**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

UGH, I absolutely hate Ron Saris, I'd rather see Memmo...because the unfinished business really needs to be taken care of. Memmo needs to die, I xan't to see Horatio and Eric working together again like old times.

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

The episode is called Fade Out from Season 4.

I would also like to say Ron Saris. At least he's had a lasting effect than the schmuck who took out Delko's sister

3. Propto

Propto Dead on Arrival

I am wondering...why TPTB bring back the recurring character just from Season 4? First Erica Sykes and now...

4. Court

Court Prime Suspect

My guess would be that they're completely tapped out of original ideas ... but that's just me. :shifty:

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I would have to agree. And I think that's been true for a very long time! :(

Bringing back tired, used up characters with repetitive, tired stories isn't going to help this show find the new life it so desperately needs.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

If they're gonna pull in season 4 characters I'd love to see what that old hag Monica West is up too.....I'd have rather seen her escape from jail than Meemo. Natalia - Monica - b*tchfight ...I'd pay to see it. :lol:

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

YES. This needs to happen. :lol:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'd so be there with my popcorn. :lol:

9. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

So, I must be the only one who liked the Marisol, Rio, Riaz, Meemo epi's? I actually think that with Meemo coming back, we will see some great H/Eric action. I agree that Meemo does not know about E/C, so doubt Calleigh will be a target. Meemo may be out for revenge from being put in prison, but H/Eric already settled their revenge by killing Riaz. So, I look at it this way. Meemo will try to take down H/Eric and will be unsuccessful. But, he will be focusing more of his efforts on trying to find his daughter. I really think there could be a good story there. I can see Meemo trying to get his daughter and in the end, H, Eric and the team get justice for the daughter and capture Meemo and put him back in prison. It could work and be a great epi if they write it correctly and be creative. It will be interesting to see what they come up with, who Meemo takes hostage and what/who else he is after.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  10. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I doubt you're the only one, but there are quite a few people who disliked these episodes.

The Marisol storyline I found to be annoying at best and insulting at worst. I didn't mind the idea of Eric having a sister who had cancer, but the execution was horrible. I have never seen someone going through chemo who looks as glamorous as Marisol did. Alana de la Garza didn't have to shave her head, but for goodness sake, they could've put a bald cap on her. If, as she said to Horatio, Eric had to help her eat, she wouldn't look perfectly made up and dressed head-to-toe in designer clothes all the time. No, I'm not saying cancer patients have to wear hospital gowns 24/7, or make sweatpants the latest fashion trend. It's just that Marisol didn't look any different than anyone else on the show, and none of them, to my knowledge, were battling cancer.

Marisol and Horatio getting together...oy vey. I'm not even going to go there. It just made no sense.

Riaz wasn't anything special. Just another bad guy.

Memmo I was indifferent towards. Didn't love him, didn't hate him.

The Rio episode...ugh. No thanks. Horatio and Eric should've been mature enough to realize that "getting revenge" wouldn't bring back Marisol. It's not important to the greater good of Miami. Yes, Riaz was "responsible" for her death. But if it wasn't him, it would've been another Mala Noche member. The important thing was to take down the gang as a whole, not just one individual. That would've been productive. "WAHHHHHHH, you kill my sister/wife, now I kill you! I can't channel my anger into doing something that would actually do Miami some good!" is not productive. I expected better from both of them, but Horatio especially.

11. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Thank you! Those were exactly my thoughts when I watched S4. It was so annoying that TPTB didn't even TRY to make that cancer story look realistic. I really thought it was kind of insulting to the intelligence of the audience.

12. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

Exactly! I never understood the Rio episode. I didn't like it either. It seemed so hypocritical of Horatio. I could understand Eric doing that a little more just because he's such an explosively emotional guy sometimes. But Horatio has always supposed to have been image of the ideal cop, one who sees justice as black and white and serves it implicitly, erego if you break a law, you serve the consequences no matter who you are. like when a kid or someone with a really good reason for committing a crime does something wrong, he still always made sure they paid for it.

But suddenly his wife is the victim and now he's exempt from the law? I hated that. As much of an evil bugger as Riaz was, Horatio did NOT have the right to take justice into his own hands and kill him. Isn't that the code or whatever that he supposedly lives by?? That justice should only be served by those who serve the law implicitly?

Oh well. I didn't like the storyline then and I don't like the idea of dredging it up again now. :rolleyes: TPTB can't afford this silly crap with the show making the potentially dangerous move to Sunday nights. Can the show survive on such an awful time slot? I think it's certainly strong enough. But it won't be for long if the writers don't get their act together and get us some freaking original material!!! :scream:

13. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

In the intervening time since "Rio" first ran, we seem to have lost track of the context of the script.

(1) Horatio and Eric, while obviously outside their scope of authority, went to Mexico, not to kill Rias, but to return him to Miami.
    (2) Rias was not murdered by Horatio; he was killed in defense of Eric.

14. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

You are so right! That's the story I hated the most in CSI Miami. Because of this Rio thing, revange stuff and how boring mafia stuff I stopped watching CSI Miami. I resumed watching thanks to EC in late season 5.
    I also stopped to like Horatio thanks to his storyline with Marisol. Talk about soap opera!:guffaw:The relationship was so unbeliveable, so rushed, so obvious that it will end tragically that it didn't interest me at all.
    And it was insulting how glamourous Alana de la Garza looked - I know 2 people suffering from leukemia and none of them looked half as pretty:( They still, even though they survived, don't look as well as before the ilness.
    So I'm not happy that this storyline will be revived at all.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh goodness here we go again. :lol:

I tend to think it was more about justice opposed to seeking revenge. At the end of 'One of our Own' they had Riaz in custody, Horatio was ok with that and so was Eric....they got their man, until he cut a deal & was shipped back to Brazil. Had Horatio or Eric wanted to kill him, they'd have already done so when they had him in Miami.
    As Inthewind pointed out, they went to Brazil to bring Riaz back, not to kill him. His death was result of a violent confrontation in where he had Eric at knife-point.

That issue aside. I did fully enjoy the Mala Noche storyline, it was great for that time IN season 4. However, IMO, it should've ended with 'Rio'. I didn't care for 'Ambush' when it reared it's ugly head in again, nor do I care to see it again with Meemo's return.
    For the most part, it's because I'm sick of them dredging up Marisol! H has lost many loved ones, and yes I feel for the guy, but isn't it about time to move him past Marisol's death?!! Please!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.