Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Latecomer here. Thanks for all the spoilers, Fay. It sounds like we have much to look forward to this season. I am hoping that Sela Ward will breathe some new life into Mac and challenge him in new ways. I think they had done all they could with him and Stella and I'm glad the show is moving on to new territory. I would hope to see Aubrey back but am not holding my breath.

Forgot to add: Adam with a gun? I don't think so. He's better off playig pretend with the videos in the A/V lab. Mentos and hoho's with a "hand" gun is about the closest I think he should get to real weapons.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I wouldn't mind seeing Aubrey back, either. I liked the chemistry with Mac and I think the way their budding relationship was handled was very sweet. It would be nice to see Mac with a significant other and I think Aubrey is the best fit for that. Although, I don't mind Peyton either, so having her back would be my second choice.

3. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Yes but that's what I mean. Everyone is excited about that episode, or at least those who love Adam and those who wanted him to have an episode. So it gets people talking. Problem is, if it doesn't live up to expectations (as apparently many episodes did during season 6) then TV's will be switched off.

I second or third or whatever that Adam with a gun is a bit scary ;) I think he's better off with virtual guns. :)

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wow. Tons to catch up on :).

Having taken a sec to mull this over, I don't really have any problems with the send off. I think there will be the inevitable chewing over of the EPs' choice of words :p, but I don't mind Stella going to New Orleans.

I'm glad they didn't kill her off, or have her go missing. I also think going those routes might have been harder without the participation of MK, and also would have held a focus on a character who's departed, instead of focusing on the integration of the newer character. Dunno if my own choice of words was particularly adept there :lol: but I hope what I meant was reasonably clear.

They could have gone the route of having her teaching, or having her remain in the city, but I also sorta saw her character as one not likely to leave policing altogether, and that having her remain in New York could have led to expectations of potential future appearances. (I think Aiden was a little different, they left her in the city to enable her final exit from the show thru the murder of her character and arrest of Pratt). I'm not surprised at all they moved Stella on. I do like that she was promoted upwards and outwards though.

I think the choice of New Orleans as a city comes across as a litte Cute, but also acute. I think the words "Noble" and alluding to BP & Katrina are a little laden, but meh, NY, after all, was set in New York, just a few short years after 9/11, with a key element of the character heading the labs being widowed by the tragedy. So why should New Orleans, Katrina and BP be somehow off-limits or so easily dismissed or sniffed at.

Despite the phrasing of Reiter & PV, my initial thoughts were not about Katrina or BP. What I think perhaps works most for New Orleans as a fictional choice for Stella, is all the news of the top to bottom overhaul of the police department by the mayor, who invited a federal review of it no less, as well as the recent news of indictments of past officers for corruption, violence, and cover-ups. All combined, the three facets do showcase the light and dark extremes of what people are capable of, and the challenge of getting on day to day while faced with issues of epic scale. (It was possibly too much for a show to resist :p).

NOLA Mayor Landrieu from mid-July: ""The oil spill's much worse than we ever thought," Mr Landrieu told the New York Times. "The budget's much worse, the dysfunction is much worse, the NOPD is much worse. But, you know, that's why I signed up."" No, I absolutely don't think Stella will somehow "save" New Orleans :lol:. But, in the show's realm, it would not be too far-fetched for me, to picture Stella headhunted from a prominent lab, to aid in re-establishing and leading the facilities and department in NO, amid very troubled waters. [Other tidbits: New Orleans was also the host for the last triennial IAFS Conference, in 2008 (albeit with mixed reviews for overall success). Plus, there's even COMSTAT for BP'd pelicans now.]

Meh. Some will like it, some won't. I think there probably woulda been a negative reaction from some viewers no matter where they sent her or how they chose to writer her out. To me it does seem as if some consideration has been given to Stella's departure, and the improv works pretty well for me. Treme NY is not. But as an exit for a character, they could have done far worse for a write out. Guess we'll see how it plays. I have some bones to pick with the show, but not really any here. Just two personal copper pennies.

I find the hooha over who said what kind of amusing :lol:. And everyone but the writer of the wee tiny snippet, William Keck, was pointed at. I'm thinking both Sela Ward and CBS can probably be let off the hook.

I think it's interesting Jo is divorced, and that it also gives a certain freedom to write for her character. There's the default prototypical dramatic twizt with the criminal aspect, but she's also the first in the show to be divorced and essentially a single parent. It's a good mix in the group actually, most of the bases covered now. Sid's happily married w/ grown kids, teh Messers have a young family, Mac, and Flack essentially were widowed, and teh rest of the gang are single. And at least we already know the possible Dread Sekrit for Jo :p.

Agree. And bless CG's fuzzy head and humor :lol:. It's also nice to see both the acknowledgement of what's happened and support for the transition voiced.

