Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

*Hugs Stetler and Ecklie* Aw, it's okay, I still like you both. Not everyone thinks you're heartless monsters.

I still find it weird that Ryan didn't know what a cougar was. I mean I'm like half his age and spend all my time indoors, and even I'm aware of the term. I'm hoping this doesn't have to do with the evil writers dumbing him down in laters eppies.

And I'm still waiting on the edge of my seat for Travers to return, Dave and Maxine as well.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Sorry, but I thought last night's episode (803) was pretty rubbishy. Silly plot, people out of character, or no character at all. Down to writers! Disjointed, and full of missed opportunities. Just one example - why have Stetler in it and miss an opportunity for H to snipe at him? All right, two examples - would Calleigh and Eric really have taken that investigation so calmly (think back to 801). 'We were just doing our jobs/ looking after family.' 'Oh that's all right then. You can talk now.' It annoys me that a writer can ignore all the background and all the acting talent he's got and just knock together a silly plot and tack the characters on at random.

3. DragonFriend95

To be fair, I only gave it a six because of Natalia, Frank, Tom, Walter, and the whole lightning thing. If it weren't for that, I'd probably give it a 1 1/2, and that would only be for the women who basically said that being called cougars was sexist and degrading. There wasn't enough Ryan, too much of Jesse, none of the now recurring lab techs that are one of the few reasons that I watch the show, the E/C thing was boring and I zoned out in the last part.

So as you can see, I was being very generous :lol:

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I must admit, I thought a 6 was way too generous!

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah, not one of the best episodes. It had a silly plot and some odd characterization- but not a bad way to spend an hour (and this is the second time ive seen it)
    1. Yeah, Ryan doing the opening line! (although he did mumble it rather :rolleyes:)
    2. I dont mind Jesse. Yes he is good looking, so that helps. I thought this episode maybe had a little too much screentime for him, but thats to be expected when they are just introducing him. And he seems nice enough. (and trust me, in a few episodes time his screentime will be more of an issue :() I liked the scene with Natalia- 'tarzan'. The scene with Calleigh, where he tried to comfort her about the hearing seemed alittle out of place. I thought it should have been Ryan doing that scene. (but i am a Carwash shipper, so I suppose I am biased)
    3. I think Jesse and Walter have some nice chemistry. I wasnt overly fussed on Walter in this epi, but he grew on me throughout the season. And his character is different to any on Miami. Bit of comic relief.
    4. Tom is another one that has grown on me. I didnt like him in this episode, and even watching it again I still found him annoying. But he seems to calm down a tad later on. He was way to hyper in his scenes with H. Didnt seem like a proper coroner. I miss Alexx!
    5. Ryan had some funny scenes. Some of it did seem out of character- the stuff on the boat and the 'together' line with Nat. But he was sweet doing it, so I will let that pass. I always love his scenes with Frank- so enjoyed that.
    6. It was nice to see Ryan so friendly with Eric. I like seeing them as mates, rather than at each others throats all the time. Eric and Cal seemed wierd- you think she would be allowed to say hello, and exchange pleasantries at the least. They have a strange relationship. - oh and I also found the voiceover at the end funny :lol:
    7. I liked the fact that they had a character state that the term 'cougar' was degrading. Totally agree.
    8. I like Stetler. He was only doing his job. It is a shame he sidnt get a scene with H. They work off each other so well.
    Well, sorry it has been a long one. Leggo my Jodieo, have fun in Morecombe. I am off to Scarborough for a week, next week. :) (have fingers crossed for the sun to make an appearance.) So I will have to set my video for Miami, and it is finally an episode I have not already seen yet. Typical, ehh?

6. DragonFriend95

I actually liked Tom's hyperness, I'm a lot like that. Granted I don't work with bodies but still :p

I agree that the cougar scene with Ryan was a bit OOC, but tge boat...I don't know, I liked that scene too much to be unbiased.

7. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

I agree, I found it OOC for Ryan to not know what a 'cougar' is, even I know what one is, but I liked it because it was kind of funny when he said 'oooooooohhhhh'

Broke a Guinness world record today! For the most people sat in one place on a DS. 625 :D

At the IMAX museum in Bradford.

8. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Yay, finally got to see Episode 3 - apart from about five minutes in the middle when my son came in to show off his fancy dress costume for youth camp! He really ought to know better! :rolleyes:

Still, I don't think I missed much. Not a bad epi. Not a great epi either. Didn't grab me either way. Still, it was nice to see H in a lab coat actually doing some work for a change (instead of just standing around being super-duper. Although that's good too! :cool:)!!

Think I'm gonna like Walter. I'm sure I know the actor from something else, but can't remember where I've seen him before...

And thanks, Solitaire - fantastic gig! My hearing's just about back to normal now! :lol:

Jude

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I think you've seen 'Walter' before in 'Eleventh Hour'...?

10. Leggo my Jodieo

Oh yeah!!! I've seen him :)

11. DragonFriend95

Only an hour until the newest episode...as is my custom I'll probably be focusing on the negatives, which according to my sources should be a plenty :shifty:

-------------------------

Okay, thoughts on 8X04

- Montage of buildings and bikini clad woman. At least some things never change.

- It's the chauffeur, whatever crime it is it was the chauffeur!

- Plane versus gun. Gun wins. Only in Miami.

- So it wasn't that chauffeur guy? And that Asian cop is only in once scene? Aww...

- 'Smells like a dead body.' Why would airport security know what that smells like?

- Frank is back! And in more than just a couple of scenes!

- Heh, I find heads in toilets quite funny.

- What. The. Expletive. What have those crappy writers done with Ryan? 'Oh snap'? NO! Sweater vests? When you were the cute little newbie back in Season 3, but now? No.

- Well, since you're going to be Ryan's friend, Jesse is now out of my bad books. Still had waaay too much screen time this episode.

- Walter is still so funny. 'Is that your giiirlfriend?' And kinda adorable too :)

- Some nice views of Ryan's arms :drool:

- Yup, Tom is very quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. Bananas, hee.

- The gun beat the freakin' plane AGAIN?!

- A tech, a tech, a lab tech, a lab tech! My obsession is satisfied. Thank you, C. Wells.

- I hate when Calleigh says 'Oh my Gosh' Seriously, it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

- Okay, the 'No153' thing was pretty cool.

- Oh, I could like the Ryan, Walter and Jesse friendship. Onward, Three Musketeers!

-Highlight of the episode: 'Oh, he's so handsome' That voice over lady cracks me up! :lol:

-Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Where the hell was Natalia?! She just completely disappeared!

So...too much Jesse again, too much Calleigh, no Natalia at all, very OOC Ryan, not enough Horatio, enough Walter and Tom, and only one lab tech.

Gets a 3/10 from me :(

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I thought not quite as disappointing as #803... Probably because H had a few more minutes screen time. Never enough for me. And he's speaking in barely more than a whisper. (It's no doubt obvious to all by now that I'm paranoid about the guy's health; DC, that is, not H.)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  13. DragonFriend95

Case wise, I thought this was a lot better than Bolt Action- what can I say, I love evil teens and I still think that NO153 thing was smart. Case alone, I'd have given it a 7-8.

BUT, three words: Ryan and Natalia. One was unforgivably OOC and one wasn't in the episode at all. And for being the boss, Horatio sure didn't get his deserved amount of screen time (but he did figure out where the money was stashed, which was kind of a case breaker.) Jesse I can get, the writers have a habit nowadays of forcing new characters down our throat (see Ray in Vegas) but why couldn't they have substituted some of Calleigh's scenes for Natalia? Grumble grumble...

14. Leggo my Jodieo

Yeah, I quite liked Tuesday's episode, I'll give it a 6/10 and this is because of the serious OOC-ness in Ryan and the lack of Natalia. Yeah, the N0153 thing was cool, and Walter was funny in this episode :)

I'm so glad I'm the only one who thinks that Ray from LV is being forced onto the screen! Jesse too :rolleyes:

I'd love a private jet with money stuffed in it, it was stolen money though...

I've put the next eppie on my laptop to watch while I'm on holiday in Morcambe :D What can I say, I'm obsessed.

See you all in a week, no Internet where I'm going...

15. DragonFriend95

See you in a week LmJ!

So far I've rated the season 5, 6, 6 and 3, which is about 20/40. Yeah, I'm really enjoying it so far :rolleyes: