What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by baybeehannah, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Court

Court Prime Suspect

So ... :shifty:

I'm gonna miss Jesse's ties. He knew how to work that neckwear. :thumbsup:

(I know that's a lame post. Just trying to lighten the mood.)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The purple tie and that bright blue one were my faves. :)

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

He's entirely too pretty for them to just kill him off...:shifty:

On a less shallow note, I'll miss him. I liked him. Season 8 is the most I've seen of any Miami season, so in some ways Jesse seemed as much a "core" character as Natalia, Eric, or Frank. Additionally, the threesome of Walter, Ryan and Jesse, I find it hard to believe TPTB were willing to break that. It was a kind of buddy-bromance-system I haven't really seen on the show before S8, and imo it made the show just that little more enjoyable. I suppose they could keep this element alive with just Walter and Ryan, but guys' night out is so much less fun when it's only two of them :lol: (Unless Eric gets over his issues with Ryan and joins them, that could be good.)

Tbh, I'm more disappointed that they're killing him; in general, I'm not too impressed with the finality of the way Miami characters are sometimes written out. Especially now that Jesse's name has been cleared, I wish he'd at least go back to L.A.; maybe make some recurring appearances later on...

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Not lame at all, I love the new "mood", it's just what I wanted to see in here. :p

I think I'll miss 2 things the most --

1. the potential. I never wanted to see this character be thrown in our face & take over, but I didn't want to see him go away either. I liked knowing that with him there could be fresh storylines & new relationships that I might have grown fond of. Opportunities never to be seen now.

2. *shallow fan girl moment* His dimples. He was quite the cutie, and I loved that smile.

5. yen35

yen35 Witness

I totally agree with you. If the boss of the company thinks there are too many people, he will decide that someone has to go. I cant imagine that people working there (people besides the boss) have a say in who stays and who leaves or that by coming back, they knew someone would get fired. Some shows like Grey's have so many characters compared to CSIM and they all get equal prominence. So if the writers were really clever, they could have written a perfectly good script while keeping Jesse and everyone else.

6. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

True, he isn't involved in running/managing what they say, but he is very much heavily involved with the site. And thank you for adding what was actually said by Adam via Twitter. A lot of people made up their own mind about that and twisted what was actually said. All they have to do is go back and look and excuse the pun... the evidence is there!

I find it ridiculous that people blamed Adam for Eddie leaving and vice versa for Adam leaving. For Eddie's situation I blame a lot of it on TPTB. They were the ones that came out and said Eddie was Adam's "replacement". But do people also forget that Walter and Tom were also the "replacements"? I don't believe that either of those 3 were there to replace Adam at all. I personally feel they wanted to try something new with the show and it WAS working.

Having Jesse moving back to LA would surely be the easier option right? The writers clearly like the "easy way out" so I'm guessing killing him off would require some mild creativity from the writers and a little extra budget from CBS, something that we all know they are very tight with!

Bring back eddie and have him pop his head in every once in a while I say!

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I wanted more Jesse/Walter/Ryan interaction. I got the biggest kick out of "big brother" Jesse trying to keep Walter and Ryan in line *sigh* Oh well.

I agree yen35. No one I work with has any pull in that regard. Fair or not, it is usually last one hired, first one fired (since Walter was the brainchild of JB, he was safe). I still maintain they could have kept Jesse if the writing staff was up to snuff, but this group is terrible at best:(

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Not lame at all, Court! His ties aren't the only thing I'm going to miss. Jesse is awfully easy on the eyes ... not to mention competent, charming, smooth, charismatic ... :drool:

9. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Completely with you there.

I know a lot of people complain about the scene in "Hostile Takeover" where Jesse rips off his shirt to help Danielle, but I thought it was total win. :drool: I never tire of watching it.

To each his own, but I think Jesse is smokin' hot. Such a shame to waste such tasty eye candy.

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I can't hold back any longer. I've just gotta put my 2 cents worth in on this thread.

I agree with both of you.:thumbsup: I also agree with Court's location: Wondering why TPTB keep killing off people I like.:thumbsup: :adore:I love Jesse.:adore: I'm gonna get it from the fans of these characters for what I'm about to say...boy, am I gonna get it...but if TPTB just "had to" kill off a character why couldn't it have been Eric or Calleigh or...if this were season 4...Natalia. Back in season 4, I wouldn't have lost any sleep if they'd decided to kill Natalia. But now, Natalia is like Stetler, she's grown on me. I'd miss her. I miss Stetler. As much as I want to and try to go back to hating Stetler, I can't. Anyway, my point is they didn't give Jesse time to grow on people. They didn't even give the character time to be developed. To me, that's like burning a Polaroid picture saying it's bad before you even see how good or bad the picture really is. As far as blame goes...I blame Les Moonves-President of CBS, CSI: Miami's accounting dept., the executive producers, the producers and the writers.

What Do You Think About Eddie Cibrian's Departure?
    It's makes me sad.:( It also makes me mad.:klingon:
    I'm seriously thinking of going to Facebook and closing my fan page I started titled KEEP CSI: MIAMI ON MONDAY NIGHT. I'm also seriously considering totally boycotting the show. Totally boycotting means I wouldn't be watching season 9 or any seasons after it and season 8 would be the last season I'd buy on DVD. I think one reason I hate Eddie's character Jesse leaving is Jesse spiced things up. Like in the episode "Dude, Where's My Groom?" he didn't have a problem searching that striper/exotic dancer's bag without a search warrant when it looked like she was leaving town and he found that drug she slipped the groom and his 2 groomsmen. In that episode where that girl died of e-coli and her boyfriend died of botulism, I love how Jesse got that farm owner to agree to let him, Ryan and Walter look around. He threatened to check all the workers to see if they were living and working in the United States legally. I'm afraid without Jesse, Walter and Ryan won't add enough spice to keep the show from going back to season 4 and season 7 blah.:shifty:

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree with most of your post except for this. Jessie/Eddie can never define who Ryan/Jon is; he is an amazing actor and character. I will however miss the big brother vibe Jessie had going on with Ryan and Walter; it was fun to watch.:)

12. yen35

yen35 Witness

Don't stop watching! Don't you think that the plots of season 8 were really great? I loved the stories of Dishonor, In the Wind and Getting Axed (there are people in my office like in the office of this episode!). You can still watch it even if Jesse is not there. You must be liking some of the characters from seasons 1-7. I love every single person on the show (some more than others) and the plots so I'll still be watching even if one of them is not there. My other favorite show is Grey's where I also love all the people and still watch it even tho Izzie and George left.

13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

At least Speedle's death had some roots in prior episodes, where it became clear gun maintenance was not his strong suit. Wasn't there a show where Horatio gave him a gun cleaning kit for his birthday? :lol: And they gave him the courtesy of a cameo after the funeral. Even Cooper got the courtesy of a "comeback" after he was written out of the show.

Based on the recently-posted short, it sounds like EC wasn't even given the courtesy of being on set for the first show next season. Apparently, his murder will have already happened at some time in the past. First, it seems heavy-handed and disrespectful to viewers. Second, it's just plain awkward writing--to excise an entire season of material as if there is no story arc between seasons.

Here's a much better, and more creative start to next season:

[Helicopter flies down South Miami Beach. It's a cool Spring weekday, and the beaches are relatively empty. The chopper fixates on two figures in street clothes, sitting in a cabana, drinking umbrella drinks. As the camera zooms in, it's clear the redhead is Horatio, dressed in his standard "too dark to be appropriate for Miami suit." The other's face is hidden by a straw hat...

Quick cut to the beach. The stranger jumps as if woken from a bad dream...]

[Horatio Caine] Speed...you OK?
    [Tim Speedle] Yeah, but I just had the wildest dream.

[Horatio's cell phone rings...he pauses for a moment].

[Horatio Caine] Well, Pam Ewing, [puts on sunglasses] you can tell me all about it in the van, we've got a 187 in the Glades.

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :guffaw:

14. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

im sad eddie's leaving he was a fine piece of man to look at..lol

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I have to agree; Jon is a very talented actor who has turned Ryan into a stong character. Ryan/Jon more than held his own before Jesse's arrival and will continue to even though Jesse is gone.