Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^Totally agree, Delynn! Ryan needs some good friends, and I think Walter and Natalia do nicely. Walter hasnt judged him on past mistakes, and Natalia seems to have seen past their previous problems.
    Slower- I also dont think WolfWings was advocating 'bromance' between Ryan and Walter. She was just saying that she wanted a closer friendship, which doesnt have to mean any more than what it says. Hopefully the two of them can bond over Jesse's death, and stay good friends throughout the season, because I wouldnt put it past tptb to create some big conflict between them.

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree that with the introduction of Water and Jesse; Ryan went from being an outsider to having close friendships; this was a treat to see Ryan relax and open up more. I am in complete agreement; in wanting their friendship to continue. Now with Jesse gone; it is going to have to be the Ryan, Natalia, and Walter show.

This could get interesting. :)

I would love to see more interaction with Frank also. Ryan and Frank were interesting and humorous at times.

Forgive me WolfWings if I am wrong in my assessment or even if I'm not. You have the right to how you see things.:thumbsup:I hope you understand if I don't want to get into that subjest over here. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  3. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I just meant I'm happy Ryan has a real friend now in Walter, as other people said. Like how Eric and Speed were in S1&2. Nothing more, I don't ship anybody... :confused: Not even entirely sure what shipping is... besides FedEx or UPS or something... ;) No need to explain, I think I have the idea. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't advocating a pairing or anything.

And yes, I agree Natalia's probably been Ryan's longest consistent friend. I was watching 5x23 "Kill Switch" today (the one right after he's fired and he worked for the TV station) and she was the only one who treated him with kindness instead of open hostility (esp. Calleigh, omg i completely forgot she yelled at him!!) Poor guy. :( He's really such a sweetheart but no one ever seems to see it!! :scream:

4. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I still don't see any reason at all why they continue to treat him with hostility and as an outsider. It was understandable in the first season he joined- their close friend had just died and already this new guy was moving in- but that should have ended, at the latest, by the end of the season. After that their was no excuse for their hostility.

I mean WISC was probably the worst- it was obvious something was bothering Ryan, when the Russians were after the team, and he had disappeared while on call, and he was missing a tooth, yet Calleigh is the only one to ask him if he's okay? And then she just assumes his behaviour is cause he's gambling? Then later on when he hands back the evidence they don't let him explain himself, just yelled at him.

If CSI was like an actual place of work, that would be called hostile behavior, even bullying. If I were Ryan I'd have transferred to another shift/lab ages ago. Thank the lord he actually has some friends now like Nat, Frank and Walter. :)

5. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

You sure this was your first video? It was beautifully done.

Thank you.:)

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree that it's time(actually way pass the time) that the hostility and mistrust ended. I think that is what my feedback to CBS will focus on this week.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

damn i was about to post my big thoughts but as always at the best moment my lucky nr1 phone turned itself off :scream: :brickwall:

so anyways i can't recall anymore what was my idea and i won't bother myself of remembering it. but you all more or less have said at least half of my thoughts.
    which is pretty good.

but i'm still amused by the fact how ''lucky'' i am these days.

c'mon not getting all-so-wanted b-day gift was already torture not mentioning my ever present growling about the show itself.

i know this was compelety out of topic but i'm so depressed that i couldn't do anything to stop my fingers.

anyways i stil can add my concerns about how weird writers have made Ryan at some episodes.

oh almost forgot to ask which was that episode where Ryan said something about going to eat or something?

9. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure that was episode 808, Point Of Impact.

Another OOC moment.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That was the episode.That comment about eating irritated me the entire episode.I was pretty pissed off at the writer (Krystal Houghton) for that.I fired off feedback for that OOC moment right away.

11. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I actually just watched POI yesterday. I can see how that annoyed people, but I actually didn't mind it. He was obviously kidding (or at least I thought so). The writers added in a lot of humor between Ryan and Walter, with Jesse jumping in once in a while, this season and I think that was just meant to be another joke. Was it OOC? Yeah, probably. But I actually chuckled when he said he was hungry. I thought it was kinda cute. But as I said, I get why other people are mad at the writers for that one. There certainly were a few other OOC moments this season that ruffled my feathers.

On the topic of POI though, the one line that really made me laugh was when Walter and Ryan were scoping out the skid marks from the accident. Ryan ducks under a truck flatbed to measure the marks beneath it and Walter goes, "How in the hell did you fit under there?!" :guffaw:I'm not sure why, but I thought that was adorable.

12. DragonFriend95

Personally, I get really mad whenever a character is made OOC. Whenever it happens I always mutter 'must not rant, must not rave, must not complain' no matter how little it is or even if it is cute or funny.

Ryan's apparent new humourous side could be because he has actual friends he can act normal around, while others like Eric and Calleigh just judge him for his past mistakes. Or, as I think someone theorised ages ago, it could be that since Delko left he can relax a lot more.

Though what I've gathered about the writer of that episode, she isn't very good with Ryan's character, to put it mildly.

I'm terrible with writers names, but do they still have whoever wrote Nailed? If not they should bring him/her back, that was a brilliant Ryan episode.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I didn't think he was kidding because he got that little lecture from Walter about finishing up and not leaving the crime scene and I will never think he was kidding,he was OOC(out of character)If it was meant to be funny,he and Walter would have laughed it off. Go back and look at Walter's face,he didn't think it was funny.
    Corry Miller and Barry OBrian wrote Nailed.
    Corry Miller has left but Barry is still around.
    Krystal Hougton wrote "Point of Impact"
    She also co-wrote "Curse of the Coffin",but maybe the other writer had a bigger influence than Krystal did.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  14. DragonFriend95

Well, in any case, here's hoping that they get a decent writer so that Ryan and all other neglected characters get their fair amount of screentime without going all OOC. :beer:

Dang, its so hard to remain positive with this show anymore...

Here's a serious suggestion to the writers as to how to keep their characters from being OOC: consult the fans. Between us, we probably know every single tidbit there is to know about Ryan. It's us that remember when a random fact is thrown out. If they actually consulted with us, then they would've known that they were making Ryan OOC, and that we don't enjoy him being the baddy all the time!

Think about it...

15. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I looked it up on imdb (I live and die by that site, I swear :p). "Nailed" was co-written by Corey Miller and Barry O'Brien.

Apparently Corey is not with CSIM anymore. Looks like the last episode he had a hand in writing was "Dead on Arrival" back in S7. He's a executive producer for "The Forgotten" now.

Barry's still there, as far as I can tell. He co-wrote "All Fall Down" with Marc Dube. Other than that, the only other S8 episodes he wrote or co-wrote were "L.A.," "In Plane Sight," and "Bone Voyage." He was a co-executive producer for the rest.

And here's a shocker! :wtf: Krystal Houghton, the chick who wrote "Point of Impact," also wrote "Curse of the Coffin" back in S5!! Interesting how the same lady who wrote what is arguably one of the best Ryan epis ever also wrote what was arguably the worst. Hopefully this means that POI was just an outlier and there's not actually a conspiracy to destroy Ryan's character out there in Manhattan Beach, California.... :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.