Soooo, Mac now does house calls to make personal pleas to thwart gang violence? Sure Mac, stereotyped and unnamed Latino gang-banger would surely capitulate, not with defiant bravado and/or credible logic, but cos it's you... :lol:. Meh. It's just that the phrasing in some of these catches me sometimes, not to mention a certain inevitability within pseudo-conflict/meeting of minds/parallel goals scenarios :p. (and Gad but I hope the writing for Mac is handled well this season).

Poking aside, it sounds interesting. And the attempt is appreciated to both have more references to New York, especially if they do get the $$ to film some shots there, and also to include a bit more diversity. Unfortunate that's not thru a change in approach to general casting :p. Glad to see Jo in thick of things right from the early goings.

Yay for an Adam ep :D, but I'm :shifty: on his behalf if he's chatting on shift :lol:. Dude. Seriously. Does also kinda remind me of the NCIS ep where McGee was sent a viral vid of someone (apparently) killed online. Can only imagine how Adam will hafta approach Mac to kickstart the investigation :p. I do enjoy Mac/Adam scenes, for both the humor and slight discomfort when they're attempting to kommunicate :lol:. Sounds like the ep is playing to some humor, esp. where Mac's stereotypical characteristics are concerned. I like that they're poking fun at them, but also hope it's a way for him to break from them a little by being able to laugh a little himself, and not be further entrenched. Uncertain about Adam being stalked, unless we get the laptop shot of the killer approaching the webcam ominously to peer in and see Adam. We'll see. Nice that Jo shares the view with her chat guy, a view of Home in a larger sense.

Lots of spoilers. Thanks Fay :). I hope they keep 'em coming, along with fairly frequent interviews and whutnot, help keep the buzz going for a new slot but also a new lease with a new character.

Agree. I'm curious, even if not enthusiastic about each element :lol: but damned if I still don't wanna see what's gonna happen.

Agree. I think you said it better than I tried to :lol:.

Agree again. What are the chances :lol:. Congrats to EP. If she's pregnant, congrats to AB (and if not, cosmic apologies :p).

Aw. :) I iz happee. :p.

:lol: It is. I think I could also see him handling it not too differently from the Pez dispenser in terms of amusement, especially if it was some uber tech firearm, while all those around him did their utmost to have him retain focus.

Heck. Even watching Adam qualify, perhaps after a round robin of colleague/instructors would be :lol:.

ETA:

Agree here too. Not necessarily that there was nothing further to write for Mac and Stella as colleagues and friends, but I am glad the show is having to change it up. Also liked Peyton's return, and Aubrey's brief appearances. If there's a concise way to continue to reference and/or include either as a way to keep Mac more multidimensional, I'd love to see either back. But. I do kinda lean toward Aubrey at this point :lol:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source: http://twitpic.com/2bb49j

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nice pics. Funny how Hill and the guy with the glasses have almost identical shirts. :lol:

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

adam_bryant

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks Perlnoir
    [qoute]@AndorianIP Yes, they did. Everyone misses her, but everyone is pretty positive about Sela joining the ranks. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to AndorianIP [/quote]
    So... Tell us something we dont know! :lol:

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

yes i think as you, we want anything that we don't know

Twitter de LeeannTweeden1 http://twitter.com/LeeannTweeden1

@GarySinise and SFC Schlitz talking on the set of CSI:NY!! :)
    [​IMG]

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

That the thing known as "EDNA" correct? Hill and that other guy defiantly are dressed alike. The end of September still seems like such a long time away.

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Yep is Edna.

[​IMG]
    source: http://tweetphoto.com/36674910

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

My favorite CSI lab is definitely NY's. I like the blue and green background light plus the natural light. Vegas is too dark. Isn't it painful or tiring to the eyes when working in the dark or lack of light? Miami is too bright. I sometimes wonder if the sun is already inside the their lab. :lol:

13. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Hey fellow CSI: NY lovers!! I'm Jasmine and I am new here so please excuse me if I do anything wrong.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I am EXTREMELY excited for the premiere. I am having really bad CSI withdrawals. And these spoilers are making me so anxious!! I am so happy that Adam is getting some screen time. He cracks me up :lol:

Also, I am happy that Lindsay is getting a storyline. I hope that it doesn't last for like one two episodes and then everything is back to normal. I hate when they do that.

And I am extremely sad about Melina's departure but maybe with a new cast member, CSI: NY can get back on track. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh! And about the whole Adam with a gun thing... :guffaw:

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hey Jasmine welcome to the board! :) From the spoilers, it sounds like there's a lot to be excited about next season. :thumbsup:

15. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Thanks!! And yep. So excited! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.