**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

Thank you very much Mayra for the pictures!!!
    I'm very happy to see them filming :-D

2. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

Anytime yall :D:D:D

3. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

wonderful people are back to work already filming but I dont' think we'll see the episodes until like October? when does the new season start anyway? Sept would've been nice...

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

CSI:Miami premieres on the 3rd of October.

5. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Love those pictures! I love backstage pictures in general...Thanks for posting!!!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Agreed. I don't think it's much of an invasion of privacy on our parts as the pregnancy is public knowledge now and the interviews Emily gave a while back (I remember reading them but for the life of me can't find them) that mjszud mentioned indicating some of the actress' feelings on the matter of 'what would I do' if she were to become pregnant.

I'm sure we'll find out sometime down the line whether or not she decides to stay but for now, it's just some harmless discussion. I don't think there's anything wrong with wondering whether someone might move on given the above information.

---------

Thanks for the pictures! :) It's great to see them filming again--makes the season that much closer. :D

Adam looks great too; hopefully the wardobe stays somewhere along those lines and we never ever see the floral designs again. :p

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I'm thrilled for Emily regarding her pregnancy ... she's been saying for a while now that she'd like to have a baby, so this is wonderful news!:thumbsup: As for CBS' decision not to write it into the show, at first blush, I found the decision kind of odd, but, on further reflection, perhaps it's for the best. In terms of the character, it would make sense since Calleigh's in a committed relationship with Eric, so a pregnancy wouldn't be completely out of left field. In an ideal world, if handled correctly (and that's the rub), I think it would be interesting to see a female law enforcement officer balancing work and family, like so many women do in real life. However, if the internet sources are to be believed and Emily's already 5 months pregnant, it might be too rushed for the show-runners to try to come up with a properly-crafted pregnancy story arc for Calleigh at the last minute. Especially given the CBS crime show writers' not-so-great history on writing pregnancy storylines.:shifty: As some others have said here, as much as I and the numerous other E/C fans would love to see our Hiphuggers with a baby, I'd prefer no-baby-for-Calleigh over a pregnancy if the latter would just serve as a vehicle for creating more unnecessary drama for the couple.:( I'd rather see Calleigh hiding under baggy lab coats and behind desks and huge handbags:lol:, than to endure any more near-death experiences and uncertainty for my favorite TV twosome. (Speaking of the E/C pairing, I've seen terms like "nomance" appearing in this thread again:rolleyes: ... there is an appropriate thread for those sentiments ... just a sincere request to reserve those comments to their proper thread, pretty-please?).

-----------------------

As for whether Emily will leave the show once she becomes a new mom, while it's natural for fans of the show to speculate, I think it all might be a bit premature. As lusiana88 said, we've had absolutely no definitive indication that Emily would want to make an exit after her baby is born. A few non-fans of Calleigh/Emily have interpreted certain statements that the actress made in interviews as demonstrating that she's tired and wants to leave to show. But having read/seen some of those interviews myself, her comments could just as easily be interpreted in context as shedding absolutely no light at all on her likelihood of leaving the show. So that's neither here nor there, IMO. And, as lusiana also pointed out, there have been other recent interviews where Emily has seemed very happy and excited to be on the show, and unlikely to want to call it quits. So, who knows what the future might hold? [​IMG]

Personally, I and Emily's/Calleigh's many fans would be crushed if she decided to leave the show. In my view, Calleigh is second only to Horatio as the show's epicenter, and she's been one of my favorite characters of CSIM from the beginning. Like it or not, unlike the other female cast-members, from the show's inception, Calleigh has been, and still is, the show's principal female lead. Therefore, I don't think it's quite fair or realistic to expect/hope for Calleigh to be relegated to the background, while newer or more secondary characters take her place. As much as I like the other female characters on CSIM (e.g., Natalia) I just don't think that the show would be the same without Calleigh. If Calleigh leaves, CSIM will no longer be "must-see TV" for me. I'm sure that many fans of the other 2 CSI shows feel the same way now that Melina is leaving CSINY, and Marg will leave CSI Vegas at the end of next season.

--------------

Anyway, my heartiest congrats to Emily and her boyfriend on their impending bundle of joy, and I'm looking forward to seeing her and the rest of the cast next season. On that subject, thank you mayra1990 for the pictures from the Long Beach film set.:)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all thank you very much Geni for clarifying our position 'cause I was having a rather hard time w/ the whole speculation idea. Honestly, as I 've already mentioned in Emily's thread there is a huge difference between speculating and what I think most of us (even the so called fans of the girl) are doing.
    I am against any kind of speculation and I certainly don't want to do such a thing right now on this news. I have never speculated on anything concering the girl and I would never dare to do such a thing....ever ;)

Now that it is OFFICIAL that EMILY PROCTER is pregnant, I do think that is rather stupid (yes, I'm sorry but I can't find any other word do define it) telleing people not to speculate. In no way people, who talk a about a pregnant woman, do not consider the possibility she might leave the show even for 1 day, for god's sake....that is what some people are trying to say despite your fear of speculation!

