The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

In last season's finale, Brenda's husband, a recovering alcoholic, FBI agent Fritz Howard [Jon Tenny], turned down a promotion to D.C. for fear his wife would choose her job over him. "And we ended that episode", says Sedgwick, "with me in the arms of Fritz trying to convince him yet again that he's the utmost priority in my life, even though we know that that's not really true, she loves him, but she's married to her work first. Says Tenny, "I always say that the two of us are both addicts, but I'm in recovery, and she doesn't even realize she's also an addict"! And their relationship will be furthur tested when Fritz gets a promotion. "The promotions would extend whatever tension you see between Fritz and Brenda in their duplex into the workplace a little bit too. It would bring that issue to the forefront of what's important between us:work vs personal life. Like, where are we gonna' sacrifice? Where are we gonna' focus our energy? Sedgwick hints that this won't be a walk in the park. I think it would be a difficult situation if she's in a power position and her's her subordinate. Definately diffucult"

TV GUIDE~

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Mostimportantly there's a nice little piece on JOEL!:adore:

3. Desertwind

Don't forget that S/6 starts tomorrow night on TNT at 9:00:bolian:

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

That was a good episode. And KS was sure right about Joel having grown into a huge cat!

I kind of suspected the best friend, but really wanted the murderer to be that horrible husband of the cheating wife. Not at all a sympathetic character.

I think the bumbling around the new office went on a little too long, but I'm not into slapstick comedy. So glad Provenza's still with them; I was worried he was going to retire in the first episode. But, then again, he's got that ex-wife with whom he refuses to share his pension...:lol:

Can't wait for next week's episode. Poor (not!) Will apparently is in for a shock if he expects to become police chief. But mostly Mary McDonnell is returning :cool:. I hope her character will be more three dimensional this season. From interviews, it sounds like KS really enjoys working with MM, so maybe she'll be there more frequently this season.

5. Anna P

Anna P Witness

The kitten Mom got for Thanksgiving is that big. She's been told that he might be a Bombay, a breed that tends all black,sleek and larger than average.

6. Desertwind

What a great opening episode this was. I swear Brenda is a total trip so quirky, a unique personailty for sure. When she was putting her arm around the wife Sheree on the bed, [who had a fling with him] because the body of the victim who was shot, had fallen right behind them in the window:lol: and [BTW that was Natasha Gregson, Natalie Wood's daughter.] She looks like her, but not as pretty:(

The new building a maze of many twists and turns. Brenda complains about things that aren't important and not things that are:rolleyes:

Pope stating "cops aren't happy unless their miserable":lol:

Pouring out that hugh box of candy in front of the witnesses, a riot:lol:

Frizt a total patient guy for sure, re-inacting the crime together.. and Joel a big kitty boy now:eek:

So the husband was the killer cause his wife Melanie had also had an affair wth her:(

Many hilarious scenes with the whole team.. The last scene with Pope probably the new surpervisor.. good ep.:bolian:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

Question: Scoop on The Closer will earn you my eternal thanks.

Ausiello:
    FYI: Cold hard cash is the new eternal thanks. Just something to think about moving forward. Regarding The Closer, in the second episode, airing July 19, Captain Raydor (Mary McDonnell) returns and is initially thought to be doing a background check on Chief Pope. But there’s more to the story. And apparently it’s VERY top secret because the screener TNT sent us left out the final scene. Bastards. It’s not like I was going to spoil it or anything.

8. Desertwind

Capt. Raydor [Mary McDonnell] arrives to help Brenda investigate the vanishing of a nanny who has connections to the new mayor, but the case takes uneasy turns

TV GUIDE~

9. Desertwind

This was a killer episode, lots of twists and turns. Starting with Raydor from Internal Affairs, seeminly interogating Brenda. She asked some very personal questions which offended Brenda. It was about her an Pope in ther early working days together.

The Brenda and Pope got into a little tiff~

A missing Hispanic nanny, from a family who had connections to the mayor. Adrianna. They get her address from the husband who had taken her home a few times. Brenda jimmies the lock and Raydor again questions what she's doing:confused:

She as dead from a stun gun then raped and beaten to death:(

The husband they thought acted suspicious, so the got his DNA from a water bottle~it wasn't him!

Raydor to Brenda "Do you often use the names of your male supervisor to get what you want"? Brenda "Of course, don't you":rommie:

Raydor keeps dogging her, she's mean and [BTW McDonnell talks with a nasal twang]:confused:

They they find out there's two more nannies dead and one got away, Lupe. Fritz helps her out with the immigration part of this investigation.

OMG it was one of their opwn a deputy, who Brenda had spilled everything to. They surround his house and he comes out with a gun to Marisol's [one of the nannies] head. Brenda was fast and furious and yelled at him to "drop the gun, or we'll shoot you" He wouldn't, meanwhile Fritz sneaked around the side and shot him, then ran to Brenda and screamed "don't ever to that again" There was a kid named Rueben the cops son, who was snitching on the nannies, who the dad had beat and he was OK. thought he was helping, by doing undercover work~

Raydor actually complimented Brenda for her "bravery" and she wasn't investigating Pope, it was Brenda, and she gave her a recommendation for Chief Of Police who knew?

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really enjoyed the episode :).

Loved the twist in the end with Raydor "investigating" Brenda and not Pope, that's going to be an interesting storyline. And of course I got my Mary McDonnell fix so I'm happy :).

11. Desertwind

A dubious suicide leads the squad to a custody battle, involving a dying man and his drug-addled ex-wife. Meanwhile, Pope tries to land the police-chief post

12. Anna P

Anna P Witness

I loved hat Gabriel felt the need to tell the guys that Brenda and Fritz were fighting on the phone. :guffaw:

13. Desertwind

That scene was so funny. Fritz gets madder than she does, and he's so miffed off that she didn't tell him about the possible promotion:scream:

The dead woman in the car and who did it? And Julio who's taken the kid under his wing, cause he doesn't want him to go into the system, but he gets a scolding form Brenda and the rest of the squad, he's kinda of letting his duties go to the dogs.~

The husband of the dead girl [a drug addict] killed himself, he thought she'd get custody of Cody, but the shocker was that the grandma was the killer. I know her but can't remember her name I think it's Kay......She used to be popular, but It was fuuny watching Brenda keep this possible promotion from the rest of her team. She just was dying to tell somebody. So we'll see what happens down the line~

14. Desertwind

Provenza discovers a dead body while romancing a flight attendant, on company time

TV Guide~

15. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

OMG Provenza episode? Love those xD