Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Agree!!! I loved Riley despite what some people thought of her! She was smart, witty, keen, and sexy. Keep Liz, bring back Riley, and make everyone happy! :thumbsup:

Like I said before, just like I'll give JB a chance, I'll do the same to Sienna. Hey being that tptb didn't give Riley a proper exit there's always a chance they could bring her back if Sienna didn't work out...:)

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Agreed. I'd like to see how Nick would handle if a serial killer targeted him....he got just a taste of it with Nigel Crane.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Actually I would love to see Greg get more involved in something like that. Nick did have Nigel Crane and then the whole GD thing. Greg barely worked the miniature killer case and even this last Jekyll one. I would like to see him more involved in a serial killer case.

4. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

After all these years there got to be a criminal hating on Nick. Anyway I think the writers will have to make some transitions with another main character set to leave the series, and Nick is the obvious choice to become the new night shift supervisor.

EDIT: Greg too. Give them some serial killer love.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sigh. I guess I'm the only one who is not excited by this Sqweegel news. The first book was okay, but it really didn't hold my focus. This all sounds like one big publicity stunt for people to see the character on TV, and purchase the books (which aren't Must Read books).

It's just really sad. This is the first season of the show I'm not excited to see. Believe me, I'm a loyal fan and will stay tuned till the end, but they're going to have to do better by this casting of Justin Bieber, replacing Wendy, and crossing over Black Sqweegel over to CSI. Because this supposed "new creative direction" is just not not working for me at *all* thus far.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I'm still not too excited with this new killer news either, truly. It seems all they cover lately is murder stories. In the beginning there were a lot more crimes they covered.

And I'll only get excited if a spoiler ever comes out mentioning Greg at all, since so far nada on him this season.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

So just have Nick running around alone trying to catch this guy, or Greg? it's an ENSEMBLE they all work together on all cases for the most part. A team effort, together, just like when Grissom was on, he helped them and they helped him. Like in the two finales "Doctor Who" and "Meat Jekyll", the all worked together to get this solved. And once again Langston has been the new lead since S/9, and was hired to be in that role. He's not the only one on the cases. THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER equally:confused:

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, since you mention it, how about Catherine? Just because she is a supervisor doesn't mean she can't be out in the field more, too. Remember when Grissom was supervisor? He was doing a lot of scene processing, evidence processing, etc. I have yet to really see that with Cath in the last 2 seasons.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Cath/Marg, I think it's her request to cut back o her work hours. She's been on I think equally in S/9-10, but maybe with this upcoming season not so much. She is the supervisor, and does make the final decisions, but with all of their full support.~

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in total agreement with you, vegaslights. I didn't read the books, so this isn't exciting to me at all.

11. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I agree that it is an ensemble cast. BUT they so often leave out certain characters when it isn't necessary. Case in point the repeat this week of Unshockable. Nick and Greg work the case involving Rascal Flats, but at the end when they are arresting the tech guy and get to stay behind and watch the concert backstage, Catherine is there with Nick. not Greg. Wouldn't Greg have been there for the arrest and the backstage perks? Sometimes certain members of the cast get the shaft (primarily Greg, IMO). :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

lol. I didn't want to post earlier because I didn't want to be the Debby Downer of the group. So it's nice to know I'm in good company. :)

But, sadly, I'm in agreement with vegaslights and GNRF, especially since the Dr. Jekyll storyline was such a disappointment, and it seems that Haskell will be around for more eps. IDK, I think I have serial killer overload; and I get tired of the 'creep' factor with all the crime shows trying to outdo each other. Criminal Minds does these sick killers well, and I can't watch it every week. It just gets to be too much. I'd prefer a good mystery, you know, the good old crimes of passion, jealousy, greed. Or just the odd cases, like Ending Happy and Locomotives. But, to each his own. I'm still looking forward to next season, I'm just not buying into the hype right now.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^I totally get why people wouldn't be thrilled about this storyline - I'm a bit hesitant myself. I think it could either be really cool or really bad. I mean, it's obvious that Zuiker is using the opportunity to plug Level 26 on CSI, which gets my hackles up a bit, but I don't think that automatically means it's going to be horrible...

Time will tell if I come regret my optimism. :lol:

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I think it will all come down to the overall approach and how well written the story line is. If there is some fantastic scripts, then this will come across as a terrific episode...if not, it'll probably flop. We've seen both sides of the spectrum before.

As for a team effort?? I'll believe that when I see it. Hoping, like someone stated earlier, it'll be someone that'll torment the "grave shift," forcing them to ALL work together. Not one or two in particular.

15. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I don't find Haskell that scary, or any different to any other serial killer they've had before. If they writers are really looking to go in a new creative invention they have to make cases that are different. I want to see a killer that is not expected, someone who seems completely normal yet has another side to them. All they ever seem to use is the creepy guys who to be honest look and act like serial killers, it's too obvious.

On the front of the ensamble debate, i really think the writers need to return someways to the old cast and how there characters were involved in a case. Of course new members are going to lead to new ways of working but it's turned into a Ray/Nick fest, (no offence to any fans). There is very little Greg, some Sara and as for Catherine, well as a supervisor surely she has one of the more important roles in the show. When Billy/Grisssom was in the show he would always appear in most episodes. Yet with Catherine there is very little. I find the idea that the less experienced csi's like Ray are allowed such big cases and such importance. He was only a level 1 yet he was doing things that the other csi's were never allowed to so as level 1's or 2's. I just have a feeling that the writers are ignoring their older cast, i.e. Marg, George, Jorja, Eric etc and placing all the emphisis on the New blood, that to me us unfair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.