I define myself a former fan of the girl but this doesn't mean I have to bash her.....I would never dare to do such a thing. If I say she said something that is because she actually said it! When I keep mentioning that more than once she said she was tired, I mean that I actually said "I am tired" or something along the line.....she said it on the public chat on TV.Com (I don't recall when it was and the exact words, but I'm sure as hell that even a 6 years old guy would understand the meaning of he phrase which is that she was tired!).

But, then again, this discussion is rather pointless and, again, we're getting into real speculation and we all want to avoid it, uh? :shifty:

My god!!!!!!! Everytime I post in here I have to sweat blood.....how is it possible that no one can accept even the most normal post possible. Thank god I wanted to express my happiness for such a GREAT news. Figures what would have happened, if I had reacted in another way :rolleyes:

9. CalleighAndEric

CalleighAndEric Victim

I'm so happy for Emily but I just can't believe they are not writing it !!! i heard she's five months along, she's probably already showing and she'll delivery the baby during the season! Come one, the story line with Eric is built, like they are together she gets pregnant, pretty obvious isn't it? In my opinion it's easier to add this into the show than try to hide it ! They probably would be able to hide her belly but women gain weight during pregnancy and this would be close to impossible to hide so it would look like she's sick or something with large clothes and stuff! It would be awful! And we can't forget about the couple (Calleigh and Eric) fans, they waited for months maybe years for them to get together, I don't think it's fair to them not to write it. Who have been watching every single episode since 1st season, knows that CSI: Miami is not like CSI, this show is made of drama, not only science, just look at Horatio he's perfect for this show because he represents what the show really is about: science and drama. So the pregnancy would fit the show and hide it wouldn't.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

So it's stupid to tell people not to speculate? I so do NOT want to get in a fan war but it's getting really hard to come here to read about spoilers.

CSIAJ,For all I know both Melina and Marg wanted to leave and it looks to me like Emily wants to stay .And CSI Miami definely needs Calleigh so I hope the producers would do all they can to keep her.That is my hope at least.

Thanks for the pictures.She is already glowing!!!;)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

It is useless for people to get defensive for nothing. You (and I) are having a difficult time reading spoilers because of people who get defensive for nothing....seriously there was nothing wrong in the previous posts. It probaly was the first time when everyone was civil and expressing their own opinion on Emily's pregnancy ;)

12. electra

electra Pathologist

^ Actually my point is that telling someone (lusiana88) that is stupid to ask us to not speculate is not the most respectful way to phrase it. I happen to agree with the initial statement but not in the way it was said.Same with saying that a 6 year old would understand.I apologize for being off topic but needed to clarify.I apologize ,florry for pointing you but those are the statements on both sides that creates the atmosphere we have on the board.I just want have fun talking about CSI miami.

13. Naomi

Naomi Victim

Just read this on the CSI Files news and I had to come out of lurkdom to wish Emily all the best on her pregnancy. But it's prolly better that they leave it out of the show. CBS's police procedural writers usually mess up non-crime stuff like romances, pregnancies, etc. -- god knows they wouldn't know how to do a proper personal story-line if it sat on them!:rolleyes: So they shouldn't try to tackle a pregnancy for Calleigh.

I really hope Emily gets to stay on the show after her baby is born, if that's what she wants to do. Aside from the E/C ship (IMHO, it's yet another casualty of clueless writing), I've always liked Calleigh on her own, and I want her to stick around. CBS has been getting rid of too many major female castmembers lately. The way I see it, there are not enough solid female leads on TV, so we need more, not less. If anyone should go, it should be one of the boys.:p (And Eddie's already leaving).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Congrats to Emily! That's great news, and I'm very happy for her. I was a HUGE Calleigh fan back in the day, before the writers, IMHO, destroyed the intergrity of her character. And I soooo DO NOT want them to write this pregnancy in - can we say even more E/C drama? Do we really need that/ Does anyone really want that. No offense, but sometimes when I read fans posting about "how long" they've waited for E/C to get together, get married, have a baby etc., I think about all the OTHER fans of CSI:Miami who have been waiting even longer for their ships to no avail - what about them? And what about all those who aren't particularly fond of the E/C ship? All a pregnancy would do is push non-E/C fans away even more - it's just so contrived, like from a soap opera. Just b/c it would "make sense" b/c of the current (and very poorly written IMHO) storyline, doesn't mean they should do it.

I'm beggin TPTB to LEAVE IT ALONE and let Emily have her baby in peace while Calleigh actually has some TRUE character development (ie: maybe bringing her dad back, or seeing another part of her family life and how that affects her work - you know, REALLY getting to know the character. There's a great chance to do some good things with Calleigh that don't involve Eric, and actually reveal more about her as a PERSON, and not a sex object - that would be refreshing.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Reading some of the posts above, it seems as though some need to take a cleansing breath in here and try not to make things personal. ;)

Some folks might be uncomfortable with speaking about Emily's pregnancy and that's fine. It's also okay to wonder whether or not she might come back as a result of the pregnancy and the various comments she's made during interviews regarding the subject.

Don't we wonder every year whether the actors will sign their contract and/or return to the show? It seems like a pretty similar situation to me. We're not probing into anything terribly personal (off-screen relationships, sexual orientation, illnesses etc.) but rather the more professional angle (will the actress reprise her role after maternity leave is over) and unless the former happens, everything here seems okay.

So let's continue on from here on a more peaceful note. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.