny

Apparently this is a bunch of getting to know you little articles lol.

Jet skiing at the cottage a favourite summer pastime for 'Flashpoint's' Hugh Dillon

With a sizzling new season of “Flashpoint” now airing Friday nights at 10 pm ET/9C, CTV.ca sat down with the stars of the hit series to hear how they’ll be spending the lazy days of summer while they’re not on the job. Next up is Hugh Dillon, who plays Ed Lane.
    Missed an episode of “Flashpoint?” Full episodes are available on demand at CTV.ca.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite thing to do in the summer?
    Hugh: Jet ski.

CTV.ca: What is the best summer vacation you’ve ever had?
    Hugh: Going to a cottage in the Muskokas.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite summer song?
    Hugh: “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones.

CTV.ca: How will you be spending this summer?
    Hugh: After going to the World Television Awards in Monte Carlo with Enrico (Colantoni), I’m going to head to Rome and Paris. Enrico and I (are also planning) to jet ski in Monte Carlo and then we’ve got a cottage in the Muskokas so we’ll be doing that.

CTV.ca: What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
    Hugh: Neapolitan.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Man, that's SO Ontario- everyone goes cottaging in the Muskokas at some point! :lol:

And cool- we love the same ice cream!

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

What an intense episode last night! I like it very much.

US Nielsen ratings for last night:
    10:00 Flashpoint 1.1/4 A18-49 6.50 million viewers
    10:30 Flashpoint 1.2/4 A18-49 6.55 million viewers
    source

12. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

This episode was hands down one of the best so far. I liked the the previous one, but someone was wrong. Now I know what it was, it was the pace. It was going way too quickly, too much happend in too little time.

This episode however, was perfect. The shoot-out was amazing, thumbs up for the actors and director involved. The chase trought the city was very intense as well.

Everyone was at there best today. Greg backing up his team, even after getting shot; Ed saving Wordy and Greg while under fire; Spike and his bom difusing techniques (loved that look he shared with Greg when he told him to move out - brings back memories right?); Sam for talking down the kid; and Wordy and Jules for doing their jobes as usual. Felt sorry for Wordy when he told Greg that he's the one who takes the bullet. I however loved the jokes at the end about it.:lol:

I don't know what to think about Steve. He lookes weird. :shifty:

13. Destiny

I love the line Wordy says to Spike about Sam. (not exact quote)

Dangerous with a weapon, deadly with geometry. :lol:

Well we learned a couple things with this ep.
    -As Greg pointed out Ed's little guys are still swimming lmao.
    -Greg's son's name is Dean.
    -He has a cousin both he and his son keep in contact with.
    -Greg's ex wifes name is Joann, and they don't talk much.
    -Both guys are on Facebook and neithers kid will friend them.

Okay will add more later.

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

This last episode was very good with everything back to normal and no dreaded love triangle between team members. It made me wonder why the showrunners made Jules act the way she did in the previous episode. :confused:Hopefully, she'll go out with her old friend she met, and he'll only be a recurring character. I like this show because it doesn't focus too much on anything too soapy. I want to see the action and suspense and the precarious situations. I couldn't believe Greg got shot. That really surprised me!

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah. He looks like a bad guy who'll do something horrible in a future episode. But that's just me.