Ryan/Jon #27 - His Royal Hotness

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Thread name

Poll closed Jun 9, 2010.
  1. The Definition of Gorgeous

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. His Royal Hotness

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. TNT Togo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Awww. :adore:

Greatfan, that is an excellent point. I never even thought about the CM thing.

Leggo my Jodieo, the link is also in the Emily/Calleigh thread. :)

2. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

^^^ Ok, thank you :)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's a nice thought, Greatfan.
    He often addresses Natalia by 'Ms. Boa Vista' too, I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it all boils down to what sounds good rolling off thier tongue, to be honest. 'Mr. Wolfe' or just 'Wolfe' has a nice ring to it, as well as 'Ms. Boa Vista', or 'Delko', 'Speed', 'H', etc.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I do actually like Ryan being called Mr. Wolfe by Horatio,it just fits somehow.It also fits that Natalia calls him Ryan, and Walter calls him Wolfe.

5. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

I'm really happy for the EP! And who knows, maybe there'll be more screen time for Jonathan Togo especially since Emily Proctor eventually need to go on mat. leave. I'm just hoping that there won't be a huge Eric/Horatio story line in there. Nothing against them, but I think it's time for Togo and the other sidekicks to shine as well :)

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I aslo like when Horatio calls Ryan "Mr.Wolfe".

Maybe with Emily taking some time off to give birth Ryan can have a decent storyline.I surely hope so!!

7. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Congratulations to EP!

I don't mind when Horatio calls him Mr Wolfe, I'd just like it if he called Ryan by his first name more than once per season. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan's forgotten his name by now :lol: I know that if I was working I'd be pretty annoyed if someone called me by my last name almost all the time...

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And this is the reason why I love Togo....he's such a sweet guy. I so can picture him doing such a thing :lol: :adore:

9. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I don't think that there was any real indication of Ryan being OCD, he was probably concluding that he has. Even when Delko asked him, "Reminds you of anyone?" when they were talking about a person with OCD. And why would someone with OCD lick his hands to turn papers or pages? He may be good looking, but the thought of seeing anyone lick their hands when turning or touching papers completely grosses the hell out of me! I had to remember stuff like that back in Middle School, seeing some of my teachers do that!:scream: I think that they now have this sanitizer thingy where people can moisten their hands before touching papers rather than licking them. Something that Ryan should consider. Especially if books really do have chemicals or toxins or whatever that he mentioned to Valera when comparing reading books to watching television as being hazardous or bad.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There have been a few indications. In Ryan's first episode, it was pointed out that Ryan was meticulous about cleaning his gun. Horatio questioned him about it and I'm 95% sure that Ryan mentioned his OCD and he feared he'd not get the job because of it. Delko once asked Ryan when they were looking for something in a suspect's home/office, "You're OCD, where would you put it" . An interviewer also once asked Jonathan if he was OCD like his character. There's been comments about Ryan's OCD in season 3 and possibly 4, but after that, it's like the writers forgot all about it, until we saw Ryan in his bathroom cleaning his wounds after the Russians beat him up. If you blinked, you would have missed the small, subtle nod to his OCD. All the bottles of liquid in Ryan's bathroom were at the same level (the liquids were I mean). I wouldn't have even known that if someone else hadn't pointed it out in the screencap lol. But I believe that was the last indication of his OCD that we've seen on the show. The writers have either just forgotten about it altogether or just don't care to not write him doing things that people with OCD would never do.

I don't remember him licking his hands while turning papers. I do recall him sucking on his hand/finger after he pricked it on a nail (a nail that looked dirty and rusty) in that first house he and Cal were in that caught on fire/exploded. Now that really grossed me out and I thought, "Ryan would never do that, he's OCD", but unfortunately, this show's writers tend to forget canon things that they've written for the characters. :lol: So, that was a result of that, as was the licking fingers to turn pages scene.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan did mention his OCD in the first episode and I'm 100 % sure.
    Yup,they were all neatly lined up,the liquid in them nice and even.
    Unfortunately,his OCD is something that is overlooked and forgotten until it's convient for the writers to use it again.Until then we have a scene like Ryan sucking his finger after pricking it on a staple because his OCD was again forgotten.

12. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Why would licking his hand when he caught it on a staple mean they were forgetting about his OCD? I'm only asking because I was diagnosed with having mild OCD and stuff like that has never bothered me.

I was re-watvhing WISC, and I saw the part when Calleigh told him he was 'the most meticulous person she knew' Am I being too hopeful in thinking that she could be referring to him being neat cause of his OCD?

13. belle

belle Dead on Arrival

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  14. Leggo my Jodieo

Leggo my Jodieo Hit and Run

I think that she was referring to his OCD. The writers hardly mention it, and when they do it's so subtle that I have to re-watch the episode a few times until I realise it :confused:

15. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Let's examine the evidence.

People often misuse the term OCD when referring to anything they pay particular attention to, although why bring up a trait for a character when you're never going to use it again? That would require continuity from the writers who might want to look that word up in their dictionaries.

Merely having someone state he's meticulous in his work doesn't really add much to it as I'd expect a person doing his job to be just that. Although his home from what we've seen of it was exceptionally clean and tidy. If he wants to moonlight with some cleaning work, I'm sure I can put some his way :D

As for stowing things away in boxes in wardrobes/cupboards, doesn't everyone do that? I do :shifty:

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.