American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree. He would not be a good fit with the other three.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He's famous for a song called "Wicked Games". Here's his imdb page: Chris Issak. It's not a bad song and he's got a good voice... its just many years ago in an interview I can't quite remember exactly what it was... but something he said just turned me off. LOL.

I know Bret's busy and all, but he did say he'd like to do it and Simon said it would be a good choice. And Bret was a judge on Nashville Star, so the experience is there. But Chris Issac is someone who would probably have no problem being mean, so if they're wanting someone to be mean to contestants like Simon was, then Chris could work... but he still bugs me lol. At least he's not bad looking. If I recall, he has really pretty eyes. And it could be worse than Chris Issac, but I would prefer someone more likeable and more well-known. This is the first time I've even heard Chris Issac's name in probably oh... a decade or something lol. So most of the AI viewers would not know who he is. And they already have one judge on there whom most fans had never heard of before she joined the show (Kara). But to replace someone well known like Simon, they need someone more well known than Chris Issac in my opinion. I still vote for Bret (if he has time) or maybe Harry Connick Jr.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ok, thank's for the explanation on Chris Isaak, and Harry Connick Jr. would be cool, he was a great mentor, with the kids on "AI" and does perform on stage alot. He's a great Frank Sinatra fan and does know his music. Time will tell, I wonder who else they have in mind?

4. GregNickRyanFan

Yesterday I heard that Justin Timberlake might be in the running to replace Simon and I nearly shouted NO! :lol: Today I heard that Jessica Simpson might be the replacement for Simon. Um... okay. But they don't need three women. Then they said that there is a possibility that they might have all new judges so they can have new chemistry. Okay, if that's the case then my four picks are: Bret Michaels, Shania Twain, Harry Connick Jr and Jessica Simpson. The reason for Jessica? Well, everyone seemed to like to watch just to see what odd things came out of Paula's mouth... it would be the same thing with Jess. :lol:

5. Desertwind

Jessica Simpson, PLEASE NO:klingon:, lord have mercy.. anyone but her..I have no choices for now, and don't care, but not her:confused:

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

:guffaw: Now that is classic; and I totally agree! I would agree that there needs to be someone who just says anything and everything about contestants. Jessica would add some spice and definitely make me want to watch to see what she says.

7. GregNickRyanFan

I just heard that Diddy threw his hat in the ring. I swear if he is the new judge, I will NOT watch the show. I do not like that guy.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

9. GregNickRyanFan

I'm really starting to think now that they will replace all judges now.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Maybe it is time for a change. Ratings were down the past few seasons and Simon and Randy have been around since inception so there might be other projects they want to work on.

Fresh blood just might be what the new season needs, after all they have been giving good and bad reactions for sure they probably ran out of things to say. :lol:

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TMZ

Ellen DeGeneres Votes Herself Off 'American Idol'

It's one and done for Ellen DeGeneres -- she's leaving "American Idol" after her first season as a judge on the show ... claiming it wasn't the "right fit."

Ellen just tweeted, "Dim the lights ... I've voted myself off American Idol."

Ellen claims she came to her decision, "a couple months ago" -- and admits, "It was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings."

She concludes, "I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be."

UPDATE: TMZ has confirmed reports that "Idol" is tapping Jennifer Lopez. We're told the ink may not be dry on the deal yet, but J.Lo is definitely the pick ... and the deal is all tied to Ellen's departure.

Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

Sources connected with the "American Idol" negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on "American Idol" -- because she's been fired.

We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I'm fine with Steven Tyler, but I do not want J-Lo on there. I'm sorry, but I just do not care for her being on Idol. I'd rather the female judge be Shania Twain personally. And I think they should replace Randy too. I still want Bret Michaels or Harry Connick Jr.

I think it should be three regular judges plus a guest celeb judge every week.

13. Anna P

Anna P Witness

That's a lot of changes; could this be the beginning of the end?

14. Desertwind

That's sad about Ellen, she was a bright light on the show and so funny:lol: and SO fair. I'm wondering about the contract she signed. She said a while back that "she'd signed on for TWO more years". How does one wiggle out of that, unless there were conditions in said contract. I just heard today that Jennifer Lopez was in the running. NO comment on that:rolleyes:

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

For those who do not like the idea of Jennifer Lopez, you might prepare to be disappointed.

Source: EW

Jennifer Lopez signs deal to become new 'American Idol' judge: Report

Jennifer Lopez has inked a deal to join American Idol‘s judging panel for its upcoming 10th season, an industry source tells People. The news dropped just hours after Ellen DeGeneres confirmed her exit from the show, despite having only served one year of a reported multi-season deal.

Lopez served as an Idol mentor on Latin night during the show’s sixth season, garnering generally positive reviews for her warm, candid style, and her ability to extract a not entirely terrible performance of “Bésame Mucho” from widely maligned contestant Sanjaya Malakar.

A Fox spokesperson declined to comment on the reported deal with Lopez. Calls and emails to Fremantle Media, American Idol spokespersons, and Lopez’s reps were not immediately returned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.