Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Nice pic of the evidence Yoshi.
    I've said before ( this deals with Ryan too) people sometimes have some OCD traits rather than outright OCD.I think Ryan may fall into that catagory, his trait or one of his traits could be neatness, he also mentioned filing a certain way in an earlier season. I also thought the little we saw of his home was exceptionally neat,I was a little jealous.

2. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I think the writers only made him 'OCD' so that they could do the whole 'Ryan's gun compared to Speed's gun' scene in Under the Influence. Since then they dropped it, as is per usual for the writers, until you get an OCD suspect and think 'Hey, didn't we give that guy Ryan something like that' in which it's brought back up for a scene.
    I think only one of the writers is even trying to keep track of what they've given Ryan, and is only allowed to bring it up once per season so that EC can remain the main focus :shifty:

If you couldn't tell I'm a sucker for conspiracies :p

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good point about the Speedle/gun thing. LOL, they probably do bring up his OCD later on as an afterthought. haha.

4. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

OMG he can clean my apartment anytime :drool:

OCD affects different people in incredibly different ways. There's people like on that show, I think it's called Obsessed or something? They have to flick a light switch on and off ten times before leaving a room and stuff like that... and then there's people who just get antsy when there's a shirt left on the floor.

And then people with OCD can be bothered by one thing and not another. If I'm OCD it's just a little, but for example, I leave laundry all over my floor all the time (I don't even remember where my dresser is half the time ;)) but I get physically nauseous if I'm ever reading a book or a newspaper or something and I find a misspelled word. I've been known to rearrange books in bookstores and all of my books, CDs and DVDs MUST at all times be alphabetized and separated by genre. So everybody's different.

Not that I'm defending the writers' apparent lack of regard for our boy... :shifty: They should really have someone around whose sole purpose is to reinforce a little thing called continuity... :sigh:

5. DragonFriend95

I volunteer for the reminding job!

Writer-"So there's a murder on the roof of a high rise building, so we send Wolfe-"
    Me-"He's afraid of heights!" *slap*

Damn it, I'm too hyper right now...Can't wait till Saturday, they used to show Miami repeats every weekday but now its been replaced with NY :(

6. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know, that one I'm not too sure about. I'm not sure if it was heights that Ryan was worried about or just that shaky crane. I don't have that much of a problem with heights, but that unstable crane would have scared the pee out of me. :lol: That's been the only reference to him having any problems like that as far as I can recall.

7. DragonFriend95

That is true, but there haven't been too many times he's been up high, and when he has he's always been indoors or on a balcony. I have a big fear of heights- I can hardly climb a tree without being scared :lol:- but if I'm inside a really tall building then I have no qualms. Roof's on the other hand..

Besides, if you're gullible like me it says so on Wikipedia :lol:

8. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

Ohh, can I also volunteer? :D I'd just like to slap the writers, thats all :lol:

And Wolfwings, I think I'm a little OCD too because my room is a complete mess, with books and musical instruments and bags everywhere, but when I am doing coursework at home I have to line up all of my pens and pencils and my ruler otherwise I can't concentrate. Oh, and also when I'm playing the guitar the pitch has to be perfect and I annoy my friends by taking ages to tune it, same when I'm setting up my drum kit because the screws have to be pointing a certain way or I can't focus :confused: That's strange, isn't it? :rolleyes: Oh well.

I think that Ryan should have an episode when he faces his fears of heights, maybe he has to go in another crane or something along those lines. It would be interesting to see how the writers would make him react :) Probably not at all, the camera would be on Calleigh or Eric or Jesse.

9. DragonFriend95

Is everyone some degree of OCD? :lol: I keep rearranging my books and schoolbag at least three times a day, then when I started on my mums stuff she finally clicked that it was abnormal. :)

I'd love to see an episode like that, if I don't write it into a fanfic :evil: I'd like to see an ep where they investigate a construction sight, and Ryan has to bag a nail gun. I mean, just a little continuity writers? No? *sulks*

10. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. You get thoughts or feelings (obsessions) that can make you become anxious or distressed if you don't act upon them, that's the compulsive bit. The most common ones revolve around cleanliness and orderliness and those are the ones that writers most commonly use. It can also be found in some people who have a diagnosis of autism. Apologies for egg-sucking etc. here lol.

I've worked with someone who had OCD who wasn't obsessively clean or tidy though - just to give a shout out to those who come somewhere else along the spectrum :lol:

I'm with you on the alphabetic ordering for cds. Though that gets tricky when there's numbers involved. Do I put them at the beginning before the 'A's or at the end? :shifty:

11. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

I once was going to write a fanfic about the girl who shot him with the nail gun, and Ryan goes to visit her kind of like Nick did to that girl in Grave Danger. But I never got round to it :(

The writers only give continuity to E/C at the moment :scream::scream::scream:

Oh, and Yoshi, I put them before :lol:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Whatever Ryan's type of OCD, it would have been nice for them to have referenced it now and then.
    None of my books or cds are in order- I think it is because I work in a library and have to do it every day, no way am I doing it at home. I do find that I count things though- stairs, how many steps between fences etc Mainly comes out when I am stressed. But we do all have our quirks..............

13. GregNickRyanFan

It won't be on Jesse cause he's not gonna be on the show anymore aside from the premiere. :)

14. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that OCD is the most common, or at least one of the most common, diagnosed "disorders" (for lack of a better word). Makes sense that pretty much everyone in the world has SOMETHING that could be considered a little OCD. :p

And I put the numbers in front too. :hugegrin:

And omg LmJ I'm a drummer too! :lol:

I LOVE the idea of Ryan having to bag a nail gun. I can only imagine how antsy the poor kid would get. Even just around nails let alone the gun. And I always wonder why they don't bring back old characters once in a while. Family members of criminals or victims, seemingly random people we've met along the way... They've done it before, I know they're physically capable... :shifty: I wonder if the woman who shot him is out yet. I don't know what a typical sentence is for assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer.

Just thought of a cool scene for Ryan to face his fear of heights... What if he was trying to talk down a jumper? It would be incredibly emotional for everyone involved, especially since Ryan would probably be scared of the height not just of the person jumping... :sigh: If only CBS could hear my thoughts :rolleyes: Anyone who wants to use that idea in a fic go for it, I won't. :p

15. WolfWings

WolfWings Hit and Run

And based on their track record with Ryan, they probably would still have the camera on Jesse even though he's dead. They'd put in a flashback or just have a lengthy shot of his grave. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.