CSI: NY Moves to Friday Night at 9pm Next Season

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 19, 2010.

1. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The convergence of Kanakaredes leaving, and now Friday night slow just might as well be where the show just simply ends and the post-CSI life begins, at least to me. I never saw Friday nights as TV time but as a time to go out and do things outside the house.

2. lep123

lep123 Civilian

I'm new here, so bare with me. As an aside, I have the same problem, I love Bones. And Big Bang Theory has never been online, ever. So, I'll be DVRing it.

Now, as for this fabulous show, I started watching NY because of Stella. It has become one of my favorite shows with her as my favorite character. I was willing to follow it to any timeslot. And for a brief 24 hour period I was going to let it die on Fridays without me watching it ever again. I was heartbroken that Melina was leaving. Then, I was reminded that I've been a fan of Sela's since I was 10 (I'm 29 now). I'm now super excited for the new season and will make sure I watch every Friday night.

Fridays aren't bad if there is a show worth watching. My dad watched Numbers faithfully every Friday night until it ended. I've just never really had anything to watch since ABC's TGIF nights. I think that was the last time Friday nights were appointment television.

3. nilesgirl

nilesgirl Civilian

This totally sucks. I, too, am never home on Friday nights. Why did they do this?! Now I'm going to have to rely on the internet and season DVD's. I think this is a sign that CSI: NY is about to end. Although I haven't really seen any "jump the shark" moments yet in any episodes, the fact they are moving it to a night where everyone goes out is not a good sign. I have to admit, I think I know how the series will end. I've had my gears turning big time about what would make a good series finale.
    Let's hope that doesn't come for a long time, though.
    I am very very VERY unhappy about this move!

4. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

friday night this has me really worried for the ratings. although i will watch.

5. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

I too am worried about the show moving to Fridays. Even though that works prefectly fine for me, I know that other people like to go out on Fridays so that wouldn't work for them.

I don't think that it is a sign that CSI: NY is ending though. Yeah, season 6 was sort of handled badly and everything but I think that since it lost so many viewers, that maybe the writers will take that as a wake-up call and they'll go back to making CSI: NY the amazing show that we all know and love :) Plus, even though it did lose viewers, it still does have so many faithful fans still watching so hopefully next season will be better with the new character and all. And who knows, it might get some more viewers because Sela Ward is so well-known.

Also, I read somewhere that they moved CSI: NY and CSI: Miami because they are both strong shows and that they will improve that timeslot so...

6. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting for NY :)

When I heard that I thought ughhh Miami now NY? This will be a big change.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hey KAiLUxO, welcome to NY! :)

I thought moving NY to Fridays was a stupid move by CBS just to give way to an annoying comedy-legal show. But this might turn things around and make NY meet some bored stay-at-home Friday viewers. Plus we have Sela Ward. :thumbsup:

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Quite frankly, I am pretty annoyed with CBS. First, it stated when I heard they were moving Big Bang Theory to Thursday. Thursday is my favorite TV night because of the NBC comedies and I already have to tape Fringe on Fox. But I digress.

As for CSI NY, I do feel that the move will kill the series. I am not too upset about Melina leaving because I watch for Sinise and some of the other characters. I am not a fan of Sela Ward, so I also wonder if the show can survive with her presence. Regardless, I'll watch it on Friday and deal with Ward and the poor time slot.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

this move for CSI:NY is not good. it's already the least watched CSI it doesn't need anything else to screw with it.

i have a feeling that when CBS sees that NY is floundering in the ratings they will move the show back to wednesdays. no network has paitence waiting for a new show to pick up in the ratings so when the new shows do crap in the ratings they'll move NY back.

if this was Miami or Vegas i would not be worried but NY has never gotten any credit or acclaim so i'm worried.

10. paige4donmacdan

paige4donmacdan Hit and Run

cant wait !!:thumbsup:

11. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I feel like NY is going to go downhill one with Melina leaving and then being moved to Friday it is going to suffer. 1 I am not watching NY anymore because Melina is gone and 2 Friday is the worst night to have a show air, because everyone is busy with other plans and such. Not looking good...

12. Country233

I don't know why NY never got the due of the other shows. Personally I find the actors on the other CSIs really annoying. Especially David Caruso :shudders: I can't stand how he over acts.

But I do also show favortism because I like Sinise.

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I have a feeling that CSI:NY won't tank this season as many people think.The show continues to get higher ratings in it's repeats compared to Medium which is the only CBS show that survived on Sunday nights last year.In fact I expect CSI:NY to dominate not only it's timeslot but the whole night.

14. Country233

I really hope so. I will watch until Sinise leaves. I wonder if he'll bail now that Melina flew the coup.

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The new CBS show The Defenders that now airs on Wendesdays taking CSI:NY's old timeslot premiered last night with only 12.09 million viewers and a 2.9 in the 18/49 rating.It was way down compared to NY's premiere a year ago(15.06 million viewers and a 4.0 in the 18/49 category).

I hope CBS realises it's mistake soon and relocate CSI:NY back to it's old timeslot.