Emily/Calleigh #13 - SuperCalleighfragilisticexpeEmilicious!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Congratulations Emily!!

Does this means less episodes next season?

2. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

OMG I'm so happy for Emily!!!!!! She just deserves all that hapiness!! I wish her the best!!!

I don't understand why it won't be written on the show! I mean they did it in CSI NY with Lindsay and Dany and it was perfect!

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm happy they don't write her pregnancy into the show.We don't need another D/L storyline .

4. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

You didn't like the D/L storyline?
    That's true that there was a problem with NY audiences when they did the D/L storyline so I understand why they don't want to show Emily's pregnancy on screen.

I just hope they won't kill Calleigh or something like that!
    But I must say that if it's Emily's choice to stop acting I'll respect it!

5. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I am so happy! Emily has been waiting for this moment for so long and I am sure she will be a great mother!!!!

As for the "not writing it in the season" I can understand it. A Calleigh pregnancy would change every plan they have about her character, even if it would be nice to see someone dealing with family in that show..I mean a traditional family (not H's ;)), coming home to your children, having to deal with your work and taking care of a family. Alexx was the only one that could do that, and when Khandi left the show they decided that her working was ruining her family time. I think that a woman can deal with working and having a family at the same time, so many women in the world do that (my mother does that!), why CSI people can't?

One thing I have to say, though. I am not sure, at this moment, CSI:Miami writers can deal with a Calleigh's pregnancy. So my best wishes to Emily Procter and Paul Bryan (who is a great singer by the way ;)) and I'll surely enjoy this season, whatever they'll write. I am kinda curious! :p

6. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i think the elisabeth caren photoshoot was done before the guideposts article and photoshoot because if you look closely you can see her bump especially the one with her in the purple dress looking to the water

7. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

AHH! OMG!! That's excelent news! So happy for her :D

8. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I noticed that too! I would not say anything at the time just because I wanted to avoid any rumor..I respect Emily's privacy too much and I did not want to spread unofficial news! ;)

GOSH I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!

9. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

I'm sure that the guidepost photoshoot is 2 month old because Emily wears the same clothes as on the last video on her website wich is 2 month old, that's the reason why we didn't noticed her pregnancy ;-)

I'm sooooooo happy for her!!!!!!

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Wow!!that is an excellent news!!I' sure she will be a great mum!
    And that answer my yesterday's question who her boyfriend is...although I thought she mentioned he hasn't got anything to do with show-business...
    As for her role as calleigh, I'm slightly worried. She will give birth and have maternity in the middle of the season. The pregnency will not be written in the show, so waht's left? Will she leave, have a break or what...guess we ave to wait.

11. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Looks like all we have is to wait. As I have already said in the spoiler thread, speculating on what she will do is not respectful of her privacy. But we are Emily's fans, we respect her, so we'll wait patiently...

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They may not be writing it in because they might feel that it would be difficult to write in the pregnancy with her that far along unless they did a time jump. And given the nature of the cliffhanger from the season finale, I'm not sure a time jump would work.

I'm happy for Emily and Paul. It's great news! I know how much she's been wanting to start a family. I wish her all the best. :)

When Emily goes on maternity leave, the writers could have Calleigh do a number of things. One thing they've mentioned in the past is that Calleigh taught a class somewhere on forensics (as a visiting teacher or something) because Ryan said he took that class. So, they could have Calleigh go to do another class for a bit. Or they could say that her father (or other relative) is ill and she goes to visit them.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  13. electra

electra Pathologist

Congrats to Emily.I wish her all the best.She deserves this happiness .

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I know I haven't been on this thread for a long time 'cause I didn't feel I should have done so. As most of you may know, I was a big fan of Emily...but in the last couple of years things have changed.....drammatically. Yet I still love the idea she's pregnant 'cause that what she has always wanted and, above all, as much as I don't like some of the things she says or does, I do respect her.

I've been lurking in this thread today because I wanted to see how people would react to this great news because that is what it is even if this might mean Emily will have to leave the show because of the so called maternity.
    Since it is a great news....possibly the best I've ever heard along with the weddings or things like this since the show has began.....I was expecting everyone to be happy and a rather respectful discussion whether you want to see her pregnancy also in the show.
    Looks like I have a rather complex and different idea of great news than yours. Instead of seeing everyone happy and cheerful because of such a great scoope I read things like this:

For instance I think there's a huge difference between speculating and what we are currently doing (yep I include myself in that category 'cause it's pretty clear my posts are included as well), but I guess it is not quite clear.
    Since you want and claim respect, I'll try and be the most respectful possible here.
    First of all you speculate when you don't have any idea of what a person is going through and you claim to know everything of it basing on unofficial news and above, all, on nothing or zero personal experience.
    An example of speculation, to me, was David Caruso's case when people claimed he was drunk, violent and, above all, some of the cast & crew left because of his behaviour...possibly becuase he almost tried to rape that person...I have read a countless number of speculation on this matter. I don't even wanna know how his fans reacted while reading all this garbage.
    Same thing happened with Togo when people were trying to recreate the crime scene when he was arrested without even knowing anything of what happened in that house that night...and what about people telling that CSB let Cibrian go because he was a womanizer?
    Do you think that is respect, do you truely believe that is not speculation?

Saying that a person might leave the show because that person is pregnant is everything but speculation....especially when it comes from women who actually know something about pregnancy. How can you want the to stay on the show all the time????? Is that respectful? I find it a rather selfish desire from fans.

She certianly will leave for a period and there's no need to start a rather complex discussion on how her pregnancy might be.

As a fan of the show and a former fan of the girl, I wish her the best despite all this useless speculation. Just try and be happy for her, instead!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!![​IMG] FINALMENTE EMILY! Aw I'm so happy for her, I can't wait to see the next seasson, I bet their gonna hide it. Eg like underneath desks, and under interrogation table and with her handbag like in the Nanny, OH BOY I'm so happy for her. I can't believe it isnt being written into the other season. The writers dont know what good for the show at all...it's about time Emily and Calleigh are happy.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]